Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Commonwealth Games.

12346»

Comments

• Tom Daley smashed the 10m.
  • Well done Lizzie and Emma in the road race, English 1st & 2nd! All our cyclists really are quite something.
  • Cracking effort from Kennaugh in this race. Awful conditions in the last 20 minutes as well. Got a sniff of a chance if he can keep the gap at this sort of range until a couple of laps out.
  • Slightly off topic but it's a shame Morgan Lake didn't compete in the Heptathlon. She chose to go the the world junior games instead where she won the Heptathlon and High jump. She scored over 6,000 Pts and was only only 3cm off the British high jump record.

She is going to be an absolute star next year despite only being 17!
  • Great ride from Thomas. Brutal to get a puncture on the last lap, after putting in all that effort - but fantastic luck for him that Bauer and Thwaites gave up early and were too intent on outsmarting each other to go after him.
  • edited August 2014
    Yorkshire would have finished 7th in the medal table apparently. Not sure why it doesn't get to have its own team though.
  • Yorkshire would have finished 7th in the medal table apparently. Not sure why it doesn't get to have its own team though.

All thing Yorkshire should be in the annoying myths thread ;-)
  • Yorkshire would have finished 7th in the medal table apparently. Not sure why it doesn't get to have its own team though.

And little old Dartford would have 2 silvers in said table, Yorkie!

• Bit cringey this Gold Coast bit.
  • Bit cringey this Gold Coast bit.

The usual Aussie modesty :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Kylie in knee high boots, yum
  • Kylie's precisely one week older than me yet looks about 20 years younger :-(
  • Kylie's precisely one week older than me yet looks about 20 years younger :-(

I thought you were an old git!

Kylie's just a youngster
  • Good to see Kylie fill in for Scotland's lack of talent
  • LenGlover said:

Kylie's precisely one week older than me yet looks about 20 years younger :-(

I thought you were an old git!

Kylie's just a youngster
    Everyone's a youngster compared to some Len... ;-)
  • Well that's that then. Yes they are never going to get the pulse racing quite like the Olympics but I still really enjoyed them and well done Glasgow!
  • Well that's that then. Yes they are never going to get the pulse racing quite like the Olympics but I still really enjoyed them and well done Glasgow!

I always enjoy the Commonwealth Games too.

It's good to see smaller countries get their day in the sun. EG Barbados and the like in the rugby sevens.

It can only help the sport develop in these places.
  • Had a fantastic 4 days in Glasgow at the athletics, badminton and road race! If only the weather was kinder! A great opportunity for so many smaller countries and less well known athletes to shine. So many wonderful memories of great races and sportsmanship: David Weir and Jo Pavey will stick in my mind for a long time.
    Roll on Brisbane.
  • If Loughborough University was a country, it would have come 11th in the medals table - 35 in total

Boom