Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bear Grylls is a.........

Comments

• Options
    Why let facts get in the way of your opinion.
  • Options

mrbligh said:

Well they could have eaten the same meal as the huge production crew, cameramen, sound men and Uncle Tom Cobbly that were there with them. On that basis the croc died needlessly save for the purposes of the programme. Therefore solely entertainment.

no production crew, cameramen, soundmen or uncle anything there with them. They have been given cameras to film themselves
    Lol. Yeah right.

Its true. In the first episode they explained that 3 of the blokes had been given a crash course in using and maintaining the cameras. The whole group had also had a crash course in basic survival techniques....how to start a fire, finding and preparing drinkable water, what fruits of the island to avoid etc. All they have are the clothes they stand in, 3 machetes, 2 knives...and probably a radio to call base in an emergency.

Now I know a number of you won't believe it....but until proved otherwise these are the only facts we can go on about the show. Of course they wouldn't let them starve etc but they are prepared to leave them unassisted for as long as possible. One thing is for certain, they were fuckin' starving when they caught, killed and ate that Caimen.

I thought there was a link posted on this thread saying the caiman was released onto the island by the producers so that they'd have some food.

I think I'm on the side of the people who think it's OK, but I don't watch this kind of program. I think I'd die very quickly in that sort of situation, but I'd prefer that to having to call myself something like Tiger Growly.
  • Options

Well i think we can all agree that Bear Grylls is a stupid bloody name.

Bear is a nickname. His Christian name is fairly ordinary.
    You'll be telling me his missus Panda Frys isn't all she seems either !

• Options

I've never heard of anyone called Fairly Ordinary as a Christian name.....

Sounds extraordinary to me.....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I've never heard of anyone called Fairly Ordinary as a Christian name.....

Sounds extraordinary to me.....
    that's his more talented brother
  • Options
    The Caiman eating Bear Grylls would have been better entertainment.
  • Options
    Poo Fish.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I like it when Grylls said this....................

"When mother nature slams that larda door firmly shut. Things in the group rapidly go down hill,your hungry,despondent"

Yeah and its so tempting to turn cannibal and eat your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
  • Options
    For the benefit of anyone who didn't watch tonight but would like to get offended/upset/disgusted-they killed and ate a wounded seabird, it may have been a cormorant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:

For the benefit of anyone who didn't watch tonight but would like to get offended/upset/disgusted-they killed and ate a wounded seabird, it may have been a cormorant

This lot are sick in the head,wounded seabirds,crocks shackled up to broom sticks. What next?

• Options
    MSE7 said:

rina said:

This lot are sick in the head,wounded seabirds,crocks shackled up to broom sticks. What next?

Snails
  • Options
    What'll be on tonight's menu?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Anyone been watching The Island? Not very nice viewing when they are killing stuff. To kill two sleeping piglets in the name of TV is bang out of order.

On a plus note, the jock bird has a cracking set on her :)
  • Options
    It finished last week didn't it ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

It finished last week didn't it ?

Yes, I've been watching it on catch up.
  • Options
    Do they eat the piglets after?
  • Options
    Sage & Onion? Yup.
  • Options
    Sorry someone mentioned "cracking set" and I lost all concentration and indeed any other inclination to form an opinion of anything else...
  • Options
    robroy said:

Anyone been watching The Island? Not very nice viewing when they are filling stuff. To kill two sleeping piglets in the name of TV is bang out of order.

Just the sort of behaviour you'd expect from a public school toff like Grylls though.

Ducks for cover :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Show would be so much better if that twat didn't keep offering his stupid views
  • Options
    robroy said:

Anyone been watching The Island? Not very nice viewing when they are filling stuff. To kill two sleeping piglets in the name of TV is bang out of order.

To summarise; you don't think pigs should be killed while sleeping and potentially, not killed for food, and the best insight you have into the show is the size of someone's tits?
  • Options
    Have been avidly watching this run of the Island after my Mrs suggested we started watching it. Think we're a couple of episodes away from finishing the series on catch up!
    The northern fella has been cracking me up.

Have to agree with robroy and his factual statement above :)
  • Options
    robroy said:

JiMMy 85 said:

robroy said:

To summarise; you don't think pigs should be killed while sleeping and potentially, not killed for food, and the best insight you have into the show is the size of someone's tits?
    You are assuming that I said not for food. I said it was not very nice to watch, after they spent a couple of shows showing them cuddling them as pets etc. It was all done for the cameras.

The comment about the tits was a factual statement.

Think you need to chill out Jimmy
    No assumption made - hence 'potentially'! Still waiting for some insight beyond breast size, but I wouldn't say that winds me up.
  • Options
    Also watching on catch up - got a couple of episodes left.

The incompetence is quite funny to watch.
    Who would have thought that your priorities are to light a fire and find a source of water?

How many times at the end of the day would they try to light a fire as night falls !!!

6 weeks in and the women are sleeping on the floor still !!!

• Options
    Despicable excuse for a human.
  • Options
    The 2 pigs that get slaughtered were both sedated and placed to be found - the piglets were pets - PETA (I think) went mad over it and the producers apologised.

Additionally the Croc that got caught (genuinely caught as far as I read) was not a common or garden Cayman after all. It was an endangered American Crocodile and the producers offered to replace it - how do you 'replace' an animal from an endangered species ?

It was frankly awful on both Islands but the girls were totally useless.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

robroy said:

JiMMy 85 said:

robroy said:

You are assuming that I said not for food. I said it was not very nice to watch, after they spent a couple of shows showing them cuddling them as pets etc. It was all done for the cameras.

The comment about the tits was a factual statement.

Think you need to chill out Jimmy
    Still waiting for some insight beyond breast size, but I wouldn't say that winds me up.
    It's not all about size.

Shape was cracking too.
  • Options
    Oh she was decent, her tits were definitely good to see. That is factual.