Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v India Test Series

Comments

• India 10-2 after 6 overs
  • I've got tickets for Tuesday... Might not make it to the fifth day at this rate! Broad and Anderson swinging all over the place right now
  • edited August 2014
    26-3 Jordan's got Kohli lbw
  • 28-4 Rahane out for 0 c & b Jordan
  • and another one..... we're supposed to be going on Sunday.
    bit of rain tomorrow and we should see a bit of action!
  • edited August 2014
    36-5 Vijay gone a wicket for Woakes. c Root b Woakes 18
  • LenGlover said:

36-5 Vijay gone a wicket finally for Woakes.

This is laughable.
  • Got tickets for tomorrow. Might see an innings victory and STILL have time to get to the Valley
  • I've got tickets for Tuesday... Might not make it to the fifth day at this rate! Broad and Anderson swinging all over the place right now

I'd be worried if I had 4th day tickets...
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm at the game today. Will be over in 3 days at this rate!!
  • 68-7 Ashwin out c Root b Woakes
    Can we get them out for less than 100?
    Can we make them follow-on before we bat ?!!!!
  • What's the cricket version of "You're worse than Crystal Palace"?
  • MrOneLung said:

SurreyKent

FTFY

• MrOneLung said:

SurreyKent

FTFY

Raiders !!!
  • edited August 2014
    Jordan seems to have the great habit of getting a wicket off some real filth.
  • Had a ticket for today's game but had to give it up due to work. At least I didn't miss any action
  • Sponsored links:

• Had a ticket for today's game but had to give it up due to work. At least I didn't miss any action

The Indian batsmen weren't able to make it either, and sent some imposters
  • I know that India are 100-9, but cant help but feel that Cook is letting them off the hook a little by continuing to bowl Woakes and Jordan when he could/should have brought Jimmy and Broady on to clean up the tail - prob given them 25 runs extra so far
    #letshaveadigatcooktime
  • 125-9 at tea

Dhoni 65*
  • I know that India are 100-9, but cant help but feel that Cook is letting them off the hook a little by continuing to bowl Woakes and Jordan when he could/should have brought Jimmy and Broady on to clean up the tail - prob given them 25 runs extra so far
    #letshaveadigatcooktime

India 148 all out - Dhoni c Woakes b BROAD
    Its so easy Cook, so easy - you've just wasted 50 odd runs by poncing about with Jordan and Woakes.
    #letshaveadigatcooktime

Its so easy Cook, so easy - you've just wasted 50 odd runs by poncing about with Jordan and Woakes.
    I see where you are coming from but Jimmy bowled 17 overs and Stuart bowled 15.1 overs which is a reasonable days work. They can't bowl all the time.

Jordan and Woakes picked up 3 apiece too so weren't bowling badly presumably.

I think Cook was damned whichever way he went with his bowling changes. The bigger picture is we've bowled them out for under 150 and Cook had the guts to make the decision to put them in, something test captains don't do more often than not.
  • edited August 2014
    LenGlover said:

I know that India are 100-9, but cant help but feel that Cook is letting them off the hook a little by continuing to bowl Woakes and Jordan when he could/should have brought Jimmy and Broady on to clean up the tail - prob given them 25 runs extra so far
    #letshaveadigatcooktime

I see where you are coming from but Jimmy bowled 17 overs and Stuart bowled 15.1 overs which is a reasonable days work. They can't bowl all the time.

Jordan and Woakes picked up 3 apiece too so weren't bowling badly presumably.

I think Cook was damned whichever way he went with his bowling changes. The bigger picture is we've bowled them out for under 150 and Cook had the guts to make the decision to put them in, something test captains don't do more often than not.
    Len, you're missing the point. Cook had India by the jugular at 79 for 8 , but then he decides to bowl Jordan and Woakes for about 10 overs nonstop, by which time India had re-grouped and got to circa 130-9 with Dhoni starting to dictate.
    At that point in time(79-8), Jimmy and Broad had bowled about 13 overs each - now, 13 overs is a small work-load for a Test match bowler (if you think they should bowl 90 overs a day, then you would sortta expect your main bowler to have bowled circa 20+ overs by end of day)
    Yes, Jordan and Woakes picked up 3 wickets apiece, but they looked so ineffective against Dhoni, and also Jordan picked up a wicket from probably the worst ball of the day! - and their bowling was erratic to say the least.
    What i'm getting at, is that Cook has no concept of pushing home an advantage - its simply not in his psyche - there are so many instances of this through his period as Captain.
    So, what happens if we are all out for 140, and then to go on to lose by less than 50 ?
    Its simply unacceptable at this level to not press home your advantage- because most teams will punish you.
  • Yeah, Cook, you're rubbish. What do you know about anything?

OK, so you're England's best batsman; you've been scoring centuries against India since 2006; you've scored more Test runs than anyone else that has played since you made your debut; and more centuries than anyone; you've turned this series round so that, what many people were saying would be a losing series, now looks nailed-on as a win; and you have won more Tests as captain than you have lost...

...and you took the decision to field, (at The Oval!) when winning the toss; stuck with Robson (not out), Woakes (3 wickets) and Jordan (3 wickets) when lots of people were saying they should be replaced...

...and your fielding decisions (like having Bell, close in, with a helmet, at fourth slip) have been really clever...

...but - and this is obviously the only important thing - you kept Woakes on to try and tried to let him get a fourth wicket.

So, yeah, you're rubbish, Cook.
  • Chizz said:

Yeah, Cook, you're rubbish. What do you know about anything?

OK, so you're England's best batsman; you've been scoring centuries against India since 2006; you've scored more Test runs than anyone else that has played since you made your debut; and more centuries than anyone; you've turned this series round so that, what many people were saying would be a losing series, now looks nailed-on as a win; and you have won more Tests as captain than you have lost...

...and you took the decision to field, (at The Oval!) when winning the toss; stuck with Robson (not out), Woakes (3 wickets) and Jordan (3 wickets) when lots of people were saying they should be replaced...

...and your fielding decisions (like having Bell, close in, with a helmet, at fourth slip) have been really clever...

...but - and this is obviously the only important thing - you kept Woakes on to try and tried to let him get a fourth wicket.

yes, you are a rubbish captain !! - just because they've won 2 Tests against a team who have played the worst i've possibly seen from a Test playing nation desnt suddenly make you a good captain!!!
    Yes, kept Woakes on to try to get another wicket, but failed ! - so, is that good captaincy?

Yes, Cook , you are a very good batsman.But you are a rubbish captain.

Oh, and by the way, it was Root at 4th slip/gully with the helmet on.
  • Chizz said:

yes, you are a rubbish captain !! - just because they've won 2 Tests against a team who have played the worst i've possibly seen from a Test playing nation desnt suddenly make you a good captain!!!
    Yes, kept Woakes on to try to get another wicket, but failed ! - so, is that good captaincy?

England bowled India out for 148 and are 62-0. The weather is set fair. What end-of-play scoreline would have satisfied you?
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

England bowled India out for 148 and are 62-0. The weather is set fair. What end-of-play scoreline would have satisfied you?
    Thats not the point. The point is that he had them on the ropes at 79-8, and let them get to 140something by making some odd decisions.

When you have your foot on the throat, dont let off.

Try doing that to Oz next year or South Africa next Winter.