Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PROTEST (old thread)

Comments

• Options

Our best players allowed to leave.
    Only a handful of contracts renewed.
    Brought in players deemed not good enough for the other teams in our network.
    Powell sacked for not playing his tosh.
    Riga brought in, expected to play his tosh, realises they're not good enough so refuses to play them, shown the door.
    Brings in Peeters, an unkown Belgian with a shit management record. The only conclusion we have is that he is looking for a yes man.

I don't understand how we as fans can be happy with this. Really is no surprise we get mocked by other teams.

Piss off and join the other teams that mock us then cause you have not got your own way ..

While you are at it try growing up a bit aswell
  • Options

Training ground - Just because we have submitted plans for the training ground, it doesn't mean we are going to go through with it.
    We have 5 years to implement, and if we make even a minor start on the works we can claim an official start and retain the permission almost indefinitely. I haven't seen anyone mention a timescale or even if we have selected a contractor yet.

As for lowering ST prices - there are a limited number of the £150 quid ones.

Building up the academy ?????? - Valley Gold have bought a 9 seater minibus, and that's all that has happened.

Renovate the pitch - only a fraction of the money that we got for Stephens, and all part of the purchase agreement i'm sure, not a surprise or even worth crediting RD for. had to be done by whoever owned the club.

Trying to reduce our debt - well, FPP is driving much of that and the debt sits with RD so it's for his own benefit.

In summary, we can't do without him, and as I said elsewhere we are now a rich man's plaything, but sadly not in an Abramovic style.

We have to lower our expectations - we are now just a minor irritation to RD and not the essential component in the lifeblood of the club like we used to be.

Very funny post this one, I take it you was being sarcastic though ?
  • Options
    People need to realise, if RD had his way it is likely we would have got relegated. If he had his way and played Nego, Thuram, Koc, Parzyzek etc we would have gone down.

Maybe I jumped the gun and a protest at this stage wouldn't be the wisest thing, but reading what Dyer had to say quite frankly pissed me off a lot. I encourage you all to read it, because I'm not sure some of you quite realise the situation we're in
  • Options

There really are some weird weird people who post on here

• Options

Our best players allowed to leave.
    Only a handful of contracts renewed.
    Brought in players deemed not good enough for the other teams in our network.
    Powell sacked for not playing his tosh.
    Riga brought in, expected to play his tosh, realises they're not good enough so refuses to play them, shown the door.
    Brings in Peeters, an unkown Belgian with a shit management record. The only conclusion we have is that he is looking for a yes man.

I don't understand how we as fans can be happy with this. Really is no surprise we get mocked by other teams.

Piss off and join the other teams that mock us then cause you have not got your own way ..

While you are at it try growing up a bit aswell
    Really mature to tell someone to 'piss off and the join the other teams that mock us' isn't it! You're a genius
  • Options
    If we make 5-6 signings of the level of O'Grady (seasoned, proven, not dirt cheap but not bank-busters, know the English style/level) or better then frankly I would be happy enough with the calibre of the team going into next season. Big If I know, but I am still on the fence - merely leaning much stronger towards dissent than I was this time last week.
  • Options
    If Dyer was that appalled by the situation, why did he not tender his resignation when Powell left?

I'm sure that things were not that great between the team management staff and RD. I also think that in only making his views known only when he has left the club has diluted his point in my eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Dyer was that appalled by the situation, why did he not tender his resignation when Powell left?

I'm sure that things were not that great between the team management staff and RD. I also think that in only making his views known only when he has left the club has diluted his point in my eyes.

Perhaps he couldn't afford to resign . Powell would have been paid for the rest if his contract. If he had resigned he would have got nothing .
  • Options
    Really do wonder why some people post - almost everyone on here recently havd been slagging off everything the club is doing - yes most fans are fed up with losing Hamer and Devite, Powell would have got most if the others released! O'Grady would be a good signing and let's see what else happens over the next few weeks......While we all think it is our club RD owns it. Judgement reserved.
  • Options

Perhaps he couldn't afford to resign . Powell would have been paid for the rest if his contract. If he had resigned he would have got nothing .
    That is probably correct....but he should not then go on to publicly slate the owner for the situation after the event IMO.

• Options
    Surely we'd have to sit down, make it a true Chalrton protest!
  • Options
    Pardew aside, we don't do protests.

