Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• smiffyboy said:

cheers Paddy just got 25's on paddy power.

On a side note i have a pal that is involved in the greyhound Wuheida and hes told me to back it for the Scottish greyhound derby next month at 20's

Won the Oaks at Belle Vue winning all her races in that competition .
  • Muntazah second to Heavy Metal. Nice one Paddy.
  • Great tip. Would have got closer with a clearer run 2f our, had is stride checked inbetween horses.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Couple of guys with connections say the following:

Have a small e/w tilt on MUNTAZAH in the Godolphin Mile, Meydan, March 31st. Pat Dobbs on Heavy Metal reckons after his ride (Heavy Metal, the favourite) it's got the best chance, and at 50/1 with a couple of firms, is miles overpriced.

I'm told it's "good word" from sources I trust, but they've never tipped something at such speculatively long odds to me yet. Weird that the horse ranges from 11s to 50s though - think that means 50s isn't the worst bet in the world? We'll see.

Nice one paddy.
    Had it ew @50s.
    Will pay for my beers this afternoon.
  • Great tip Paddy, well done.
  • Great info re Muntazah there.
  • Cheers Paddy e/w @ 50s.
  • Cracking tip, Paddy. Cheers for that !
  • Only two stables represented in the Grade 1 4.30 Fairyhouse today - absolute sign of the times. Amazed that Shattered Love didn't win that - but then, her jumping wasn't the most fluent I've ever seen. She's a great horse though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
  • My nap of the day - Drumacoo - 3.15 Fairyhouse 16/1 available with Skybet 1/5th the odds 5 places
  • Cheers @Addick Addict . Missed the 16s but on with PP at 14s. Best of luck.
  • Well that wasn't so good - Drumacoo ran OK to a point but interesting that only 6 finished and that all three winners today have won from the front today without a single sign of being mud splattered whereas for the rest of the fields you couldn't tell the colours it's so bad.
  • Well that wasn't so good - Drumacoo ran OK to a point but interesting that only 6 finished and that all three winners today have won from the front today without a single sign of being mud splattered whereas for the rest of the fields you couldn't tell the colours it's so bad.

We woz robbed :smile:
  • Whisper going round the pub I’m in is kemboy in the Irish national.
    Probable bullshit but have had small ew.
  • Whisper going round the pub I’m in is kemboy in the Irish national.
    Probable bullshit but have had small ew.

Lol
  • I backed 3 in the Irish National. Just checked the result. All 3 were brought down. Is this some sort of record ?!
  • Getabird & uds double was a solid meet today.

Had Folsom blue ew in the national so a small return on that
  • smiffyboy said:

On a side note i have a pal that is involved in the greyhound Wuheida and hes told me to back it for the Scottish greyhound derby next month at 20's

What’s the situation @smiffyboy?
    Got on at 20s but seems to have disappeared from the market.
  • Sponsored links:

• Twin horses called Mr. Ping and Mr. Pong are due to debut today! How nice, especially given most of the time only one twin survives.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/twin-thoroughbreds-mr-ping-mr-pong-race-friday/
  • PaddyP17 said:

Twin horses called Mr. Ping and Mr. Pong are due to debut today! How nice, especially given most of the time only one twin survives.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/twin-thoroughbreds-mr-ping-mr-pong-race-friday/

Had to google Bug allowance. It's what they call apprentice allowance in the States .
  • oldbloke said:

RIP Silviniaco Conti - Great Chaser.

I have an original painting of Silviniaco Conti by Liz Armstrong that takes pride of place above my desk at home. Wonderful chaser.
  • Rattle On in the opener today at Lingfield. Only cos I backed it last week and it didn’t break very well, then met trouble and still ran on only to lose by a neck. Put it in the tracker so backed it at 5/2. Not a huge stake as it’s a class 6 AW race but what trackers are for I suppose.
  • That’s why small stakes lol
  • That’s why small stakes lol

To be honest, that early pace probably didn't help - left it wide open.
  • think the 4 faves at aintree could go in tomorrow, anyone having a punt ill stick what im doing up in morning really fancy nube negra to have a big run.
  • edited April 2018
    gone for these tomorrow, nothing big just always like to have a bet on the big festivals.

1.45 brain power
    2.20 nube negra ew
    2.50 deinately red
    3.25 lami serge
    4.05 sir jack yeats ew
    4.40 tommy silver ew
    5.15 dulllahow gesture :wink:@killer kish & secret escape ew
  • Cheers for the support palarsehater and hoping for a bit more luck than Oxford Blu got at Cheltenham