Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015

I was at the game supporting Sussex. Horrible collision though it didn't look as bad as it obviously was at the time.

Firstly condolences for supporting the wrong team... but seriously glad to hear the players are recovering well in hospital!
    Yes, sounds goodish news this morning but 3 breaks to the jaw and dental operations don't sound pleasant.

I think you are right to feel sorry for me for supporting Sussex this season, @cantersaddick. I can see us playing in Division 2 next season.
    Sorry to hi-jack the Surrey thread but curiosity makes me ask thai why he supports Sussex when I believe I am correct in saying that he lived close to the Rectory Field and used to watch Kent there?
  • Options
    Surrey v Kent starts tomorrow. Now is the time for Kent to show that there isn't much difference between 8th and 2nd.
  • Options
    Gonna get my excuses out there early... even with the returning sangakkara the injury to Matt Dunn takes our unavailable list to 10!
  • Options
    So Jason Roy backed up his 122* in the t20 last week with a 108 off 79 balls today in the 50 over comp! Davies hit 99. Surrey beat Northants by 220 runs!

A key win as it gives us a great net run rate which makes up for the point lost dues to yesterday's game being rained off!
  • Options
    Very late to this, just saw thread title. Grew up a Surrey fan, my favourite player when a kid was John Edrich, who looking back now probably wasn't the most exciting choice! My parents are cricket nuts, and Middlesex fans, so spent many happy days as a child getting the train from Bucks up to London and watching a days cricket at Lords. In Gloucester now, so support both teams, Surrey looking stronger this year, hoping they have uncovered a couple of gems in the Curran brothers!
  • Options

So Jason Roy backed up his 122* in the t20 last week with a 108 off 79 balls today in the 50 over comp! Davies hit 99. Surrey beat Northants by 220 runs!

A key win as it gives us a great net run rate which makes up for the point lost dues to yesterday's game being rained off!

I was there yesterday and Surrey looked on for a score of over 400 until the slow bowlers bogged us down. Went for something to eat during the break, came back and Northants had lost 8 wickets!
  • Options
    That sounds like an enjoyable lunch
  • Options

I was there yesterday and Surrey looked on for a score of over 400 until the slow bowlers bogged us down. Went for something to eat during the break, came back and Northants had lost 8 wickets!
    The collapse did happen very quickly! Jade Dernbach really set the tone with the new ball!
  • Options
    Glosfan said:

Very late to this, just saw thread title. Grew up a Surrey fan, my favourite player when a kid was John Edrich, who looking back now probably wasn't the most exciting choice! My parents are cricket nuts, and Middlesex fans, so spent many happy days as a child getting the train from Bucks up to London and watching a days cricket at Lords. In Gloucester now, so support both teams, Surrey looking stronger this year, hoping they have uncovered a couple of gems in the Curran brothers!

Agreed! The Curran brothers are a great find! As are Dunn and Burke. We need to be careful not to over use them so as to avoid injuries.
  • Options
    This thread has got the memories flowing... I remember seeing Younis Ahmed as a kid, they had a great team then, Edrich, Arnold, Howarth, Roope, and again later when they had the likes of the Hollioake brothers, Thorpe, Ali Brown, Ward, Stewart and the Bicknell brothers. That was certainly a great time to be a Surrey fan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glosfan said:

This thread has got the memories flowing... I remember seeing Younis Ahmed as a kid, they had a great team then, Edrich, Arnold, Howarth, Roope, and again later when they had the likes of the Hollioake brothers, Thorpe, Ali Brown, Ward, Stewart and the Bicknell brothers. That was certainly a great time to be a Surrey fan!

That sure was a great team! My dad always raves about the Hollioake/Brown team! It must have been strong as a young Micheal Carberry couldn't break through!
  • Options
    Quarter final against Kent today.. expect there will be more traffic on the Kent thread!

Sanga is back so expect a strong team.. I am working so any updates will be appreciated! Come on the Rey!!
  • Options
    Canters - i'll try to keep some updates coming.
    Is it on Sky - I assume it is.
  • Options
    Cheers mate! It is on sky we have it on record!
  • Options
    Nicked from OneLung on the Kent thread....

Surrey won the toss and bat

95-2 off fo 20 overs.

Roy 57 not out
    Sangakarra out for 15
  • Options
    Latest.
  • Options
    198-4 off 37 - Roy out for 112
  • Options
    245-6 46 overs
  • Options
    Kent 49-5 off 13.2
    Easy.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates... got home to realise to my dismay that it wasn't on sky!!! I am listening to the commentary and enjoying it a lot! Come on the rey!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ansari just bowled a 9 ball over that went for 19 - and he's with the England squad !!!!!
  • Options

Ansari just bowled a 9 ball over that went for 19 - and he's with the England squad !!!!!

Which contained 8 wides !!!!!!!
  • Options

Which contained 8 wides !!!!!!!
    Oh dear that is poor! Especially by Zaf's usual standards perhaps his hamstring is still bothering him!
  • Options
    When will Darren Stevens retire! He always does well against us!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    9 down. nearly over.
    semi to be played on a Monday !! (7th sep)
  • Options
    really concerned about number of extras given away
  • Options

really concerned about number of extras given away

And the number of sixes by coles..
  • Options
    This is ridiculous! If we lose this...
  • Options
    brilliant hundred - cant deny.
    just cant see how he keeps getting a run off last ball of over every time.
  • Options
    phew - Coles out.