Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Commonwealth Games.

Comments

• Options

Cracking tottty hockey on now. South Africa vs New Zealand.
    I do hope the Kiwi forward Sophie Cocks didn't get picked on at school.

Cocks was standing a little to upright........................do the commentators realise what they are saying.
  • Options
    The winner of the 100m would've finished last in the 100m final at London 2012
  • Options

But would have won every Olympics (apart from Hines altitude assisted win in 1968) up to 1984.
  • Options

Really enjoying these championsips, though them bagpipes are stating to grate me !

A bit of Vaseline under your left armpit should stop that.
  • Options
    Great swim by the English team to beat the Aussies there.
  • Options

But different races, with different people.
  • Options
    Mr Bolt says its shit
  • Options
    Watched some of the swimming last night and was delighted to see the English do so well, with the 4x100m mens relay even beating a much fancied Australian team to the gold. Granted the Aussies still picked up more than double the number of medals than we did in the pool but still a pretty good achievement.

I also watched some of the disabled swimming and thought the category that some of the swimmers were placed in was a little unfair. How on earth does a woman with virtually no arms get classified as a 9 (barely disabled) for the frakkin' breaststroke? Racing against some of the other people with no visible disability. She came last by the way.
  • Options
    Just beat the hosts at hockey , will probably kick off in the car park now
  • Options

Mr Bolt says its shit

Compared to London most things are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it possible that we might win this, or have Australia got too many events where they are likely to win gold?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Commonwealth Games: Is England about to end Australia's golden reign? - http://m.theage.com.au/commonwealth-games-glasgow-2014/commonwealth-games-news/commonwealth-games-is-england-about-to-end-australias-golden-reign-20140730-zydsh.html

Seems we could win it according to the Aussies.
  • Options
    Usain Bolt: Commonwealth Games in Glasgow 'a bit s***'. LOL
  • Options
    What is it with the Sweaties and thier Thronton's, shocking?
  • Options
    thank God the swimming is over, can enjoy it now!
  • Options
    Enjoying it, looks like were gonna top the medal table for the first time since 1986!
  • Options
    CHG said:

What is it with the Sweaties and thier Thronton's, shocking?

Eh?
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Enjoying it, looks like were gonna top the medal table for the first time since 1986!

Me too, I've loved watching it. The womens gymastics last night was brilliant.
  • Options
    We really do have some great young talent in events we've not really got a history in like diving and Gymnastics.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrific finish to the 10,000m there. Shame Mo was missing. Bolt coming up soon, be interesting to see how he plays the crowd.
  • Options
    Bolt up next
  • Options
    Pearson 1.61 free money.
    Jenneke won the pre-race warmup.

• Options
    Love how impressed the girl behind looks :)
  • Options
    Nice few bob on the Indians/SA double in Hockey.
    SA went 2-1 behind so got 2.8 on them latter.
    Lovely Jubbly.
  • Options
    Brilliant win for England men in the 4x400! Great race.
  • Options
    Not gonna get a better finish than that.

Equally so pleased for Jo Pavey. Been a proper journeyman runner all her career, brilliant for her
  • Options

Not gonna get a better finish than that.

Equally so pleased for Jo Pavey. Been a proper journeyman runner all her career, brilliant for her

Journeyman? I know she is not the most feminine.
  • Options
    You know what I mean Mr Plumb :-)
  • Options
    That 400 was unbelievable!

Every time I see the replay I think the Bahamian has got it then our bloke just kicks again as he hits the line!

Hope that Welsh pole vaulter, Sally Peake keeps going.