Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PROTEST (old thread)

Comments

• Options

Aww, tell us........
  • Options
    Disappointed, but no protest yet - there are moves behind the scenes that interest me. 16 games in I'll know if Peeters was any better than Riga, but I will definitely miss Riga's passion
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Aww, tell us........
    What's the point?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Aww, tell us........
    What's the point?

On reflection, I truly have no idea. All I do know is that cherry vodka I bought on Saturday is very nice :-) from a little distillery in Doncaster. Who'd've funk it?!?
  • Options
    edited May 2014

RedChaser said:

Aww, tell us........
    What's the point?

On reflection, I truly have no idea. All I do know is that cherry vodka I bought on Saturday is very nice :-) from a little distillery in Doncaster. Who'd've funk it?!?
    Seems to be hitting the right spot, mind you don't spill it driving round to O'Grady's :0)
  • Options
    Don't be silly, it's still 1962 in Yorkshire. Drink-drive laws aren't really enforced in these parts.
  • Options
    I'll join the protest but I can only make Thursdays between 4.30 and 5.30. Have to be home for my tea by 6pm else my mum gets worried
  • Options
    Dammit, it's the schools half-term holidays...
  • Options
    I'm going out tonight and at work all day. Could we do the protest next Thursday between 4:30 and 5:30 as this will mean that Valley McMoist and Silent Addick should also be able available. Would it be alright if I bring my gerbil as it hasn't been sleeping very well of late?
  • Options
    On the website it says that Peeters has been appointed as Head Coach, does this mean we are also getting a new manager or, possibly, a director of football?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

I'm afraid a new pitch, that needed to be done anyway, does not sugar cos

Chizz said:

So we let RD carry on, we let him choose he comes on against the managers wishes, we let him sack every manager who refuses to play the crap he brings in from his network?

Yep. It's his club.

No, it is our club
    Is it? How much did we pay for it? And which of us gets to sit in the directors' box?
    Chairmen are temporary custodians of football clubs that belong to the fans. They should be acting on behalf of the fans in protecting & enhancing the future of the football club. How in this country we allow anyone to come & go and fuck about with football clubs is anyones guess.

Without you there is no Charlton Athletic.
    It baffles me that most of you lot don't understand this
  • Options
    its irrelevant tbh, it is his club and as long as things are going well, (we stayed up by the way, you seem to have missed that) then why protest about something that may or may not happen in the future or may or may not have happened in the past.

Relax and enjoy the summer, it looks lovely out too.
  • Options

I think it's quite clear we've got 2 separate groups regarding how we view RD. What I don't quite get from the pro-RD people is the point that 'he brought in a manager who saved us at short notice'. Yes, he did but he then sacked him because he refused to play the obviously not good enough players from his network. Surely that issue carries more weight than the fact that he brought the manager in in the first place? It is clear that RD was under the illusion that Riga WOULD play the network players before he joined, and I'm sure had he not sacked Powell only 2 months prior and it had been the beginning of the season he would've got rid of Riga too

he never sacked him, he just didn't offer an extended contract
    Same difference, he was more than good enough, he wanted to stay. Only reason he wasn't offered the contract was because he refused to play Roland's players!
    Oh you know that for sure do you?
    That's the conclusion the fans have to make given what people from inside the club have said.

Richard Murray, a person inside the club said that we were signing 3 players on loan in January with proven Premiership experience...... It didnt happen - does that mean that RD is the evil man you wish to make him out to be, or does it mean that not everything that comes from inside the club (unofficially) should be taken as gospel?
  • Options
    Protest.
    Are you having a laugh.
    Put your money where your mouth is and you take over the club yourself.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Protest.
    Are you having a laugh.
    Put your money where your mouth is and you take over the club yourself.

What a moronic comment
  • Options
    Bunch of drips
  • Options
    What a moronic name.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

What a moronic name.

I actually get a lot of compliments on it thankyou very much.
  • Options
    If people couldn't be bothered to make a protest after Dowie was appointed, given a war-chest to spunk, fired, and replaced with Les fucking Reed, then what chance do we have. That season was the most needless relegation.

Then you have Parkinson appointed (on a results-basis - was it six losses?!), plummeting to the third tier, and STILL everything was apparently fine, due to everyone still up Richard 'Teflon' Murray's arse while he was systematically destroying our club.

If all these things hadn't have been tolerated, then none of us would have ever needed to hear the name M.Duchatelet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Our best players allowed to leave.
    Only a handful of contracts renewed.
    Brought in players deemed not good enough for the other teams in our network.
    Powell sacked for not playing his tosh.
    Riga brought in, expected to play his tosh, realises they're not good enough so refuses to play them, shown the door.
    Brings in Peeters, an unkown Belgian with a shit management record. The only conclusion we have is that he is looking for a yes man.

I don't understand how we as fans can be happy with this. Really is no surprise we get mocked by other teams.

What management record did Chris Powell have?
  • Options

Bunch of drips

haha when i see you protesting on BBC London News, ill say yeah you were right, I'm a drip and old OsamaBenHamer is one cool kid.
  • Options
    Well said red and white.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2014

Our best players allowed to leave.
    Only a handful of contracts renewed.
    Brought in players deemed not good enough for the other teams in our network.
    Powell sacked for not playing his tosh.
    Riga brought in, expected to play his tosh, realises they're not good enough so refuses to play them, shown the door.
    Brings in Peeters, an unkown Belgian with a shit management record. The only conclusion we have is that he is looking for a yes man.

I don't understand how we as fans can be happy with this. Really is no surprise we get mocked by other teams.

What management record did Chris Powell have?
    The best one of any permanent Charlton manager in the past 25 years (based on win percentage)?

Move on, he's gone.

• Options
    WSS I was referring to peeters " shit management record "
  • Options
    Ah OK - gotcha. I think the quotes from @belgofoot‌ are quite promising on Twitter - he seems to be a switched on guy.
  • Options

Bunch of drips

haha when i see you protesting on BBC London News, ill say yeah you were right, I'm a drip and old OsamaBenHamer is one cool kid.
    It won't be on the news. All I planned on doing was sticking a potato with a hole in to RD's exhaust
  • Options
    He's not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe.
  • Options
    He's from Brussels, all they do with bananas is measure them