Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Uruguay

Comments

• Options
    Well the fa can save on hotel rooms.
  • Options

I said it against Italy I have said it for ages Steven Gerrard is only interested in Liverpool

All those who wanted to see Liverpool win the league for Steven Gerrard this is his repayment

The most operated midfielder of a generation only performs for Liverpool

All those who cane rooney and said he offered nothing against Italy I gave you the abject performance of Gerrard and was told no way was he worse than rooney

Gerrard so focused on keeping Liverpool s title dream alive fails to deal with Suarez and even sets him up with a goal

I don't think it's about whether he's interested or not. He's not good enough. He wasn't good enough for Liverpool last season either. Simple.
  • Options

Feel less bothered by this than any other failure in England World Cup history. We are just a poor team full of poor players. End of.

Thought we played well the other night.

Froze tonight though.

• Options

Eurgh, anyone but Suarez.

Yeah the racist

• Options
    MSE7 said:

Jagelka is dreadful

How can this muppet wear the england number 6 shirt.
  • Options
    TBH, we were the only team who was gonna win it after we equalised. How the hell do we always get the shite refs and zero luck.
  • Options
    what a load of old shit. One game too many for Gerrard. At fault for both goals and didn't do much else. Can't see us getting much against a side that thumped Uruguay too. Awful.
  • Options
    Too many average players who think they are world class. Gerrard should retire from international football and take Johnson with him. Not good enough all round tonite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to say that Spain suffered for sticking with out of form stars of yesteryear, and tonight, Gerrard was exactly that. Time for the youngsters.
  • Options
    Pathetic. Simply not good enough. So many teams have shown us up this world cup how to play football and work as a team. Fifa World ranking 10th? Your having a laugh!
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

MSE7 said:

Jagelka is dreadful

How can this muppet wear the england number 6 shirt.
    Wouldnt mind betting that Gomez takes that jersey for next WC.
  • Options
    We are so average. Not moaning just a fact, And can the marketing men now lay off the 'Rooney is world class' bollocks.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We are a mediocre side with no world class players and we've been beaten by a single goal by two mediocre sides with one world class player each.

Simples.
  • Options
    Uruguay wanted it more. They never gave England an inch of space anywhere on the pitch. Sadly England are a very poor team who got exactly what they deserved: absolutely nothing. Years of Premiership greed have come home to roost.
  • Options
    as said they never fail to disappoint-------Gerrad has he ever played that bad for the hub cap stealer's ?

a draw was all we may have deserved but not even sure about that.
  • Options

I think we'll win. Suarez doesn't look like he's anywhere near being fit otherwise he'd have started the first game.

2-1 England

Great prediction by me...
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited June 2014
    Watching us in the last 5 mins reminded me so much of Charlton, horrible over hit crosses and pony long shots. Well short in quality tonight. Rebuilding for 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014

I have to say that Spain suffered for sticking with out of form stars of yesteryear, and tonight, Gerrard was exactly that. Time for the youngsters.

We've been saying exactly that for 50 years. Until we can teach our youngsters to love being in possession of a football instead of being afraid of it we are doomed to this loop of World Cup embarrassment.

• Options
    of course, we are still in it. italy win twice. we hammer costa rica.... or maybe not
  • Options
    School boy errors....
  • Options

I was more gutted when Charlton lost to Barnsley.

Me too but then I've always insisted that I'd take Charlton getting a point over England winning the World Cup.

Feel less bothered by this than any other failure in England World Cup history. We are just a poor team full of poor players. End of.

And that's why I always go into these tournaments with zero expectation and then I'm never disappointed. It's worked all my life, can't see it changing in the rest of my lifetime.

• Options
    This is as furious as I've been watching an England game.
    The decision making of our players, the lack of ideas, the poor finishing, the poor defending for both goals, the fact that that fucking horrible little prick got the Uruguay goals and his fucking bawling after both of them, the ref who bottled the sending off, Steven Fucking Gerrard making a crucial mistake AGAIN, etc etc etc.
    No enjoyment watching that game at all. None.
    Pissed. Off.
  • Options
    We are a million miles away from being good enough to get to even the semis, let alone win the bloody thing. I was 10 going on 11 when we won in 1966 and little did I think it would be more than 5o years at least before it happened again. What a sodding let down.
  • Options
    The least gutted I've been at a potential England exit. Thought we would go on to win after Rooney's equaliser. Hey ho.
  • Options
    Thank god that's over.
    Overrated overpaid footballers.
    I can't bear it any longer.
    Bring on the youth
  • Options
    Is it too soon to use the phrase "52 years of pain"?
  • Options
    Suarez is a distasteful character for many reasons.

Tonight though you saw a man still recovering from injury determined to give his all for his country and he did just that and pretty much was the difference between the two teams.

Too many key English players lack that kind of motivation when playing for their country.