Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confirmed Championship Signings

Comments

• Options
    Fryatt to forest
  • Options
    Sky Sports Transfer Centre
    Here's confirmation of the news that Wes Thomas has rejoined Birmingham City.

Birmingham City FC
    @BcfcDotCom
    BREAKING NEWS: #BCFC re-sign striker Wes Thomas on a two-year deal: goo.gl/eVd8qd http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp2rIaFIMAApgdQ.jpg
  • Options

Fryatt to forest

Yeah that one was confirmed on Monday, it is in the long list
    I will do another long list either Friday or Saturday

• Options
    Fryatt I fear was always going to be another "northern star" but a matter of possible interest is Notts Forest other targeted deal who according to the BBC is "£2m-rated" Dutch forward Lars Veldwijk. He has returned to the Netherlands to think over the deal.

Veldwijk scored 46 goals in 71 Jupiler League appearances (1 goal per 1.55 games).

Piotr Parzyszek scored 29 goals in 52 Jupiler League appearances (1 goal per 1.79 games)

Sorry to take the thread off topic but I also note Anil Koc is now heading for Trabonzspor in Turkey

Another Liege protégée Verbeek (rumoured to heading our way) who was on loan to NAC Breda last season is now about to join Utrecht - NAC Breda could not would not come up with 100,000 € needed to seal a permanent deal.

In terms of Liege they are expecting 175,000 € from FIFA for their players and former players (Kawashima, Opare, Ciment, Reza) at the World Cup. Apparently we will receive 2,000 € a day for Reza starting 2 weeks before the World Cup up to and including the day after his team is eliminated from the competition - so approx. 56,000 €

• Options

Fryatt I fear was always going to be another "northern star" but a matter of possible interest is Notts Forest other targeted deal who according to the BBC is "£2m-rated" Dutch forward Lars Veldwijk. He has returned to the Netherlands to think over the deal.

Veldwijk scored 46 goals in 71 Jupiler League appearances (1 goal per 1.55 games).

Piotr Parzyszek scored 29 goals in 52 Jupiler League appearances (1 goal per 1.79 games)

Sorry to take the thread off topic but I also note Anil Koc is now heading for Trabonzspor in Turkey

Another Liege protégée Verbeek (rumoured to heading our way) who was on loan to NAC Breda last season is now about to join Utrecht - NAC Breda could not would not come up with 100,000 € needed to seal a permanent deal.

In terms of Liege they are expecting 175,000 € from FIFA for their players and former players (Kawashima, Opare, Ciment, Reza) at the World Cup. Apparently we will receive 2,000 € a day for Reza starting 2 weeks before the World Cup up to and including the day after his team is eliminated from the competition - so approx. 56,000 €

Why do you get money for former players
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sky Sports Transfer Centre:
    Cardiff City have confirmed the signing of midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi on a free transfer from Crystal Palace.

Cardiff City FC
    @CardiffCityFC
    We are pleased to announce that Kagisho Dikgacoi, aka @KGDikgacoi has signed on the line & agreed to join. #WelcomeKG http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp71JXGIMAA9F__.jpg

I remember his goal against us at The Valley
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Birmingham have announced the signing of former Burnley and Newcastle United defender David Edgar on a deal until 2016.

Birmingham City FC
    @BcfcDotCom
    BREAKING NEWS: #BCFC sign Canada international @DavidEdgar141 on a two year deal. Full story: goo.gl/RbwLyD pic.twitter.com/X6uFcfOJHH
  • Options
    Lloyd Dyer has agreed terms on his free transfer to Watford from Leicester
  • Options
    Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of Dutch striker Lars Veldwijk.

Nottingham Forest FC
    @Official_NFFC
    #NFFC have completed the signing of Dutch striker Lars Veldwijk for an undisclosed fee. nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/r… http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp8PTpeCcAAAQqr.jpg
  • Options
    And whilst one player arrives in the Midlands, another departs as Lloyd Dyer has agreed terms on his free transfer to Watford.

Leicester City
    @OfficialFOXES
    Lloyd Dyer has agreed a three-year deal to join @watfordfcsays . Thanks for everything, Lloyd! http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp8R2CCCEAEZsje.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cardiff City have confirmed the signing of midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi on a free transfer from Crystal Palace.

Cardiff City FC
    @CardiffCityFC
    We are pleased to announce that Kagisho Dikgacoi, aka @KGDikgacoi has signed on the line & agreed to join. #WelcomeKG http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp71JXGIMAA9F__.jpg

I remember his goal against us at The Valley

What a signing for thrm
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC
    @Official_CAFC

#CAFC have completed the signing of ........ well, nobody at all yet.

Sorry, Paulie. Blatant hijack.

;o)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Millwall have won the race for highly-rated frontman Lee Gregory. The 25-year-old was working as a part-time electrician while on the books of FC Halifax Town.

Championship new boys Rotherham have wrapped up a deal for Crawley defender Mat Sadler.

