Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PROTEST (old thread)

Comments

• Options
    R U Airman in disguise?
  • Options
    And how much is he paying to get the academy up to Category 1 status?
  • Options
    I assume you have all read the interview with Alex Dyer

• Options
    So he encouraged Powell to play the network players, not right but not the biggest crime in the world.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dickplumb said:

Our best players allowed to leave.
    Only a handful of contracts renewed.
    Brought in players deemed not good enough for the other teams in our network.
    Powell sacked for not playing his tosh.
    Riga brought in, expected to play his tosh, realises they're not good enough so refuses to play them, shown the door.
    Brings in Peeters, an unkown Belgian with a shit management record. The only conclusion we have is that he is looking for a yes man.

I don't understand how we as fans can be happy with this. Really is no surprise we get mocked by other teams.

Got rid of players not good enough,Pritchard, Green etc. Hamer, Dervite free agents, contracts allowed to run out by previous owners. Contracts offered to these players they have decided not to sign them.

Put money into new pitch.
    Updating and renovating training ground.
    Building up the Academy.
    Lowering Season ticket prices making them some of the lowest in the Championship.
    Trying to reduce our yearly debt of 7M.

You are right Mr Largo what has he done.

Apart from that what has RD ever done for us ?

;-)

• Options

Roland + Departure = Likely Administration = 10 point deduction = Almost certain relegation

Dont think that is accurate, if we lost RD now depending on who came in we would not be in admin, I think the only chance of that was if MS+TJ were still there, but if he sold us and to someone who had money then no we would not go into admin,

Saying that I am against a protest at this stage
  • Options

And how much is he paying to get the academy up to Category 1 status?

Not much I don't think, I thought the funding was coming from other sources (grants etc) but I may be wrong.
    dickplumb said:

Apart from sending Powell a few e mails and ringing him wanting the network players to be played and not putting Riga in charge I am happy with what RD has done for us so far.

Plus overseeing a fairly disastrous recruitment policy this far it's a pretty impressive record so far !

That being said, if Charlton fans protested as often as we propose protesting we'd be a force to be reckoned with !
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Riga brought in, expected to play his tosh, realises they're not good enough so refuses to play them, shown the door.
    Brings in Peeters, an unkown Belgian with a shit management record. The only conclusion we have is that he is looking for a yes man.

I don't understand how we as fans can be happy with this. Really is no surprise we get mocked by other teams.

I think that our fans constantly having hissy fits are the main reason for that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having a protest, are you having a laugh?
  • Options
    Just a question weren't the plans for the academy already in place?

And he didn't have any choice with the pitch.
  • Options
    But what if we protest with flares?

Will there be a protest about the protest?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Can't believe the apathy from so many on here, we'd still be playing home games at Selhurst if you lot had anything to do with it.

It's our club, not his, he's just the current trustee (and clearly not a very trustworthy one).

A few recent examples for you:

Cardiff City - fans did nothing, now a joke club playing in the wrong colour shirts, back in the Championship after a shambolic season.

Hull City - fans got organised and did something, consequently they're still called Hull City rather than being renamed Hull Tigers on the whim of their chairman.

Portsmouth wouldn't even have a club if their supporters hadn't got off their arses and done something about it.

Even the numpties down the road can get their act together:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283125/Crystal-Palace-fans-protest-outside-Lloyds-Bank-HQ-threat-liquidation-looms.html

Result of Football Supporters Federation campaign:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24446082

Those of you saying "he owns the club he can do what he wants with it" are utterly spineless, grow some testicles. Pathetic.

I'll await your invitation to the protest then?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Apparently improved the training ground plans and why did the pitch have to be done ? Apparently needed to be done for 8 years previous ?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Yes the plans were in place but the previous owners did nothing about it.
    The drainage needed doing for a number of years but the previous owners did nothing about it.
    RD has put his hand in his pocket, all he gets is criticism. Some people can't help themselves in putting the boot in.
  • Options
    Though i suspect there is a bit of mischief making in the starting of this thread, lets not take the pee out of those concerned about the future direction of the club.

These things only carry any weight when there is a real consensus.

At the moment there is not.

The stream of news may be disappointing but it is certainly not the time to make a snap judgement on any form of action, supportive or anti.

How things evolve over the coming months will determine whether this is likely to be a happy marriage or not.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Can't believe the apathy from so many on here, we'd still be playing home games at Selhurst if you lot had anything to do with it.

It's our club, not his, he's just the current trustee (and clearly not a very trustworthy one).

Cardiff City - fans did nothing, now a joke club playing in the wrong colour shirts, back in the Championship after a shambolic season.

Hull City - fans got organised and did something, consequently they're still called Hull City rather than being renamed Hull Tigers on the whim of their chairman.

Portsmouth wouldn't even have a club if their supporters hadn't got off their arses and done something about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283125/Crystal-Palace-fans-protest-outside-Lloyds-Bank-HQ-threat-liquidation-looms.html

Those of you saying "he owns the club he can do what he wants with it" are utterly spineless, grow some testicles. Pathetic.

Have you sent this from the barricades in Floyd Road?

I doubt you've even written to RD expressing your concerns. When you do and you don't get the response you want then let us know what you propose.

My protesting days are limited since my castration.

• Options
    Yann897 said:

Nug said:

Apparently improved the training ground plans and why did the pitch have to be done ? Apparently needed to be done for 8 years previous ?
    Think the pitch was beyond leaving for another season, don't you?

Fair enough regarding the training ground, is it all his money or was some/part of the funding already in place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

I hope the female posters on here don't start growing balls....

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

I threw my season tickets onto the pitch in protest after the last game of the season and I'm thinking about doing the same thing at the end of this season if I don't see things improve.

I'm sure that'll get the message through to the board.

I am pretty much resigned to the fact that the performances on the pitch are not going to improve between now and the end of the season.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to the protest now... I will be considering organising a counter-demo.

100% Support
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

So he encouraged Powell to play the network players, not right but not the biggest crime in the world.

No you don't quite get it. He sacked him because he refused to play them.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

I threw my season tickets onto the pitch in protest after the last game of the season and I'm thinking about doing the same thing at the end of this season if I don't see things improve.

I'm sure that'll get the message through to the board.

Did it sink in the mud?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

MrLargo said:

Have you sent this from the barricades in Floyd Road?

I doubt you've even written to RD expressing your concerns. When you do and you don't get the response you want then let us know what you propose.

My protesting days are limited since my castration.

Just to correct your inaccurate presumption, I wrote to Duchatelet, via Ben Kensell, along with a number of other supporters, following the sacking of Chris Powell. I got an acknowledgment from Kensell but unsurprisingly no substantive response whatsoever, either from RD or anyone acting on his behalf.
  • Options

I think that our fans constantly having hissy fits are the main reason for that
    I KNOW it's not. We get mocked for being weird boring fans who come across as unpassionate about our club, this thread just another example of that
  • Options
    Standard Liege Ultras pretty much went on the rampage in opposition to Roland. He didn't bat an eyelid.

If the op really thinks RD will give a monkeys toss about a CAFC leaflet campaign (because that will be all it will amount to) then you are deluded.

Perhaps G21 could organise a season ticket boycott.....oh.