Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Fun Day - Sunday 3rd August

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Gumbo said:

@AFKABartram‌ are you angry due to the fact you have heard they are going stop selling pasties in the stands now

Looks like another club/fan tradition gone forever

Justices for Smudge

Be honest don't matter what the new owners or the club do people like AFKA will always find things wrong ..... Pity these people just admit that the club is moving forward in a way we have not for many years and the old school of jobs for friends as gone we are now a club run the right way .....

You don't know what the complaint was so that's a bit judgemental before knowing the facts
  • Lol where did you pop up from Colin?

Entitled to your opinion I guess. AFKA was questioning the fun day not how the club is run. Did you go yourself?
  • Pathetic organisation and very little to do. No signs, no detail, few people knew what was going on. I finally asked a steward how to sign up for the Q&A's and was told I had missed them both.

Was lucky enough to be at the front of the queue for signings and the players were great with my boy. The photo thing was a good idea.

Why no tour of the ground, bouncy castles, things for littleuns? A combination of last year and this would have been great but with better organisation.

Felt it was organised by someone without any kids and with pure eye on getting everyone to spend money on the bar in Crossbars by making the queues as long as possible.

Sweating the asset?
  • colin1961 said:

Gumbo said:

@AFKABartram‌ are you angry due to the fact you have heard they are going stop selling pasties in the stands now

Justices for Smudge

Be honest don't matter what the new owners or the club do people like AFKA will always find things wrong ..... Pity these people just admit that the club is moving forward in a way we have not for many years and the old school of jobs for friends as gone we are now a club run the right way .....

What? Are you just finding a convenient spot to have a dig?
  • Pathetic organisation and very little to do. No signs, no detail, few people knew what was going on. I finally asked a steward how to sign up for the Q&A's and was told I had missed them both.

Was lucky enough to be at the front of the queue for signings and the players were great with my boy. The photo thing was a good idea.

Why no tour of the ground, bouncy castles, things for littleuns? A combination of last year and this would have been great but with better organisation.

Felt it was organised by someone without any kids and with pure eye on getting everyone to spend money on the bar in Crossbars by making the queues as long as possible.

Sweating the asset?

Totally agree
  • colin1961 said:

Gumbo said:

Justices for Smudge

What? Are you just finding a convenient spot to have a dig?
    Stop creeping creepy!! ;o)

• Where's my popcorn ?

Share it round
  • the O.S. says it was a great afternoon, so it must be true

so what went wrong AFKA???
  • colin1961 said:

Gumbo said:

Justices for Smudge

AFKA is much younger than you. And that's just the start of what's wrong with your post. Why do you do it?

• Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Gumbo said:

Justices for Smudge

AFKA is much younger than you. And that's just the start of what's wrong with your post. Why do you do it?

There's to many people like this on here always think someone's having a pop at the club for no reason
  • Didn't go but the second I read the article on this it all seemed a bit rushed and half-arsed, if you want to get alot of kids down to the club and have them go home wanting to return to The Valley asap you need to entertain them, didn't look like there was any of that set up. Not good to hear r.e. the problems, but don't know what they are.. hope all gets sorted AFKA & co., hopefully it's forgettable and/or will pass with time, whatever was/is the problem.
  • I have also submitted the following complaint:-

Just got back from the "Fun Day". I can honestly say that I have never been to a more disorganized event. When we arrived we were directed to the North Stand and must admit that the first view of the pitch was stunning. Over in the far distance were a number of figures dressed in red. Who were they? What were they doing? After about half an hour these figures dismounted from their climbing frames and ambled towards the North Stand. There a man with a umbrella and another one arranged the red clothed people, one at a time, into poses. Then, as I recognized one or two players I realized that team photos were being taken. I say "team" photos but I didn't know half of them. This whole charade took over 45 minutes. What a public relations disaster! It only needed someone on a microphone to let the mystified fans know what the hell was going on and introduce the players to the fans.
    After this we left the stand and asked someone what was going on and was told that there were Q & A sessions but the first was over. We went to the second one in a room half filled with chairs which were far from enough to accommodate the many fans who attended. This room had no working air conditioning on one of the hottest days of the year.
    We were then directed to an upstairs bar where the players were signing autographs. The queue to the players was the whole length of the room. Having not recognized half the players and wanting to put names to faces (as the last Charlton autograph I obtained was Sam Bartram) we decided not to join this queue but to walk to the area outside the ropes. We were quickly ushered away and on asking why was told that even more photos were to be taken. If the same photographer was to be used the players will be lucky to make the first game of the season.
    I know when I am beaten so we walked back down the bar. I asked a member of staff where the season ticket only draw was to take place. He did no know so went to ask a young woman, she didn't know so went to ask another woman (who I understand was the "organizer") . She directed the first one down the bar towards the signing area. Presumably she got involved in the photo shoot as she hadn't returned.
    So it was decided that we would drown our sorrows. We approached the nearest bar behind which there were three people. One immediately disappeared, another was far more interested in communing with dirty glasses and replacing clean ones on the shelves. The other person was involved in serving a milling throng of thirsty fans. Once again we admitted defeat.
    That was it we had had enough and went home wondering which part of Roland's fans experience today's interlude fitted in
  • I am hoping for a response from the club do don't hold out much hope
  • I think it's fair to say that the idea was great, the concept was great but the execution was poor. I hope they learn from the mistakes of today and put on an event that is acceptable to all ages next year.
  • The fun fair is at flamingo park just incase anyone wants to go.
  • All they had to do was a couple of bouncy castles some fun games for all ages and with the autographs not put all the players in one place maybe spread them around a bit
  • Our squad is to small to spread them around!!
  • Nobody said fun fair it was fun day so if it was to much of a rush to organise a day for the whole family why bother.it was also a good way of getting kids to pester their parents into either getting season tickets or tickets for some games by showing them what a great family day out the valley is
  • Only on Charlton Life can the topic of "Valley Fun Day" lead to the popcorn coming out!
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest it was not what i expected thought they was gonna do a training session of some sort on pitch , which never happened , was told they never expected so many to turn up .
  • How many there then?
  • PL54 said:

How many there then?

Over 1,000 they reckon.
  • Sounds like I missed a cracker ! Got a horrible feeling that the hospitality and lounge packages this season are gonna be a cluster fuck, changes afoot ahead of us all
  • Didn't manage to get down - thought a 500 mile round trip wasn't worth the effort.

If it was as bad as it sounds then the complainants should be asking for their money back. How much was the admission?
  • It was completely free.
  • 20 quid in petrol lol
  • cafctom said:

It was completely free.

Yes I know - just a veiled hint of sarcasm on my part.
  • And the price of a pizza to cheer the kids up