Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brasil vs Germany

Comments

• Options

Yes, let's all laugh and gloat..but just hope it doesn't get more serious. The Brazilian goalie who was blamed for 1950 WC Final defeat had an awful life after - he described it as a 50 year life sentence, so please let's not be too flippant about what happened tonight. Look up Barbosa and then reflect on what this might mean for Fred, David Luiz, Oscar etc.

I'm quite sad about it all and found little to admire about ruthless Germans.

Completely different, the 1950 players returned to humiliation at home. The 2014 players will return to their European clubs and multi million contracts
    Well, yes, except they are all human beings...
    What happened to the 1950 Brazilians was nothing compared to what happened to Andres Escobar.
  • Options
    Could we now go back to attacking more worthy things, for example Sepp Blatter for giving the world cup to a country who clearly had higher priorities for spending that sort of money.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CAFCsayer said:

This is Genuinely a map of where Fred made touches on the ball tonight, brilliant!

Hotspot for the 8 kick-offs is quite funny.
  • Options

Could we now go back to attacking more worthy things, for example Sepp Blatter for giving the world cup to a country who clearly had higher priorities for spending that sort of money.

Surely, and I can't believe I am half defending Blatter, but the responsibility for this is the Brazillian FA and Government who decided they wanted to hold the WC in Brazil and spend the money where it was not needed.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why do people hate David Luiz? I think he's decent?

Oops
  • Options
    Doesn't come close to the humiliation of Millwall stuffing us 4-0 the other year.
  • Options
    Hey Phil, what's the score?

• Options
    Those of us who saw the Brazilians of Pele and co will not recognise the football which we watched last night, what the hell has happened ?
  • Options

The thing I admire most about Germany is they all play for the team, not for themselves. Through on goal with a 50/50 chance of scoring, or pass it to a team-mate who has an open goal? This unselfish style of play is what ripped the samba kings apart. Apart from the last goal by André Schürrle, the other 6 was simply down to a great team ethic..............

The spanish were also very similar in their recent dominance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hey Phil, what's the score?

Big Phil looks like he's smiling. I think someone asked him what score he had bet on!
  • Options
    Loving the opportunity to point and laugh at a team/country thats enjoyed a hell of a lot of good times and will probably comeback a lot stronger. As Charlton fans we laugh at other, more successful teams like Man United or Arsenal when they get spanked, so this is no different.

Plus this Brazilian team are very unlikable and I don't mind the Germans.
  • Options
    Thats got to be photoshopped.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I suspect Brazil wish they didn't have to play a 3rd/4th games - another performance like that could lead to the Netherlands or Argentina giving them a hammering.

Germany had it so easy at - they almost walked the ball in the net at times.
  • Options

I think Fred was booed earlier in the tournament as well. Surely they have better strikers than him.

But they've already tried Alfie, Harry, Bernie, Danny, Billy, Joe, Dave, Robbie, Eddie, Johnny, Joey, Andy etc etc

They're really aren't many left to to try.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Those of us who saw the Brazilians of Pele and co will not recognise the football which we watched last night, what the hell has happened ?

They've gone from the likes of Pele, to Ronaldo the 1st, then somehow gone all the way to... Fred. It's almost sad.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Wow

No chance is that real
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Following on from Fred's heat map, this is apparently the German one...

Edit...can't get it to attach :(
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights again, that 4th goal almost seems like bullying with how easily they score, can't believe how bad the defending was without Thiago Silva in the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies if this has been mentioned already but how is it possible that there was only one minute of added time in a first half with 5 goals?
  • Options

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but how is it possible that there was only one minute of added time in a first half with 5 goals?

Pity from the Ref.
  • Options

The thing I admire most about Germany is they all play for the team, not for themselves. Through on goal with a 50/50 chance of scoring, or pass it to a team-mate who has an open goal? This unselfish style of play is what ripped the samba kings apart. Apart from the last goal by André Schürrle, the other 6 was simply down to a great team ethic..............

i agree with this although it has also to be said that the other thing to like about the Germans is that apparently none of their most intelligent,sophisticated and key players appear to have any low IQ type tattoos on any part of their bodies .Ozil and Boetang as exceptions do not appear however to be either particularly intelligent or really key and could be replaced .The England team selectors could well do with looking initially at this simple and straightforward issue quite apart from all the other changes that need to be made .

• Options
    ashley said:

i agree with this although it has also to be said that the other thing to like about the Germans is that apparently none of their most intelligent,sophisticated and key players appear to have any low IQ type tattoos on any part of their bodies .Ozil and Boetang as exceptions do not appear however to be either particularly intelligent or really key and could be replaced .The England team selectors could well do with looking initially at this simple and straightforward issue quite apart from all the other changes that need to be made .

Yep, the disparity in low IQ type tattoos stood out to me as the difference between the two teams yesterday as well. Get on it Hodgson.
  • Options
    ashley said:

Fantastic.
  • Options
    ashley said:

on a wind-up
  • Options
    what's a "low IQ tattoo"?

and how do you know the whole team's private parts are not emblazoned with tattoos?
  • Options
    Low IQ tattoos ?? Is that all tattoos or did you have something in mind ?
  • Options
  • Options
    How about this?