Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• edited August 2014
    colin1961 said:

Same story just appears on twitter
    Rennes look to hijack Charlton Athletic's move for Andy Delort.
    Full story: goo.gl/7cynLb #CAFC #SRFC #ToursFC

Good...and I hope they get him quickly. This whole transfer fiasco has dragged on for far too long, pissed everyone off and is actually embarrassing us as a football club now imo. We should get a move on and spend our money elsewhere before the window closes.

...oh and cheers Colin.

• Always felt this was the case. Tours knew another offer was on the horizon. Whether Delort fancies it remains to be seen. Think we should stop fannying around and move on.
  • I know I am being cynical but could the word be put out by the Tours President to get Charlton to pay more. Don't forget that QPR were interested a week ago.
  • edited August 2014
    dickplumb said:

I know I am being cynical but could the word be put out by the Tours President to get Charlton to pay more. Don't forget that QPR were interested a week ago.

Think you're right. But regardless, let's move on and get someone like Baldock.
  • His dad has said that Rennes have made a big offer to him but he would still prefer a move to us if we agree a fee.
  • Eric Delort on the Rennes bid

Harry ‏@HarryEllis_CAFC 49m
    @DELORT1960 what is happening now? Is he signing for Rennes?

DELORT Eric ‏@DELORT1960 Protected Tweets 15m
    @HarryEllis_CAFC Rennes has just made a big offer has Andy

Harry ‏@HarryEllis_CAFC 15m
    @DELORT1960 will he accept?

DELORT Eric ‏@DELORT1960 Protected Tweets 12m
    @HarryEllis_CAFC They discuss!

Harry ‏@HarryEllis_CAFC 12m
    @DELORT1960 ok thank you, I think he will go to them... Have they agreed with Tours?

DELORT Eric ‏@DELORT1960 Protected Tweets 8m
    @HarryEllis_CAFC He preferred the England

Harry ‏@HarryEllis_CAFC 7m
    @DELORT1960 ok so if we agree with Tours he will come to us?

DELORT Eric
    @DELORT1960 Protected Tweets
    @HarryEllis_CAFC yes
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014
    dickplumb said:

I know I am being cynical but could the word be put out by the Tours President to get Charlton to pay more. Don't forget that QPR were interested a week ago.

Back again on the rumour thread @dickplumb, didn't take long. Knew you would return. Taking a hibernation from the thread. Never believed it for a minute.

Once a poster has started on the rumour thread it is impossible not to got hooked.

;-)
  • This "fee" has been going on for too long just give them a "take it or leave it" offer
  • This "fee" has been going on for too long just give them a "take it or leave it" offer

The fee has sort of been agreed... Ettori has told Delort that if he doesn't agree to join another club by August 31 then Tours will accept Charltons 3m euro offer.
  • edited August 2014
    This has got to the whole "Chris o Grady" point, at the end of the day Rolando;) is a smart man he won't be pressured into spending a single penny and rightly so, if the deal is overly priced then there are plenty other options and still 11 days left to get somebody in
  • Sponsored links:

• End this now. Bloke sounds aggro
  • End this now. Bloke sounds aggro

Could be the opposite ...he wants to come to us and he is insisting that Tours listen.
  • Valley11 said:

dickplumb said:

Definitely think this is a good call. Sick of all this hassle with Tours. Also last season Baldock was joint top scorer of League One with Assombalonga. And look how HE's started at Forest! Baldock is still young and is a proven goalscorer. Also on the last year of his contract with Bristol City, so could get him cheap. Sign him up Roland!
  • Swisdom said:

colin1961 said:

Same story just appears on twitter
    Rennes look to hijack Charlton Athletic's move for Andy Delort.
    Full story: goo.gl/7cynLb #CAFC #SRFC #ToursFC

Good...and I hope they get him quickly. This whole transfer fiasco has dragged on for far too long, pissed everyone off and is actually embarrassing us as a football club now imo. We should get a move on and spend our money elsewhere before the window closes.

...oh and cheers Colin.

The problem here is with us fans. We've made it a fiasco. It hasn't really dragged it's just been played out in public which is unlike us.

I still want him plus one of those wingers we've been linked with

I am not sure it's entirely fair to say it's fans who have made it a fiasco - which it is by now, admittedly. I see a lot of it as being down to Tours playing silly buggers, spreading rumours about different clubs coming in for him on a nearly daily basis and playing hardball financially against a club (us) on a much sounder footing and with much better prospects in nearly every way- against the wishes of the player and ourselves. Peeters pretty much ducked any comment when asked directly but so far as I can see, only one club has made a definite offer to Tours, reached terms with Delort and made real progress beyond enquiries - and that is us. The only reason it has not happened is not to do with us, it's not to do with the player, it's because of Tours.
  • edited August 2014
    There's no potential sell on value in baldock whereas there is in delort. I'm sure Roland is looking at future potential value in a player so signing players from abroad makes sense

• The fee has sort of been agreed... Ettori has told Delort that if he doesn't agree to join another club by August 31 then Tours will accept Charltons 3m euro offer.

How ridiculous!We have to rely on a player and a club to keep their word on the last day or so of the transfer window and if they dont we are without another striker.I really can't see us agreeing to this!

• The fee has sort of been agreed... Ettori has told Delort that if he doesn't agree to join another club by August 31 then Tours will accept Charltons 3m euro offer.

How ridiculous!We have to rely on a player and a club to keep their word on the last day or so of the transfer window and if they dont we are without another striker.I really can't see us agreeing to this!

Hey if it doesn't work out we can always recall PP from his loan ;)
  • If Tours don't sell Delort then they go bankrupt...

Pretty sure they will sell him, just hope it's to us!
  • Sponsored links:

We already have...
  • There's no potential sell on value in baldock whereas there is in delort. I'm sure Roland is looking at future potential value in a player so signing players from abroad makes sense

Baldock is only 25. Plenty of time to develop and command a bigger fee.
  • edited August 2014

The fee has sort of been agreed... Ettori has told Delort that if he doesn't agree to join another club by August 31 then Tours will accept Charltons 3m euro offer.

It doesn't mean we can't pull out if we find someone better before then or who's dad isn't on Twitter. Risky for Tours as well.
  • Talal said:

It doesn't mean we can't pull out if we find someone better before then or who's dad isn't on Twitter. Risky for Tours as well.

Bloody Frogs!
  • A whole load of nonsense from Eric Delors I think. No way we would agree to have another club effectively holding all the aces on the last day of the transfer window and see us left with Church as the number three striker.
  • Valley11 said:

dickplumb said:

Definitely think this is a good call. Sick of all this hassle with Tours. Also last season Baldock was joint top scorer of League One with Assombalonga. And look how HE's started at Forest! Baldock is still young and is a proven goalscorer. Also on the last year of his contract with Bristol City, so could get him cheap. Sign him up Roland!
    Didn't someone on here say Baldock has signed a new 3-year contract?
  • Delort to Hull, €4m supposedly
  • SHoare93 said:

Delort to Hull, €4m supposedly

Que Sera Sera.

Charlton need to make sure that they get a decent striker in. If its not Delort then I hope that they have a plan B so that the positive momentum to the season can be maintained,
  • SHoare93 said:

Delort to Hull, €4m supposedly

Saw this on twitter but only one account has said so, and probably isn't completely reliable.
  • They'll have a plan B in place. This is a professional football club, believe it or not. :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!