Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Commonwealth Games.

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Nice to see the Royal Air Force there - were the Scottish Air Force busy ?

Still being trained at a secret location. Here's a spy photo of SAF Squadron One:

• Options
    What a load of old pony the opening ceromony was.
    Like poundland hosting the Olympics.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the opening ceremony and thought it was done well with a low budget.
  • Options
    Looked incredibly like the result of an airy-fairy, pc, creative marketing brainstorming session with no moderating sense-check. At least they didn't go mad with the budget. Let's hope the sport is what we all remember and not the near-slience for the national anthem.
  • Options
    Lets hope Rods voice holds out if he gets asked to attend the closing ceremony.
  • Options
    Didn't watch but were the Krankies there?
  • Options
    Mo Farah pulled out through illness now
  • Options
    England have just won the first medals of the Games... Congrats to Jodie Stimpson and Vicky Holland who have won Gold and Bronze in the Women's Triathlon
  • Options
    Twigg from the England hockey team is fit

• Options
    Shag said:

Twigg from the England hockey team is fit

Understatement right here... the Anna Sloan of the Commonwealth Games so far...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stephenson playing Badminton for Norn Iron...
  • Options
    eurgh she's not fit!?!?!? She is far below acceptable.
  • Options
    who you talking about dazzler , twigg , sloan or Stephenson ?
  • Options
    Shag said:

who you talking about dazzler , twigg , sloan or Stephenson ?

Think he means Susan Boyle
  • Options
    I'm with you on that ForeverAddickted she's nice
  • Options

Better image for the picky ones on here lol!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

eurgh she's not fit!?!?!? She is far below acceptable.

Either you have too high standards or should of gone to Specsavers...

Or I had sarcasm bypass and no-one told me.
  • Options

Its interesting really, the Aussies take the Commonwealth Games VERY SERIOUSLY - way more seriously than the English do.

This is probably because we have European competition to fill in gaps between the Olympics whereas the Aussies only have the Commonwealth Games to compete in other than the Olympics.

I have no interest in them at all, but if others do then good luck to them.

That's an interesting point, never considered that before. Similarly they never have the major football club / international events other than the WC

• Options
    Hkw are we doing in the medals table?
  • Options

Its interesting really, the Aussies take the Commonwealth Games VERY SERIOUSLY - way more seriously than the English do.

This is probably because we have European competition to fill in gaps between the Olympics whereas the Aussies only have the Commonwealth Games to compete in other than the Olympics.

That's an interesting point, never considered that before. Similarly they never have the major football club / international events other than the WC

They play in the Asian cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They play in the Asian cup.
    Indeed, its actually being played here in January, but ticket sales are very poor so far as most Aussies don't really know what it is.

Shame really as I was looking forward to our Arab superstar Reza playing for Arabian powerhouse Iran here against their Arabic cousins the UAE.....:)
  • Options
    How typical of the Sweaties to produce a medal that's got more holes in it than metal. Tight gits. Compare and contrast with the London Oylmpics medal:

• Options
    Congratulations to India's Shushila Likmabam on her silver medal in the judo and of course her magnificent surname :)
  • Options
    I like the playing of Jerusalem when England win gold
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Hkw are we doing in the medals table?

• Options
    I like at the medal giving out they all get a medal and a wooden ash try/peanut dish.
  • Options
    why no headguards in the Boxing?, NI boxer has a bad cut in fight now
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the triathlon relay, very good format and those Brownley brothers are something else. Can't remember which one but he is such a good 10k runner he was considering an offer to double up and run it on the track. Unbelievable talents.
  • Options
    Its Alistair (the older Brother) that people think could do the 10k on the track as well... Track and Road running is a lot different though hence why he's not done it.

Is my pick for SPOTY at the moment, not just for this year but for being so dominate for a while now... Neither Alistair or Jonathan get the attention they deserve (and today was the first time I've ever had the chance to see them myself)
  • Options

Its Alistair (the older Brother) that people think could do the 10k on the track as well... Track and Road running is a lot different though hence why he's not done it.

He's only run 1 10,000m on the track I think and that was faster than either of our 2 commonwealth entrants have run this year and faster than jonny mellor has ever run so he certainly wouldn't be out of place in that event