Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brazil World Cup 2014 - Betting Thread

I know there are a couple of other WC threads on here already, but thought it would be good to have one dedicated to odds, tips and betting success (or not)!

A few that have caught my eye:

- Still several places offering Spain at 7/1 to win. Not convinced they will this time around but looking at their ridiculously good squad (just announced) they must surely be there or there abouts with that quality. 7/1 seems very generous to me!

- Given that the South American teams will no doubt have an advantage, Chile at 50/1 are a great e/w shout. Others are Brazil (3/1), Argentina (5/1), Uruguay (28/1), Columbia (33/1).

- The last 2 Golden Boots have been won by players scoring just 5 goals so it really is open! A couple of goals for a player in the early group games and in theory they are almost halfway there.
Favourites are:
Messi (8/1)
Neymar, C Ronaldo (14/1)
Aguero, Suarez (18/1)

Selected others:
Fred (28/1)
Muller, Lukaku (33/1)
Benzema, Van Persie (34/1)
Cavani, Falcao, Negredo (40/1)
Klose, Rooney (50/1)
Torres (74/1)
Giroud, Llorente, Sturridge (80/1)
Dzeko (100/1)
Forlan (150/1)
Goochanejhad (1000/1) :)

- The Winner/Top Scorer double also has some tempting odds, with good reason - it's so tough to predict both!
Argentina/Neymar, Brazil/Fred (66/1)
Spain/Messi, Argentina/Suarez (80/1)
Germany/Klose (100/1)
Spain/Neymar, Spain/Ronaldo (125/1)
Germany/Suarez (150/1)

Anyone else considering throwing their money away this summer? :)

Comments

• Options
    Ivory Coast to win their group is good odds
  • Options
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup

Certainly some good deals floating around. Not sure there is an obvious favourite to win overall despite Brazil winning the Confederations Cup last year.
  • Options
    Had a £25 free bet with Coral so stuck it on Aguero top scorer at 16s. Fully expect him to get injured in one of the warm up games.
  • Options
    England not to win a game 50/1.
  • Options
    Fred top scorer was 33/1 at Coral

Dzecko to be Bosnia top scorer 6/4 + Bosnia to get knocked out in QF's 6/1

Argentina to win it
  • Options
    Just remember Brazil due to face runners up of Spain/Netherlands group in first knockout stages.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Just remember Brazil due to face runners up of Spain/Netherlands group in first knockout stages.

10/3 to get knocked out in the second round.
  • Options

Argentina to win it

Meant to say to you, I was looking at Brazil's last 4 or 5 games yesterday and I'm sure Fred has not played. Apparently he was out for 3 months from November to January and had a little setback. Maybe it's worth checking out his stats for his club team from Feb onwards to see if he has played much. Unless you already have then please ignore this post.
  • Options
    Sterling 24/1 - top English goalscorer

1 goal against Costa Rica could be enough
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I temporarily wish I was scottish so i could stomach making that bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Nicholas said:

Argentina to win it

Meant to say to you, I was looking at Brazil's last 4 or 5 games yesterday and I'm sure Fred has not played. Apparently he was out for 3 months from November to January and had a little setback. Maybe it's worth checking out his stats for his club team from Feb onwards to see if he has played much. Unless you already have then please ignore this post.
    Brazilian league has just begun, and he's got 3 in 4 for Fluminese. I didn't know he was injured before that, but you would imagine as he is fresher than the European players and scoring, he will start.
  • Options
    Brazil to Win outright 3/1.

The rest your looking at 5s, 6s...Netherlands at 25s along with the french.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Dave2l said:

I temporarily wish I was scottish so i could stomach making that bet.
    I might do it. England doesn't really mean a great deal to me anymore. Same old rubbish form players who couldn't care less. Having said, that I think Roy's players do and it's quite refreshing to see players like Lallana playing to the same level as he does for his cub. Really hope he starts.
  • Options
    So you going to watch/support your country or not?
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Nicholas said:

Argentina to win it

Brazilian league has just begun, and he's got 3 in 4 for Fluminese. I didn't know he was injured before that, but you would imagine as he is fresher than the European players and scoring, he will start.
    Ok nice one mate may have a little punt on him myself then. 28s now with Sportingbet and the rest are going 25s and 20s You must have really lumped on :)

Edit all done

Aguero 16s
    Fred 28s
    Benzema 33s Only did him because France are in a shit group so hoping he can bang a few in before they go out.
  • Options
    Benzema, Fred, Cavani and Sanchez are my top goalscorer bets

Brazil, Holland, Columbia, Uruguay, Ecuador, Nigeria, Portugal and Belgium to qualify for the knockouts, big acca there
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Nicholas said:

Argentina to win it

Cheers @ValleyGary‌. As you said, he is likely to start up front (on his own) in a team that is tipped as favourites to go all the way, so on that basis 28/1 for him to be top goalscorer (needing possibly only 5 or 6 goals) is decent odds.

Also stuck a fiver on Spain at 9/1 to be top-scoring team
  • Options
    Leave Suarez out of any bets. May not be involved after a knee op
  • Options
    I've got tenner on Brazil to win the World Cup and Aguero to win golden boot @ 80-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PP offering 3/1 on Brazil, and 3/1 on winner coming from group A. Might as well do the latter.

Though I'm on
    Argentina at 9/2
    Argentina/Germany final at 12/1
    Brazil to beat Croatia in firsy game by more than 1 (bonus bet from PP)

Will add accys on qualifying later on.
  • Options
    I'm all over France in this. Look good in warmups and got a really easy group. Also will have an easy last 16 game if/when they do when there group. Good potential for a cashout depending on there 1/4 final opponents. All over France here at 25's
  • Options
    Would like an E/W on Chile at 50s but their route looks nigh on impossible. Likely vs Brazil in R16 if they qualify.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    For me there are three outstanding bets.

Iran not to get a point in their group. 5-2

I can't see them scoring a goal let alone getting a point and these odds are brilliant.

Sergio Aguero top scorer in the tournement . 16-1

Again very big odds. Each way might be a good bet too.

Finally

Daniel Sturridge to be Englands top scorer . 3-1

• Options
    edited June 2014

I can't see them scoring a goal let alone getting a point and these odds are brilliant.

Finally

PP offering a free £5 bet every time your top-scorer player gets a goal (min bet £20). Looks attractive for someone like Aguerro.

I like the idea of Iran getting 0 points, but you might be better doing an accy on them to lose all three games - almost 4-1.
  • Options
    Racing Post doing a World Cup betting pull out in June 5th paper.At the moment i like the look of England going out in the quarters
  • Options
    I'm gonna be backing the japanese at various stages throughout the tournament
    I've git a feeling they're gonna come good
  • Options
    SkyBet are doing money back on outright winner bets it Brazil win it.
  • Options
    Just got France 22/1 to win it and Iran to lose all 3 games at 12/5.
  • Options

Finally

The problem I see with that Sturridge bet is England may only score two or three goals in which case who scores them could be quite random.