Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Commonwealth Games.

Comments

• Options
    Im enjoying the womens snatch at the moment
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Great to see a local girl in Zoe Smith win gold, well done girl.

Hard luck Gemma Gibbons
  • Options

Didn't watch but were the Krankies there?

They're actually competing....in the `coxed single' class in the rowing.

• Options
    Anyone watching tonight?

You can't beat the drama and excitement some sports can provide.

Yes, you can love football more than any other sport, but it can't touch the closing drama in a tight finish that running, swimming, cycling race.

The English lad pulling back that 100 breastroke was superb
  • Options
    So good to see Steve Way leading for the first mile of the marathon, he's a true inspiration
  • Options
    Actually really enjoying the Commonwealth Games, I wasn't expecting to !
  • Options
    Went to the rugby sevens with my boy at Ibrox yesterday, nice vibe and probably the only time Ibrox will ever offer butternut pasties and other vegetarian specials. Chicken and Haggis pies very nice.
  • Options
    Brilliant run by the Aussie in the marathon and a PB for Steve Way and new over 40's British record, can't ask for more than that.
  • Options

why no headguards in the Boxing?, NI boxer has a bad cut in fight now

Rules changed last year, seems they'll be going back to headguard next year after the number of cuts at the Commonwealths and the world championships last year
  • Options
    Enjoying these games been very good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm enjoying what I've seen so far. Some cracking rugby sevens amongst other sports.

Quick question to the Charlton Life cycling fraternity:

I caught a race earlier where an old boy tootled off on an old bike with a basket or something on the front whilst the others all lined up behind him. With 3 laps to go the old chap left the track and the riders all speeded up and started racing.

My question is why is the old boy there and what is his role? Why don't they just race?
  • Options
    Steve Way only took up running 7 years to help him give up smoking!
  • Options

Steve Way only took up running 7 years to help him give up smoking!

...and er...quite a lot of drinking from what I know from people at his club. Incredible turn around of lifestyle.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    LenGlover said:

I'm enjoying what I've seen so far. Some cracking rugby sevens amongst other sports.

Quick question to the Charlton Life cycling fraternity:

I caught a race earlier where an old boy tootled off on an old bike with a basket or something on the front whilst the others all lined up behind him. With 3 laps to go the old chap left the track and the riders all speeded up and started racing.

My question is why is the old boy there and what is his role? Why don't they just race?

He's part of the race. He's shit shot but never lasts the pace. Got a give it to the old fella for turning up all the time...

Good job there ain't a Tesco Metro next to the velodrome as you would of seen two bags of shopping in that basket as well, crazy!
  • Options
    brilliant by Steve Way - anyone got any links of him in action etc.?
  • Options
    Great run from Dartford's finest, Adam Gemili , to post the 2nd fastest time in the semis of the 100m!

Can't wait for the final at 9.50pm.
  • Options
    Female 100m on now.

Men in like 15 minutes.
  • Options
    Cracking run by Blessing.
  • Options
    Silver for Gemili!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Silver, brilliant.
  • Options
    Stormin' Adam
  • Options
    Brilliant from him. Seems like a nice chap too, I don't suppose we can claim him as an Addick ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Brilliant from him. Seems like a nice chap too, I don't suppose we can claim him as an Addick ?

Come on, Fanny...do your duty!
  • Options
    Old Dartfordians are awesome.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Come on, Fanny...do your duty!
    No sure what you're thinking there, Weegie :-)

But I'll do my best !

• Options
    The bloke has just got one of those smiles and faces that makes you alike along with him. Seems a great lad.

Really enjoying these championsips, though them bagpipes are stating to grate me !
  • Options
    Cracking tottty hockey on now. South Africa vs New Zealand.
    I do hope the Kiwi forward Sophie Cocks didn't get picked on at school.
  • Options
    This city has gone crazy...people everywhere, pavement cafes, street food, live music...and sunshine! Shame some of us have to work...
  • Options
    Well done Adam!