Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• redman said:

Canters - glad you had a good day with your Dad.
    How anybody can tell whether that was caught or touched the ground I don't know. With or without technology that was impossible to tell. iIt used to be that the batsman was always given the benefit of the doubt. This rule seems to have lapsed. personally I think it should be brought back in. At least we would get consistency, because I agree on many occasions it would have been given out.
    You missed TC but everyone suffers injuries. Kent missed Milne for the bulk of the competition.
    Ps still can't believe you got this far anyway. it was more Kent losing that final game than Surrey winning it!

Cheers mate.

I accept there is some doubt over it. I still maintain that from my position of perfectly side on to it front row seats I watched it all the way into his hands. He had fingers under the ball. For the reasons I stated above the replays always add doubt where there is little.

Everyone in the ground except the umpire knew that was out. Elliot should have walked. The soft signal was wrong and the decision was wrong.

Either way the fact is now that in 2 quarter finals there have been almost identical calls and they have gone different ways. Both changed the game and the side that got the decision got the match.

I still can't believe Dom Sibley will be opening the batting at finals day when Finch/ Roy won't be.
  • I hadn't realised that the umpire involved last night, with the soft not out signal was Martin Saggers..... ex Kent :wink:
  • edited August 2017
    I watched it all the way into Burns hands and it was out. He had fingers under the ball.

What was shocking was the decision by the on field umpire to give the soft signal not out when he was so far away

So canters watched it all the way into his hand but the umpire was too far away??????

• MrOneLung said:

I watched it all the way into Burns hands and it was out. He had fingers under the ball.

What was shocking was the decision by the on field umpire to give the soft signal not out when he was so far away

So canters watched it all the way into his hand but the umpire was too far away??????

I was closer to it than the umpire believe me. I was also slightly side on so had a better angle.
  • Meaker's on fire.
    Your forward defence is terrified,
    Meaker's on fire.
  • For those not up to speed. We are playing Middlesex in the championship.

Ollie Pope
    Rory Burns
    Scott Borthwick
    Ryan Patel
    Jason Roy
    Ben Foakes(wk)
    Sam Curran
    Rikki Clarke
    Gareth Batty(c)
    Stuart Meaker
    Amar Virdi

Championship debuts for Ollie pope who it seems will be opening and Ryan Patel who is a batting all rounder both are u19 internationals.

Lot of bowling options in that side.
  • They started well after we lost the toss and were made to bowl, then Meaker got Compton. Then very strangely we took Meaker off and waited a long time before giving him another over. He got 2 quick wickets when he came back on.
  • Pretty sure they are streaming this
  • edited August 2017
    Robson b Meaker 57
    Compton c Borthwick b Meaker 20
    Eskinazi lbw b Virdi 13
    Voges lbw b Clarke 40
    Stirling b Meaker 0
    Simpson not out 9
    Franklin c Borthwick b Clarke 7
    Roland-Jones lbw b Batty 5
    Rayner not out 0
    Extras 2nb 0w 4b 6lb 12
    Total 64 overs 163-7
  • Bowler Overs Runs Wickets Econ
    S Curran 13.0 33 0 2.54
    Clarke 14.0 26 2 1.86
    Meaker 10.0 33 3 3.30
    Batty 6.0 10 1 1.67
    Patel 11.0 22 0 2.00
    Virdi 10.0 29 1 2.90
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on let's get the last 2 wickets and finish this.
  • Classic Surrey losing 2 late wickets to take the gloss off a good day.
  • 95-3 at lunch on Day 2. Nightwatchman Meaker still going on 40*.
  • Meaker c Simpson b Finn 42

114-4
  • 50 up for Jason Roy

163-4
  • Roy has been in 1 more ball than Foakes. He has scored 61. Foakes has 18.
  • Roy has been in 1 more ball than Foakes. He has scored 61. Foakes has 18.

When Roy is in form he is an absolute joy to watch
  • 50 up for Ben Foakes

222-4, 25 runs behind.
  • Roy c Roland-Jones b Voges 79

231-5
  • All out for 280 in the end, our tail was mopped up quickly with the new ball.

Middlesex 15-0 in their second innings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Play abandoned for today without a ball being bowled due to rain.
  • Middlesex currently 116-6, leading by 83 runs on the final day.
  • 165-7 now, leading by 132. About 50 overs left in the day's play.
  • I fancy us chasing 140 in 40 odd overs.
  • 196-7 at tea, with a lead of 162... looking unlikely now.
  • On BBC cricket they are saying the match is delayed because of crowd trouble
  • We've had a problem getting rid of the tail all season. Too many times there have been five for six down for not many, followed by a 7th, 8th wicket recovery.
  • Some one fired an arrow on the pitch, and the players walked off
  • edited August 2017
    @SMeaker18

Well...we have just officially gone off the field because a metal tipped arrow just landed on the pitch!!

• Test Match Special‏Verified account
    @bbctms

Latest reports from the Oval suggest a Cross bow bolt was fired from outside the ground onto the field. Spectators were told to take cover.
    Fired from outside the ground apparently