Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Interesting interview that

There's still a side of me that thinks that it's a waste of his talents to give cricket up so young, it's not as if he had something specific to do instead, and if he wasn't called up for England he'd have all winter to do other stuff anyway
  • Interesting interview that

There's still a side of me that thinks that it's a waste of his talents to give cricket up so young, it's not as if he had something specific to do instead, and if he wasn't called up for England he'd have all winter to do other stuff anyway

I agree with you when so many of us would kill just to have the chance. But I can see why of your heart is not longer in it, the daily effort would quickly become a chore. And of you aren't enjoying it you will never be at your best.

Good luck to him.
  • Sangakkara has his century, and in the process has passed 1,000 runs this season. What a bloke.

415-6
  • Sangakkara has his century, and in the process has passed 1,000 runs this season. What a bloke.

415-6

Wow. And he seems to be motoring at the moment.

415-6

Very hard to think of an overseas player who i would rather have tbh
  • 150 for Sangakkara

472-6 - we're scoring quickly.
  • T Curran c Patterson b Bresnan 44

516-7, and we've declared. Sangakkara finishes on 180 not out off 183 balls.
  • Sangakkara took just 28 balls to go from 100 to 150...
  • I read on Twitter that when Sanga and TC reached their 140 run partnership TC only scored 35 of them!!

What an innings for him to stand at the other end and watch.
  • Lyth lbw b S Curran 8

11-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Lyth lbw b S Curran 8

11-1

Here we go
  • edited June 2017
    Off for rain, so they'll take an early dinner.

27-1
  • Still raining... bloody Yorkshire.
  • And play has been abandoned for the day.
  • thanks Epsom.
    what a season for Sanga.!
  • Constant rain at Headingley, so play has already been abandoned for the day.
  • Typical Leeds
  • The match has been abandoned - the bowlers' run-ups are still wet, with no realistic prospect of drying out in time. We take 10 points from the game.
  • updated table for you.

1 Essex 7 4 0 3 16 19 114
    2 Lancashire 7 3 1 3 18 19 100
    3 Yorkshire 8 3 2 3 13 20 96
    4 Hampshire 7 3 2 2 13 16 87
  • Typical Yorkshire weather.
    And to think last week we had a thread on how to cope with the heat: )
  • Sponsored links:

• Today's the day! I'm playing cricket so won't be able to follow much. Any updates appreciated will be good to read people's thoughts as it happened.

Come on the rey! Let's make it 3rd time lucky!
  • We announced a squad of 14 yesterday. I expect us to line up

Roy
    Stoneman
    Sanga
    Borthwick
    Foakes
    Pope
    Sam
    Tom
    Batty
    Rampaul
    Dernbach

Meaker/Sibley to miss out and it's a shootout between Borthwick Burns and Pope. Borthwick is 6th bowler so will play. Between burns and Pope for the last spot. I'd go pope as he's been much better in this format this year. They may stick with the experience of Burns.

Notts have a very strong tea. Including Hales Broad and Samit Patel in the form of his life. Gonna be tough to beat them.
  • Roy dropped first ball
  • 55-0 after 6.3, boundaries all over the shop.
  • Stoneman the other opener dropped now too.
  • 74 for 0 after 10 overs.
    Let's hope the dropped catches prove costly
  • 83 for 1.
    Roy the man out
  • 50 up for Stoneman of 46 balls.
    What a season he's having.
  • 100 up after 15 overs