• Options
    The article in the SLP wasn't pretty reading, admittedly.

However, players who were due to leave on a free this summer could have been demanding ridiculous wages, clauses and bonuses.

With FFP now in every owners thoughts, I think RD is 100% right, if he has told greedy players where to go. He has a plan, a plan requires budgeting, budgeting needs to be stuck to, to achieve that aim. We will never reduce annual losses if we continue to pay stupid money, to players who have no re sale value, a return on investment.

I can see RD and the new board trying to impose a youthful squad, with a sprinkle of decent experience. Without paying over the odds. If we do well, we can demand higher fees. Which is why I can see new deals coming in for the younger players.

Hopefully the younger players, buy into this "plan" and can strive for CAFC to successful.

I'm sure RD can throw lots of money at the plan and hope for the best. But is that sustainable, long term? It's going to be bumpy, it's gonna be a slog, but like most things in life, you just need to keep chipping away. We could've been in a much more awful position with the other lot in charge.
  • Options
    Haven't read everything but it's not OUR club - RD spent his dosh... We have the emotion of dealing with his decisions
  • Options
    Whilst I do understand the argument it is his club, he will eventually leave. The fans of a club are constant, the fans ARE the club. You will always refer to Charlton as your club/my club/our club
  • Options
    Let's for fucks sake see what happens with player signings, contracts, coaching appointments and communications before even remotely thinking about throwing toys around. Few on here suffering from premature evaluation!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People need to realise, if RD had his way it is likely we would have got relegated. If he had his way and played Nego, Thuram, Koc, Parzyzek etc we would have gone down.

Maybe I jumped the gun and a protest at this stage wouldn't be the wisest thing, but reading what Dyer had to say quite frankly pissed me off a lot. I encourage you all to read it, because I'm not sure some of you quite realise the situation we're in

If you read the thread re Dyer you will see that a lot of people who were more in the pro camp than against camp have become more concerned at RD, I and Shooters Hill were just two, but that does not mean we are going to rush out to an empty Valley for some form of protest. There still has to be an element of wait and see, after all from that article we had assumed that we were going to get low cost Belgium imports, and then later we here we have had a bid accepted for a Barnsley player for £500k, so its not quite black and white.

We are also going to have to accept that Rd has a different way of wanting to run the club and this has some uniqueness and some relates to the European style of club management. If you are waiting for a Manager then you'll be waiting a long time, as we won't be having one, instead we will have a Head Coach, not in the Dowie mold but as per a lot of continental clubs whereby the head Coach is given players and it is his job to get them playing. I believe that is what happens in the main at Real Madrid and they have not done too badly.

There is also two sides to every story and what really is pissing me off at the moment is that RD can't be bothered to tell us his side, but thats not worth taking to the streets of Charlton for.
  • Options
    Just see it now, Mr Largo leading from the front! "Why are you protesting"" Because the chairman told the manager who to pick"
    Neither Powell or Riga followed mr rolands commands and I'm 100% confident it will fallon deaf ears with Bobby too.
    Sometimes you are a twit Largo :-)
  • Options
    Osama can you start it off.
  • Options
    Sure the Dyer article was quite an eye opener, but is it really something that we want to protest about? I think before we start storming the barricades, there's a few questions that need answering:

Are we clear on what we want to happen as a result of a protest? I'm definitely not clear, and I'm not certain that you are either. The nearest that you've come to stating as motive is that you, "...expect him to understand how we feel and adjust how he treats our club...". He may well understand already, but more importantly I don't get the feeling that he cares. I certainly don't get the feeling that he's going to change the direction of a business he's invested millions in because a few 'customers' don't appreciate his management style.

Will there be enough people to support it? No. Some are clearly unhappy, others are positive, whilst most seem to be stuck in the middle with feelings of somewhere between ambivalence and bewilderment. If you're lucky, you might pick up a couple of dozen people to protest with you. Enough to show your personal commitment (or show you up as a laughing stock - depending on your point of view), but nowhere near enough to make an impact.

What are the chances of success? Zero. From what I can see RD paid no attention to some quite big demonstrations in Liege, I can't see him changing his mind over a few disgruntled Lifers.

