Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bear Grylls is a.........

Comments

• Options

When young my grandad took me poaching we hunted everything from rabbit to otter

The rabbits we ate

The fox and otter we sold the fur

He then got me a job with the local butcher working at the cattle mart where I assisted him getting his pigs sheep and cattle into the trucks and back to the slaughter house

I can remember watching the bolt gun hit the animal between the eyes before they were bled out and hung

I even shot a few myself

It's life things get killed to be eaten why is it so shocking that a crocodile got killed to be eaten

If the croc had been killed and not eaten then I can understand it

Murderer
  • Options
    I agree with the general sentiment on this thread, that thousands of animals die every day as a means to feed us. But I don't think that justifies killing a crocodile for the purpose of entertainment. Makes me feel just as uneasy as those who go to Africa to shoot lions.
  • Options

When young my grandad took me poaching we hunted everything from rabbit to otter

The rabbits we ate

The fox and otter we sold the fur

He then got me a job with the local butcher working at the cattle mart where I assisted him getting his pigs sheep and cattle into the trucks and back to the slaughter house

I can remember watching the bolt gun hit the animal between the eyes before they were bled out and hung

I even shot a few myself

It's life things get killed to be eaten why is it so shocking that a crocodile got killed to be eaten

If the croc had been killed and not eaten then I can understand it

unless they were making a nice pair of shoes
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

How much of a knob is that ginger long haired call centre bell end?

I hope the other cayman eats him in the next episode.

Did you see him on the first week nervously explaining away his swastika tattoo?
  • Options
    Classic "I haven't seen this but that does not prevent me from having a strong opinion!" Cue the show getting more complaints than it did viewers.
  • Options
    Well i think we can all agree that Bear Grylls is a stupid bloody name.
  • Options

Dress it up how yvou like, Bear Grylls you have to fake it to make it, total arsehole all done for the cameras and edited and to kill a baby croc for entrainment is just shamefull, man is a prick probably couldn't survive a night in bostall woods.
    Why people buy into edited tv is beyond me.

You've not seen the show, have you?
    No

It's on tonight, pull your head out of your arse and watch it.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Did you see him on the first week nervously explaining away his swastika tattoo?
    Yep tried to say it was the Hindu sign for peace...which could have been the case but I doubt it...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Yep tried to say it was the Hindu sign for peace...which could have been the case but I doubt it...
    Is the motion of the swastika not reversed for the nazi version ?
  • Options
    "it means peace, love and unity"

way to dig yourself out of that hole old boy!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Is the motion of the swastika not reversed for the nazi version ?

indeed it is.
  • Options
    The point is, is that the animal was killed purely for entertainment. Nothing else. You're kidding yourself if you genuinely think the producers would let them starve or that they're actually isolated.
  • Options

I bet he's never Grilled a Bear in his life, bloody plastic Ray Mears!
  • Options

Bear is a nickname. His Christian name is fairly ordinary.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The cayman was killed to be eaten in which both entertainment and feeding people was being accounted for.

The cayman was not PURELY killed for entertainment or they wouldn't have been allowed to eat it. That would be a second motive and clouds your so called pure reasoning.

They did it in a humane way to get a meal. They probably didn't kill it sooner as they probably didn't want the meat to spoil. Probably.

HUMANELY: I'd kill a chicken to eat it. I'd kill a rabbit to eat it. I'd kill cow to eat it. I would kill a lamb to eat it. I'd definitely kill a deer to eat it.

Why is that Cayman's demise any different?
  • Options

Bear is a nickname. His Christian name is fairly ordinary.

Don't posh folk lumber their kids with some silly names........................
  • Options

The point is, is that the animal was killed purely for entertainment. Nothing else. You're kidding yourself if you genuinely think the producers would let them starve or that they're actually isolated.

But it wasn't done purely for entertainment because they ate it, they didn't just kill it and have a laugh about it.
  • Options
    Well they could have eaten the same meal as the huge production crew, cameramen, sound men and Uncle Tom Cobbly that were there with them. On that basis the croc died needlessly save for the purposes of the programme. Therefore solely entertainment.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Well they could have eaten the same meal as the huge production crew, cameramen, sound men and Uncle Tom Cobbly that were there with them. On that basis the croc died needlessly save for the purposes of the programme. Therefore solely entertainment.

no production crew, cameramen, soundmen or uncle anything there with them. They have been given cameras to film themselves
  • Options
    Croydon said:

But it wasn't done purely for entertainment because they ate it, they didn't just kill it and have a laugh about it.
    Entertainment doesn't have to make people laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mrbligh said:

no production crew, cameramen, soundmen or uncle anything there with them. They have been given cameras to film themselves
    Lol. Yeah right.

• Options
    Any different to killing a chicken or a lamb?
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

Any different to killing a chicken or a lamb?

Nope. Just the reason behind it.

• Options

mrbligh said:

Lol. Yeah right.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10840522/Bear-Grylls-Theres-nothing-fake-about-The-Island.html
  • Options
    What reason? Presumably to eat it?

If the guys on the island were not on the island eating croc, they would be at home eating other meats. But probably a lot more meat.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

mrbligh said:

Lol. Yeah right.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10840522/Bear-Grylls-Theres-nothing-fake-about-The-Island.html
    Thanks for that link. I' m still not convinced it's quite as perilous as being made out but it's an interesting link nonetheless.

• Options
    fattmatt said:

What reason? Presumably to eat it?

If the guys on the island were not on the island eating croc, they would be at home eating other meats. But probably a lot more meat.

Really ?

• Options

mrbligh said:

Lol. Yeah right.

Its true. In the first episode they explained that 3 of the blokes had been given a crash course in using and maintaining the cameras. The whole group had also had a crash course in basic survival techniques....how to start a fire, finding and preparing drinkable water, what fruits of the island to avoid etc. All they have are the clothes they stand in, 3 machetes, 2 knives...and probably a radio to call base in an emergency.

Now I know a number of you won't believe it....but until proved otherwise these are the only facts we can go on about the show. Of course they wouldn't let them starve etc but they are prepared to leave them unassisted for as long as possible. One thing is for certain, they were fuckin' starving when they caught, killed and ate that Caimen.

• Options
    Check the link Draize, it was actually three of Bear's crew stranded with them doing the filming
  • Options
    Yeah, of course, that croc came along just when a few blokes with hairy chests started to get a bit hungry.