Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

23 June - Press Conference

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    razil said:

Peeters about Poyet "we have tried to contact him everyday"

(that don't sound great)

Have they tried Twitter ? :-)
    Seriously, I'd be round his house, he's still under contract, so I think that's fair enough.
  • Options
    oh dear, very bad sign, silence is not golden, diego, silly boy...soon to be prem bench warmer then...but do hope not...
  • Options
    razil said:

(that don't sound great)

Where does it say that? The quote I read said they have made him the offer of a contract and have stayed in touch since.
  • Options
    Seems Happy
  • Options

razil said:

(that don't sound great)

Have they tried Twitter ? :-)
    Seriously, I'd be round his house, he's still under contract, so I think that's fair enough.

This is it. Would Ferguson have waited to be contacted back by a player?
  • Options
    razil said:

(that don't sound great)

Really? It's not hard to get hold of someone is it.A very odd thing to say. I agree that does not sound great.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It doesn't read that we can't contact him - it says we try to keep in contact every day but we don't want to push him -i.e. they are sensitive to giving him some breathing space but without losing touch.
  • Options
    razil said:
    From the OS...

“We try to contact him every day but we don’t want to push him. We hope he’ll be there for training on Thursday”

Don't read it as a negative at all. Sounds like we are just trying to keep in touch with him without pushing him too much. I doubt very much he is just ignoring our calls or gone off the radar.
  • Options
    I hope that is not quite the case,as if Diego is not even getting back to the club or telling them if he intends to even turn up on Thursday then he goes in the Defoe category for me personally.

Hopefully it is just lost in translation, as i thought more of him then that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes I think there's a fair few translation issues throughout so best not to over react :)

will be pleased once the squad is settled, and some of the uncertainty is fixed

I guess the contrast between now and when CP/PV rebuilt the squad is that there was a relationship with the club/fans already in place and no network/overseas element to complicate, let's hope they can do as a great a job, perhaps better, and of course its a level higher.
  • Options

I hope that is not quite the case,as if Diego is not even getting back to the club or telling them if he intends to even turn up on Thursday then he goes in the Defoe category for me personally.

Hopefully it is just lost in translation, as i thought more of him then that.

As me & my friend used to say when we were 16, "Whatever else you lose (?) , don't lose hope ".

Very profound.

• Options
    Either way it seems DP is behaving a little spoilt
  • Options
    Shame this site's servers don't run on bluster and bombast, because then they would never fail us. The amount of rows on here is very entertaining.

• Options

Seems Happy

I seriously think that they have nicked that scarf from the Museum.

I expect a fecking large fee is all I can say.

• Options
    PL54 said:

Either way it seems DP is behaving a little spoilt

I'm not sure he is behaving a little spoilt. He has an offer from us (FACT) that I'm sure will be a big improvement on his existing soon to expire contract, we've been keeping in touch with him (FACT) and we are hopeful he will sign.

I'm not aware that Diego has been quoted anywhere either being positive or negative about the club or about the prospect of signing a new contract. He's been keeping his own counsel (and his old man no doubt) at what is a very important decision time in his fledgling career.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Seems Happy

What a shit quality scarf, another one of RD's cutbacks no doubt....
    £3 from Woolwich Market. Bargain.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Seems Happy

What a shit quality scarf, another one of RD's cutbacks no doubt....
    We're no longer Athletic...

ffs we're doomed.

:-)
  • Options
    I think the statement that worried me was, "I want to bring in up to 4 new players", so 11 go out and we bring in 4. Does that include Igor and Yoni, or 4 more after them. Whichever, it does not seem enough senior players, Joe Gomez (if signs) and Harry Lennon may be good, but are they ready? We still have 5 players we are waiting to sign contracts. If they all sign, we could have a squad of about 24 players, is that enough?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Seems Happy

I seriously think that they have nicked that scarf from the Museum.

I expect a fecking large fee is all I can say.

He is Millwall after all, what did you expect !
  • Options
    Very good point, @ross1.
  • Options
    Watched the press conference. I was impressed by his use of the phrase 'cup of tea' (he was talking about the length of his contract).
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I think the statement that worried me was, "I want to bring in up to 4 new players", so 11 go out and we bring in 4. Does that include Igor and Yoni, or 4 more after them. Whichever, it does not seem enough senior players, Joe Gomez (if signs) and Harry Lennon may be good, but are they ready? We still have 5 players we are waiting to sign contracts. If they all sign, we could have a squad of about 24 players, is that enough?

OK.

IF we played a pre season friendly tomorrow, how would our best possible 11 line up ?

• Options
    we have 23 players on contracts not counting Igor

plus DP, MM, RW, Osbourne and Muldoon whose status isn't decided.

So just enough bodies but not enough CHs and not enough experience IMO
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Greenie said:

I Like Bob Peeters hair cut, that is a mans barnet!

Yeah, you're only a real man if you're bald.

Agreed. Less hair more power.
    Try telling Samson that
    Diego, the modern Samson.
  • Options

Seems Happy

Our support's looking a bit thin on the ground.
  • Options

As me & my friend used to say when we were 16, "Whatever else you lose (?) , don't lose hope ".

Very profound.

If it got you through the dark days of the blitz Fanny, it was worth saying.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

ross1 said:

OK.

IF we played a pre season friendly tomorrow, how would our best possible 11 line up ?

On the basis that there are no fitness issues and that Moro, Diego and Wood are still under contact for another week;

Pope
    Solly
    Moro
    Lennon
    Wiggins
    Wilson
    Buyens
    JJ
    Poyet
    Harriott
    Reza

Subs from Phillips, Fox, Cousins, Church, Wood, Polish Pete, Cumberbatch (the lad released by Watford), Ansah, Piggott with Igor a done deal :-)

• Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

OK.

On the basis that there are no fitness issues and that Moro, Diego and Wood are still under contact for another week;

Pope
    Solly
    Moro
    Lennon
    Wiggins
    Wilson
    Buyens
    JJ
    Poyet
    Harriott
    Reza

Subs from Phillips, Fox, Cousins, Church, Wood, Polish Pete, Cumberbatch (the lad released by Watford), Ansah, Piggott with Igor a done deal :-)

Hard on him to fly back for our friendly and then have to play another world cup game : - )