Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Uruguay

Comments

• Options
    I've barely got to watch any football over the last week, and now it's over before it's even really started for me. Absolutely gutted.

Listening to radio, all Hodgson's fault blah blah as if he picked a team of non league players all out of position.
  • Options
    You only get 20 world cups on average if your lucky that's my 10 thanks stevie g
  • Options
    Sadly we needed Ferdinand and Terry out there - and that wasn't going to happen!!!!
  • Options

My expectation in this world cup was zero I wanted to see

Ox barkley sturridge sterling Henderson shaw all play

So I didnt care about the world cup for us I just wanted to enjoy the festival of footie

But what has grated me is the people who have ranted and raved called for rooney to be dropped called him shit and useless

Once again the media the radio media the social medium idiots who jump on the band wagon of ruining players with true talent and making them question their own ability in the middle of a tournament,where the only consideration for the player Should be his play, his own game and ability not questioning his right to be there

This year It was rooney again and this time atleast Wayne answers with a fuck you

A brilliant setup for sturridge and a goal whilst the media darling of the plucky bin dipping cnuts put in a piss poor performance and an even worse captains performance in both games andvyetvwas willing to allow the focus to be on Wayne

I am glad it happened how it did I am glad he finally got found out now hopefully the armband will move to rooney and the young guns can look towards the only talisman we have left

Do you reckon being slaughtered in the media effects the likes of Balotelli, Suarez,ronaldo and the like?
    They do and it doesn't. Rooney has been put on a pedastal that is far to big for him.

• Options
    The only mistake Roy made was his skipper choice
  • Options
    Rooney was far from at his best but also far from being culpable for that defeat. I thought he did alright tonight.
  • Options

worst captain in my lifetime

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Rooney was our best player tonight. I agree he wasn't at his best , but he tries to do positive things with the ball all the time - he doesn't hide. If England wants to slag off the only decent player it has - well ciao - I give up on this crap country that knows f all about football!
  • Options
    Rooney has not deserved any of his criticism his record for England scoring goals is brilliant the English Way to build them up and knock them down

It affects ballotelli but the likes of Suarez nothing would phase them
  • Options
    Gerrard has had a bad few months, he is now a holding midfielder and his reputation is what gets him a game. I imagine he'll retire from international football after the World Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gerrard has had a bad few months, he is now a holding midfielder and his reputation is what gets him a game. I imagine he'll retire from international football after the World Cup.

fingers crossed he does im sick of his bullshit press conferences and then he hides during a big game, he should fuck off now if he has any manners

• Options

And picking Henderson. And playing Sturridge on his own, a player who thrives with a partner. And leaving Lambert, Lallana, Barkley and Wilshere on the bench. And persisting with Welbeck.
  • Options

Here's hoping.
  • Options
    Rio Ferdinand sitting in a studio in Brazil while we watch replays of Jagielka.
  • Options
    Uruguay were not great either - the winner of the cup won't be coming from our group.
  • Options
    England are the victims of their own media hype. Rooneys goal was hardly worth the wait . Crap defenders and more worrying for me is that some of the defenders on the bench are utter crap. Luke Shaw being the only glimmer of hope. But ultimately they are all seriously overrated.
    Losing two games to two teams who didn't play very well sums England up. If those teams played really well then England may have been embarrassed. Nothing is guaranteed against Costa Rica.
  • Options
    Luke Shaw is overrated too though.
  • Options
    The calls for dropping the old guard was there after the last tournament

Rio frank terry Cole suffered

Now I woukdve took terry and Cole and left Rio and frank at home

Henderson was not at fault he was left to hide in the shadow of Gerrard

Sterling
    Sturridge
    Lalana
    Barkley
    Ox
    Rooney
    Henderson
    Shaw
    Hart
    Theo
    Cahill

Should all be in the next team
  • Options
    Jagielka played like a schoolboy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The calls for dropping the old guard was there after the last tournament

Rio frank terry Cole suffered

Now I woukdve took terry and Cole and left Rio and frank at home

Henderson was not at fault he was left to hide in the shadow of Gerrard

Sterling
    Sturridge
    Lalana
    Barkley
    Ox
    Rooney
    Henderson
    Shaw
    Hart
    Theo
    Cahill

Should all be in the next team

Wilshere, Clyne and Rodriguez too.
  • Options
    Wiltshit is as over rated as Gerrard

Clyne
    Rodriguez

Yep all in there
  • Options
    To be fair Italy and Uruguay are very good international teams. We did not have much hope but after being so aggressive against Italy why did we go back to playing like Capello was in charge? It must be the players surely? We cant always blame the manager coz he has picked a team most people would pick.
  • Options
    Charlie Austin will be in the next world cup
  • Options
    We played well...and lost. Last world cup we played bad and lost. So at least that's an improvement!
  • Options
    It worries me that we can still get through, just want it to be over now.
  • Options

Charlie Austin will be in the next world cup

How? Has he got Italian or German parents?

• Options
    I don't have any issue with how we played and the identity the team is trying to build

I never expected any less than failure at the group stage

I hoped and wanted more but I knew it wouldn't come
  • Options
    The aerial pass for Suarez's first goal was exquisite: it took out five England defenders, all within 15 yards. And both of his finishes were utterly superb.
  • Options
    A lot of attention has been put on our midfield and forwards, but for me a major factor is at the other end of the pitch. Joe Hart is a reasonable Prem level keeper, but he is not good enough at international level. Poor positioning, too slow to react, doesn't catch the ball often enough and a tendency to get himself caught off balance. Just look at that second goal tonight, he's trying so hard to spread himself wide that he completely forgets that you have to keep your height as well. Now you've had a look at it, take another look, this time in slow motion. He actually drops his shoulder. He was in the path of the ball and he moved out of the way - that is absolutely not good enough. Now, I know what people will say - if you don't pick Hart who do you pick? And this is a major problem. There's no easy answer to this, but if Hart is the answer then we were doomed before we began. We absolutely need to find someone else.

And another thing - if your company has made an hilarious advert where the England keeper is made to look a mug by looking the wrong way and missing a shot, don't expect to get any sales from me, especially when you don't have the sensitivity to pull it after Hapless Hart has let in another couple to let England down. And why is he in so many effin ads anyway? Joe, stop poncing around in front of the cameras and practice stopping some shots.