Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England squad announced today?

Who are you praying isn't in the squad/reserves?

Please please Mr Hodgson, don't pick tom cleverley.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014

Oxlade Chamberlain and Ross Barkley. We won't get out the group playing them.

Two of our best players? Right.
  • Options
    Ross Barkley should be one of the first names on the list!!
  • Options
    Ross Barkley should be in the starting 11.
    Glad to hear no A.Cole and hoping the following join him in staying at home!
    D.Wellbeck
    F.Lampard
    R.Lambert
    A.Carroll
    T.Cleverley
    And one final one i know I will get slaughtered for J.Hart.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Ross Barkley should be in the starting 11.
    Glad to hear no A.Cole and hoping the following join him in staying at home!
    D.Wellbeck
    F.Lampard
    R.Lambert
    A.Carroll
    T.Cleverley
    And one final one i know I will get slaughtered for J.Hart.

Who would be your 5 forwards? Not sure why you wouldn't take Hart either, by far the best English keeper, its not even close.

I'd like to see:

Barkley
    Lallana (start)
    Sterling (start)
    Stones

Hope not to see:

Wellbeck (if he is there I dont want him starting)
    Cleverly
    Ox
    Smalling (same as Wellbeck)
    Barry
  • Options
    Oxlade chamberlain is quality, been arsenals only decent player through their slump.

If cleverly goes it would be devastating. Barkley should go, could come up with a cracking goal or two at a key moment like Owen against the argies.
  • Options
    Michael Carrick
  • Options

Michael Carrick

Rumour has it, he has not made it, along with his Utd team mate Cleverly. http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/61866/world-cup-2014-thread-edit-brazil-and-germany-announce-squads#latest
  • Options
    Scott Parker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Scott Parker

I doubt it, he's 33
  • Options
    I really don't rate Welbeck, if he didn't play for United he'd be nowhere near the England team.

If you assume Rooney, Sturridge and Sterling are the three forwards that start I'd take Defoe and Lambert to provide options off the bench.
  • Options
    People moan about Welbeck and Lambert, why exactly?

Look at the 5 highest english goalscorers (strikers)
    Sturridge
    Rooney
    Rodriguez (injured)
    Lambert
    Welbeck

If we're taking 4 strikers, like most other countries, then who else do we have thats any better?
  • Options
    Marv is in form
  • Options

Talal said:

Scott Parker

I doubt it, he's 33
    wasn't being serious
  • Options

People moan about Welbeck and Lambert, why exactly?

Look at the 5 highest english goalscorers (strikers)
    Sturridge
    Rooney
    Rodriguez (injured)
    Lambert
    Welbeck

If we're taking 4 strikers, like most other countries, then who else do we have thats any better?

I'd have Defoe for a start - 20 mins to go and England need a goal, I'd rather have Defoe as a plan B than Wellbeck as a (much) worse plan A.
  • Options
    Heskey/Crouch dream double, surely?
  • Options
    Whaa?
    OMG!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this the Welbeck who scored 6 goals from his first 6 shots for England.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    SMW28 said:

Yes. Seem to remember Crouch having a pretty good record but wouldn't want him on the same continent.
  • Options
    Id rather carrol as I see him more of a dangerous threat in comparison to lambert, playing against the big teams etc. He offeres more of an alternative upfront.

However that idea might be a load of crap after watching carrol vs City, and lambert is a better goal-scorer, it would be unfair choice without merit I guess....
  • Options
    Welbeck is like Crouch in my opinion... He's one of these players made for International Football yet isnt brilliant at club level
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    SMW28 said:

Are you sure that stat is right, I thought he didn't score in his first few appearances - are you saying he didn't even manage a shot on goal in his first three or four caps ?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Id rather carrol as I see him more of a dangerous threat in comparison to lambert, playing against the big teams etc. He offeres more of an alternative upfront.

However that idea might be a load of crap after watching carrol vs City, and lambert is a better goal-scorer, it would be unfair choice without merit I guess....

Despite saying I'd take Defoe and Lambert I could see an argument to maybe cut one of them for Carrol as he does offer England another option - unfortunately you need someone like Nolan to be there to feed off of his knockdowns which means he in himself isn't a plan B.

Plus he's mainly been rubbish this year.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Welbeck's first touch looks as though he is wearing huge 50p pieces as boots. Just comes off of him at random angles.
  • Options
    I think Lambert is more cut out for international football.

Carroll would give away a free kick every 2 minutes. His gangly frame makes him look awkward and international referees can't work it out.
  • Options
    Think what you like about Wellbeck, he's one of the best technical players we have. If we're going to compete at WC level, he has to go. Anyone suggesting Carroll or Lambert should go ahead of him... I just can't understand.
  • Options
    I think I've dreamt it. I really thought Clive Tyldesley said something of sorts against Scotland but haven't found online. God that Welbeck is pony isn't he.