Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Never in doubt!!
  • Options

brilliant hundred - cant deny.
    just cant see how he keeps getting a run off last ball of over every time.

Yes, I was loving it, but Surrey did seem to be making it easy for him to keep the strike at the end of each over.

Impressed by the Currans, they were your best bowlers
  • Options
    Better team won. If Coles had had some help from the better batsmen, who knows. Ah well, next season maybe....
  • Options
    Well done to Surrey they was the better side had a good day , my son loved the rain break gave him a chance to go in the nets under the stands , good luck in the semis .
  • Options
    Those Curran boys are pretty special. I was at the Kent CC2 game when Sam got a 5 wicket haul on his debut. When he returned to Fine Leg and took his cap off to acknowledge the applause from the members, we all cracked up laughing. He looks like he has wandered along from the U14s.
  • Options
    Absolutely Sam is a great talent and has huge potential. But you'd be wrong to underestimate tom. At the beginning of the season I thought he would be a fourth seamer bat a bit type player! Turns out he has led the attack brilliantly and picked up over 50 first class wickets so far this year!
  • Options
    Oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to suffer watching First Division CC Cricket next season. I'd better get that membership renewal form in the post.

I hope we are looking to spend that £1.6 mill earned from the T20 Blast on strengthening the squad. There are some decent players in Division 2 worth signing, who would no doubt want to step up to the higher level.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to suffer watching First Division CC Cricket next season. I'd better get that membership renewal form in the post.

I hope we are looking to spend that £1.6 mill earned from the T20 Blast on strengthening the squad. There are some decent players in Division 2 worth signing, who would no doubt want to step up to the higher level.

Billings ?
  • Options
    £1.6 mil ?
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Billings ?
    Surrey need more wicketkeepers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Billings ?
    Need more batsmen !
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Billings ?
    Need more batsmen !
    On the contrary I think we are fairly strong on batsman although one or two additions depending on who we get as an overseas player (I'm led to believe that sanga has another year on his contract) I think with batty and ansari we have spinners wrapped up! Although I wouldn't mind a young one coming through... but with tremlett retiring, Linley and Meaker out of favour and looking likely to leave, Balcombe having a torrid time in the two's. Sam Curran will miss most of the season for school and the jury still out on Burke. That leaves Tom Curran, dernbach and Dunn. I do think think that's enough or good enough to last the whole season.. could do with a quick in my view!
  • Options
    Meaker to leave ?
  • Options

Meaker to leave ?

Been reported a lot! Out of favour here for some reason. Has hardly played although I didn't think know he was bad when he did play! Reported he was to move to pastures new to play more first team games and regain for.
  • Options
    What a way to seal promotion, with a hattrick from Gareth Batty!
  • Options
    It certainly seemed at the beginning of the season that Surrey were lacking in the pace bowling department with injuries to Dernbach, Meaker and Dunne, but the way the Curran boys have come on is fantastic and Burke has also been useful and I reckon that another front-line bowler is the main acquisition needed. The batting line-up is good and with Harinath and Sibley as back-up there's strength in depth.

Let's see if Surrey can take Division One by storm next year.
  • Options
    Great to see Surrey back where they belong. Sad to read of the potential demise of Meaker, it is only a few years ago he was being talked up as the next big thing...over coaching perhaps? Hope the same does not happen to the Currans, both great talents, will be interesting to see how they get on next year in the top division.
  • Options
    TBH, a club like Surrey shouldnt be in Div 2 - probably the biggest club in the land financially- we should be challenging for titles .
  • Options
    Think I read Linley has signed a pre contract with Essex and Meaker will be following him out the door soon too.
    It's a shame about Meaker as I think on his day he is better than Jade.
    A massive well done to the whole back room staff and players and now we have a building job to do, would like to see another opener come in
  • Options
    Sangakkara showing why he is the classiest acts currently playing county cricket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meanwhile, another class act in his time, Vikram Solanki, announces his retirement.
  • Options
    Just watching Sam Curran bowl live for the first time, as will most of the public be. Really good bowling.

Three balls bowled and he's already on a hat trick.
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Billings ?
    Need more batsmen !
    Yeah. Go for Bell-Drummond and Billings.
  • Options
    Yep. Surreys top five today are all wicket keepers, Billings is just what we need.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Billings ?
    Need more batsmen !
    Yeah. Go for Bell-Drummond and Billings.
    How would you feel if Palace secured the signings of JBG and Watt. Now behave yourselves Surrey fans :-(
  • Options
    Great game.

One thing Surrey might consider doing is to give the gloves to Foakes. Thought Wilson's keeping was poor and might have cost them the match in the end.
  • Options

Great game.

One thing Surrey might consider doing is to give the gloves to Foakes. Thought Wilson's keeping was poor and might have cost them the match in the end.

I've seen Wilson keep well but yesterday wasn't one of his better games, so agree about Foakes. Was going to go to bed about 11:30 but ended up staying up until 1am until the game was over. Very good death bowling by Dernbach and Tom Curran. New app with Sky Sports coming in very useful over here!
  • Options

Great game.

I've seen Wilson keep well but yesterday wasn't one of his better games, so agree about Foakes. Was going to go to bed about 11:30 but ended up staying up until 1am until the game was over. Very good death bowling by Dernbach and Tom Curran. New app with Sky Sports coming in very useful over here!
    The trouble is Foakes hasn't really cemented his place in the team in any format... whereas Wilson is a cert in every format. And will keep in the games when Foakes isn't playing so why change it just because foakes comes in when Roy is with England??

I do agree he is the better keeper!
  • Options

Great game.

The trouble is Foakes hasn't really cemented his place in the team in any format... whereas Wilson is a cert in every format. And will keep in the games when Foakes isn't playing so why change it just because foakes comes in when Roy is with England??

I do agree he is the better keeper!
    Piss off.

Whoops, wrong thread. As you were.

:-)
  • Options
    What a great game and an excellent season this is turning out to be