Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This storm

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

27 degrees up here in North Yorkshire! Whoop whoop!

It's heading your way mate, close all the windows :-)
    Do they have windows up north?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    1StevieG said:

RedChaser said:

27 degrees up here in North Yorkshire! Whoop whoop!

It's heading your way mate, close all the windows :-)
    Do they have windows up north?

Plus an outdoor lav.
  • Options
    South West trains buggered all afternoon and evening c/o a lightening strike on a signal box in Surbiton
  • Options
    Nicely lit clouds to the west at the mo.
  • Options
    Can I just state that I have NEVER lived in a house with an outside toilet. Nor owned a whippet (though did keep fan-tailed pigeons when a nipper). I have however sweated a lot today, been glorious. No storms round my way.
  • Options
    wow !! massive thunder & lightening storm just hit Swanley. Torrential rain & very load thunder.

God p**sed at the Scots !!!
  • Options
    right over me in Dartford now. sky signal jusy failed
  • Options
    Was mental here in Essex. Almost sounded like two storms having a battle against each other. .
  • Options
    Lightning strike in Slade Green which is affecting the Bexleyheath Line.
  • Options
    I have never heard thunder as loud as the clap that awoke me in the early hours !

First thought was " Did Mr F have baked beans last night ? "
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had the kids awake pretty much from 2 onwards. Working late tonight and all day tomorrow so couldn't have timed a no-sleep night worse !
  • Options
    I'm as heavy a sleeper as they come, but that thunder strike nearly made me leap out of bed.
  • Options
    Mental in Southend at the moment, thunder storm in the fog. Weird.
  • Options
    Never seen rain like it.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Never seen rain like it.

Where
  • Options

Stig said:

Never seen rain like it.

Where
    On the stair

• Options
    Right there
  • Options

Stig said:

Never seen rain like it.

Where
    Southend
  • Options
    You should have said....
  • Options
    Good storm going on. Lots of Lightning Romford way.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Takes me 90 seconds to walk from the bus stop to my front door after the pub. As I stepped off the bus tonight the rain became biblical. Drowned rat. Clothes and trainers are drenched.
  • Options
    Lots of lightning above North London, no thunder or rain yet
  • Options

Takes me 90 seconds to walk from the bus stop to my front door after the pub. As I stepped off the bus tonight the rain became biblical. Drowned rat. Clothes and trainers are drenched.

Exact same just happened to me. Was fine when I got off bus, then 5 seconds later it was mental.

Currently sat in my flat whilst a crazy thunder and lightening storm rages overhead.
  • Options
    All kicking off in Sidcup
  • Options
    Can't remember a storm with such frequent lightning. Flash every 4/5 seconds for the last 20 minutes
  • Options
    Power cut. Great.
  • Options

Was facing the same situation on the train back to Sunny Sidcup from Dirty Dartford. Hail stones smashing on the train roof. Fortunately got picked up, but not had a storm like that for a while. I love em.
  • Options
    Got home as it was starting. Close shave. Loved it. All over the Lightning maps link again.
  • Options
    Where's it gone?

Mad five minutes.