I think you've got every right to be concerned, but at the moment there's nowhere near the strength of feeling or sense of direction needed to have a successful demonstration. Better to use our energies constructively and try to engage the guy in discussion.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

If you read the thread re Dyer you will see that a lot of people who were more in the pro camp than against camp have become more concerned at RD, I and Shooters Hill were just two, but that does not mean we are going to rush out to an empty Valley for some form of protest. There still has to be an element of wait and see, after all from that article we had assumed that we were going to get low cost Belgium imports, and then later we here we have had a bid accepted for a Barnsley player for £500k, so its not quite black and white.

We are also going to have to accept that Rd has a different way of wanting to run the club and this has some uniqueness and some relates to the European style of club management. If you are waiting for a Manager then you'll be waiting a long time, as we won't be having one, instead we will have a Head Coach, not in the Dowie mold but as per a lot of continental clubs whereby the head Coach is given players and it is his job to get them playing. I believe that is what happens in the main at Real Madrid and they have not done too badly.

There is also two sides to every story and what really is pissing me off at the moment is that RD can't be bothered to tell us his side, but thats not worth taking to the streets of Charlton for.
    Having calmed down a bit I now more agree with this outlook. However events over the last week or two have simply confirmed the fears that most of us have had for a long time, and the article today really was not pleasant to read. I do feel it is just a matter of time before it really does go tits up and I do hope then that the frightening force of bovril drinking, blanket wearing Charlton fans do get angry

• Options
    What do we want?
    ROLY OUT!
    When do we want it?
    Preferably before the tea in our flasks goes tepid!
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

The article in the SLP wasn't pretty reading, admittedly.

However, players who were due to leave on a free this summer could have been demanding ridiculous wages, clauses and bonuses.

With FFP now in every owners thoughts, I think RD is 100% right, if he has told greedy players where to go. He has a plan, a plan requires budgeting, budgeting needs to be stuck to, to achieve that aim. We will never reduce annual losses if we continue to pay stupid money, to players who have no re sale value, a return on investment.

The players should never have been allowed to reach this point with expiring contracts. If RD had listened to the management Hamer, Morrison, Dervite and Kermorgant would be at the club on long contracts, contracts that would have cost the club a fair lot less than replacing the entire core of our team when you consider that transfer fees will be involved.

The idea that there is a real plan makes me laugh - the strategy of brining in Standard loan players was a total failure and now that part of the 'plan' will be being hastily rewritten. I think it would be quite a stretch to suggest that Bob Peeters, who is clearly our new Head Coach, has scouted Chris O'Grady, so who is it who has? Like Dyer alluded to, is it someone who has done thorough check as to whether the guy is going to fit into the team, or is it someone behind a computer looking at stats?

If you were in Morrison's or Poyet's position would you sign up? If fans are feeling that we're a bit of a laughing stock, how do you thin the players are feeling?

Hopefully Roland will learn from his mistakes and we'll move forward, but it is going to have to be with an entirely new team, under a manager who has everything to prove and a chairman proven to interfere with the playing side. The sooner this experiment is over the better, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Rob, why would RD offer replaceable players such as Hamer, Dervite, Morrison new champ level ontracts the whole time he had no idea what league we would be playing in next season.

Contracts should have been sorted by the old regime, but they had their reasons. Contract expiration was not RD's fault in my opinion.

• Options

Rob, why would RD offer replaceable players such as Hamer, Dervite, Morrison new champ level ontracts the whole time he had no idea what league we would be playing in next season.

Contracts should have been sorted by the old regime, but they had their reasons. Contract expiration was not RD's fault in my opinion.

Because even if we had been relegated all of those players would have attracted offers. And if you're really concerned about being relegated and paying championship wages - you have a clause in their contracts that the players can leave for £0 if the club is relegated. It's a plus for the players who don't really fancy playing in League one again, and a guarantee that their wages are off the books if the worse happens.

They weren't signed up because it was deemed that players within the network could do their job just as well or better. Except it was very quickly evident to everyone, except RD, that they couldn't. I actually think that RD will realise that serious mistakes have been made and that the policy will change, because simply if there isn't a drastic change in the way we have been run over the last 6 months then we will be heading for disaster, and he will clearly not want that.

I'm in a way relieved there has been so much drama and it was so close to all going very wrong, because it gives me optimism that RD will stop placing so much trust in the people that are advising him and listen to others.