Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England squad announced today?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Other than Smalling (would've taken Stones) ,Welbeck (Sorry I just don't rate him) and Johnson, Roy has done a very good job with that squad.

Hopefully Lallana and Barkley get regular games ahead or with Gerrard and Lampard.
  • Options
    With Woy's squad:

---------------Hart----------------

-----Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines-----

----------------Gerrard--------

--------Barkley Oxlaide-Chamberlain------

--------Sterling Rooney Lallana-------

• Options
    A 12 man team, that will fool the opposition.
  • Options
    If Rooneys prepared to be CAM then play him there, he's probably our best player.
    If he's just going to drift around with Sturridge and turn it into a 442 then i'd drop him, Barkley and Lallana will both do a good job in that role.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I see the Rooney bashing has started already.

England's equivalent to Callum Harriott or Ben Hamer.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Who is john stones?

Galls brother

French or Belgian?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I see the Rooney bashing has started already.

England's equivalent to Callum Harriott or Ben Hamer.

Harriott is better
  • Options
    I would have Milner on the right as need protection for when Johnson goes wandering up pitch.

Then have Sterling come on for the last 20 minutes when defences are flagging.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I would have found a space for Carroll as an impact sub - probably at Lambert's expense - but most will disagree with me. And Ashley Cole would have pipped Shaw in my squad. I would have also picked Lennon instead of Milner. It doesn't matter too much as I can't see us getting through our group whoever we pick. Both England and Italy have been stitched up with their first match venue. It will take a lot out of them playing in 98% humidity and Costa Rica and Uraguay will be playing on their continent!

Actually I agree about Carroll even though Lambert deserves his place more. 4th choice strikers don't tend to get much game time so if a 'plan b' of hoofball is needed then I think Carroll would offer more threat.
    Hoofball is plan A. Didn't you know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:

I think this is our best and most well balanced side.

(4-2-3-1)
    Hart

Johnson
    Cahill
    Jagielka
    Baines

Gerrard
    Henderson

Sterling
    Rooney
    Lallana

Sturridge

I agree. Wouldn't complain too much at Ox or Milner on the right either though.
  • Options

Other than Smalling (would've taken Stones) ,Welbeck (Sorry I just don't rate him) and Johnson, Roy has done a very good job with that squad.

Hopefully Lallana and Barkley get regular games ahead or with Gerrard and Lampard.

Give it another major competition and Connor Wickham could replace Welbeck (If he continues how he ended this season) and Stones will be in the next major competition easily if he was able to make the Standby list on just half a season this year
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    .......................Hart...................
    Johnson....Cahill....Jagielka.....Baines

.......................Gerrard.................

..........Henderson.......Wilshere..............

.......................Sterling...................

..............Rooney.....Sturridge.........
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Mate of mine had a bet at the beginning of the season that Sturridge, Henderson, Sterling and Barkley would be going to the world cup.

If they all go he is £4000 better off

What a bet that turned out to be. How much he have to lay? I guess henderson would have been 100/1 on his own
  • Options
    Better hope that Cahill and Jagielka don't get injured after the tournament starts. Jones or smalling in the central defense would be a disaster
  • Options

Better hope that Cahill and Jagielka don't get injured after the tournament starts. Jones or smalling in the central defense would be a disaster

To be honest, with the options in the squad I'd seriously consider pushing Gerrard back if either got injured
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ---------------------Hart--------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Johnson---Cahill----Jagielka------Baines
    -----------------------------------------------------------------Gerrard ---- Henderson----------------------------------------------------------
    Sterling---------Rooney-------------Lallana
    -------------------Sturridge---------------------
  • Options
    dizzee said:

---------------------Hart--------------------------
    Johnson---Cahill----Jagielka------Baines
    -----------------------------------------------------------------Gerrard ---- Henderson----------------------------------------------------------
    Sterling---------Rooney-------------Lallana
    -------------------Sturridge---------------------

Bloody hell thats what you call playing out wide for Gerrard and Henderson ;-)
  • Options

That team would struggle to get a top four place in the Premiership, never mind win the world cup.