Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Feckin hell !

What have I done ??????
  • It's gone very quiet over here.....

:neutral:

That's enough.
    Macros 3 pm next Saturday

That's enough.
    I just got you Read's wicket !

That's enough.
    I just got you Read's wicket !
    Thanks for that: )
  • Always nice to have a comment from a supporter of a team that hasn't made a final since Mike Denness.
  • Always nice to have a comment from a supporter of a team that hasn't made a final since Mike Denness.

Oooh, sarcasm now !

Don't be a sore loser, Pres.
  • Tbh id like to see Hales get his double century - it's been an astonishing innings .
  • Surrey and Charlton whhhhyyyyy
  • Good final to watch for a neutral...well, sort of neutral.

Two magnificent innings from two young openers.

England would benefit from their partnership in the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boycott highest score in a final at Lords since 1965 and it almost gets beat twice in the same match.
    Gutted for Stoneman and Surrey but well done Hales pure quality.
  • One of those days when you just take your hat off and say well done . Stupendous innings by Hales - nice that it's an innings from an England player and not an import - well done 'Derek' and Notts.
    Good game of cricket.
  • Trying to remember which clot said that they'd drop Hales from all England teams recently. One of my clubmates I think
  • Good game.

An absolutely brilliant innings from Hales and I thought Read batted superbly as well.
  • Boycott highest score in a final at Lords since 1965 and it almost gets beat twice in the same match.
    Gutted for Stoneman and Surrey but well done Hales pure quality.

It's a shame in some ways to see the record broken as there was something surreal at seeing Boycott having the highest score in a limited overs final!

But then Boycott could play a few shots when he had to
  • l'll have to write to Alec Stewart to ask him not to qualify for these finals, they are no good for the my well being. That's 9 I've been to at Lords since 1974, and seen only 3 wins. We have become serial chockers.

Everyone in my area knew dropping Hales on 9, was gonna hurt, and in the end it cost us the match. I know Notts dropped two dollies as well, but all that fielding practice they do before the game and it's all down to taking your catches in the game, and straight-forward catches are fluffed. A bit like practising Penalty shoot-outs.

Had a £50 seat in the Grandstand. Loads of empty seats, so you could sit anywhere. It always amazes me how the British public sit squashed up together when there is loads of space to spread out. I wouldn't fancy sitting in there in a full house, its cramped. One couple had a hamper that was too wide for the seat! They looked like Middlesex fans, so must have known better.

Travelling on the Bakerloo to Warwick Avenue worked a treat as always. No queues, no plastic Notts fans and a nice 10 minute walk through the posh part of town.

Oh well, there's always the T20 on Sunday next to look forward to.
  • Surrey's trophy cabinet has been pretty bare this century. Since I've been in Phuket (2004) we've won precisely one 40 over competition and a couple of second division championships, which don't count as the fact we were in the second division underlines the disappointing state of the club.

Surrey are the Arsenal of cricket, always underperforming despite being one of the richest clubs in existence. We do occasionally change manager though!

With the lineup at our disposal, Surrey should do well in the T20 but I can't say I expect anything other than more disappointment.
  • One thing that sprung to mind yesterday when looking at the teamsheet was how threadbare the middle order looked on paper - and so it proved on their performance. Whilst the top 3 are international class, the likes of Borthwick,Foakes and Pope doesnt instil much confidence.
  • One thing that sprung to mind yesterday when looking at the teamsheet was how threadbare the middle order looked on paper - and so it proved on their performance. Whilst the top 3 are international class, the likes of Borthwick,Foakes and Pope doesnt instil much confidence.

Foakes has been brilliant in this form of cricket this season! He averaged over 100 before yesterday.

Foakes has been exceptional this year. Pope has played some good innings and deserved to be selected ahead of Burns. Borthwick plays because he is sixth bowler.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    Was busy playing cricket yesterday (and taking a 5fer) so could only follow the game at points. Flicked through the match as I recorded it and have watched some highlights.

I'm glad I wasn't there as I don't think I could handle 3 in a row. Before the game I commented on how strong Notts were but I think we matched them in most areas. The difference was Hales exceptional innings and Reed showing his experience to stick with him long enough to take the game away from us.

We got a competitive total, especially given we had a bit of a collapse. Dropping Hales was costly but I don't blame Pope. He's been exceptional in the field in the games I've seen and really committed. Both Batty and Pope were in tears after the game. Reckon batty knew it was his last chance to win a lords final.
  • yep, unfortunately the collapse prob cost us 20/30 runs.
  • Surrey v Hampshire at The Oval today.

Team: Batty, Borthwick, Burns, S. Curran, T. Curran, Foakes, Meaker, Roy, Sibley, Stoneman, Virdi
  • Ignore that last post, this is the team:

Borthwick, Burns*, S. Curran, T. Curran, Foakes, Footitt, McKerr, Roy, Sibley, Stoneman, Virdi
  • Hampshire win the toss and bat.
  • (Sangakkara is missing due to a split webbing in his hand, by the way).
  • McManus b S Curran 13

41-1
  • Rossouw c Borthwick b T Curran 28

72-2
  • 78-2 at lunch.
  • 50 for Vince

155-2