Charlton announce deal for Copenhagen striker Igor Vetokele.

Huddersfield have acquired themselves a safe pair of hands in the form of Joe Murphy, with the Republic of Ireland international joining on a free at the end of his deal at Coventry.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fulham have announced the signing of Australian international Adam Taggart from Newcastle Jets.

Northern Ireland international defender Craig Cathcart has joined Watford on a two-year contract. He joins as a free agent at the end of his contract at Blackpool.

Millwall have acquired Byron Webster on a two-year contract at the end of his deal at Yeovil.
  • Options
    From Sky Sports Transfer Centre

Sheffield Wednesday have snapped up promising midfielder Paul McElroy.

Sheffield Wednesday
    @swfc
    BREAKING: @swfc confirm signing of Northern Ireland youngster Paul McElroy #swfc http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq4-rwQIMAAXW9d.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Millwall have acquired Byron Webster on a two-year contract at the end of his deal at Yeovil.

Millwall FC
    @MillwallFC
    #Millwall are delighted to announce the signing of defender Byron Webster on a two-year deal from July 1st http://t.co/BZirpf3Qmt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doncaster Rovers winger David Cotterill is set to become Birmingham City's eighth new signing of the summer, Sky Sports understands.

8 already
    Northern Ireland international defender Craig Cathcart has joined Watford on a two-year contract. He joins as a free agent at the end of his contract at Blackpool.

Official #watfordfc
    @watfordfcsays
    OFFICIAL: Craig Cathcart has agreed terms on a 2-year deal and will officially become a #watfordfc player on July 1 http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq4q6k4CMAAXHrj.jpg
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    How have Birmingham Managed to sign anyone let alone 8 players - I thought they were in deep sh!t
  • Options

How have Birmingham Managed to sign anyone let alone 8 players - I thought they were in deep sh!t

Thats what i thought

David Cotterill from Donny 2 year deal
    Mark Duffy from Donny 2 year deal
    David Edgar from Burnley 2 year deal
    Gavin Gunning from Dundee United 1 year deal
    Wes Thomas from Rotherham 2 year deal
    Grant Hall From Tottenham Season Loan Deal
    Stephen Gleeson from MK Dons 2 year deal
    Jonathan Grounds from Middlesbrough 2 year deal
  • Options
    Clayton Donaldson set to become Birmingham's 9th summer signing in the next day or two (on a Bosman).
  • Options
    Because the FA is a shambles from top to bottom, the teams that should be in shite aren't, and the teams that have been put under the wrong hands are now paying hard for it.

Doubt this fair play rulings will last too long, people will breach it and get away lightly for it, that's football.
  • Options

Zigic has gone, so that gives them a £65K per week saving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Zigic has gone, so that gives them a £65K per week saving.
    Not just Zigic I bet they are saving a lot from
    Darren Ambrose, Wade Elliott, Peter Lovenkrands and Hayden Mullins,
  • Options
    That Duffy had a blinder for Donny against us at their place. No idea how consistent he was over the season.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Clayton Donaldson has joined Birmingham City, the former Crewe and Brentford forward has penned a two-year contract at St Andrew's.

Former Real Madrid and Almeria midfielder Marcos Tebar Ramiro has joined Brentford on a two-year contract.

Derby County have signed defender Zak Whitbread on a free transfer following his release from Leicester City,
  • Options
    Watford have re-signed Matej Vydra on loan from Udinese.
  • Options
    Got Vydra back on loan - very handy.

He and Deeney worked really well the season before last.

• Options

Watford have re-signed Matej Vydra on loan from Udinese.

great signing for Watford that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Thats what i thought

David Cotterill from Donny 2 year deal
    Mark Duffy from Donny 2 year deal
    David Edgar from Burnley 2 year deal
    Gavin Gunning from Dundee United 1 year deal
    Wes Thomas from Rotherham 2 year deal
    Grant Hall From Tottenham Season Loan Deal
    Stephen Gleeson from MK Dons 2 year deal
    Jonathan Grounds from Middlesbrough 2 year deal
    Lot of British/Irish signings there - I know Edgar's a Canadian by birth but of British descent....
  • Options
    Rotherham United have signed Charlton defender Richard Wood and have also announced the signing of former Leeds and Crystal Palace winger Ryan Hall.
  • Options
    Rotherham boss Steve Evans has agreed the signing of Frazer Richardson, subject to Football League ratification.

Rotherham United
    @OfficialRUFC
    Rotherham United have agreed a deal to sign defender Frazer Richardson. #rufc http://t.co/wnekHbJPd7
  • Options
    Following the earlier arrival of Frazer Richardson, Rotherham have now made their second signing of the day by landing Febian Brandy.

Rotherham United
    @OfficialRUFC
    Millers make it another double as Brandy tops up the squad. #rufc
    More to follow at http://t.co/ARZvHvONvq http://t.co/NayaDiOOsY