Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Good luck and enjoy today killer kish.
  • lami serge and dullahows place put me about even for the day, anyone have any fancies today think min is there for the taking and looks like it could be a good race.
  • lami serge and dullahows place put me about even for the day, anyone have any fancies today think min is there for the taking and looks like it could be a good race.

1.45 - Jester Jet @ 20/1 EW
    2.20 - Vision des Flos @ 7/2 win; Distingo @ 40/1 EW
    2.50 - Ms Parfois @ 6/1 win (NAP)
    3.25 - Balko Des Flos @ 15/8 win
    4.05 - Top Gamble @ 12/1 EW; Kilcrea Vale @ 18/1 EW
    4.40 - Chef des Obeaux @ 8/1 win; Roksana @ 10/1 EW
    5.15 - Danny Kirwan @ 13/8 win

Rolling them up in combos, except for Ms Parfois who I have at 8s previously
  • Fancy Eamon An Cnoic in the opener today
  • gone for a lot of the same as @PaddyP17

1.45 ivanovich gorbatov ew
    2.20 vision des flos
    2.50 black corton
    3.25 balko des flos
    4.05 bouverail
    4.40 chef des obeux
    5.15 arthur mac ew
  • 1.45: Sumkindofking, Cyrius Moriviere, Massini's Trap. All ew
    2.20 Bedrock. Was 3rd in Gr1 juvenile here last year, has had wind op and moved stables. First run for new stable he fairly sluiced in....rated him mid 130s, but could've easily gone 10-15 lengths quicker. That puts him in the mix here, and at 50s+ on exchanges I've thrown a few quid his way.
    2.50 Horrendous race to have a view on I thought, maybe Testify at a big price.
    3.25 Think Balko Des Flos should be fav over Min
    4.05 Theatre Territory and Polidam. Both ew
    4.40 Couldn't care less.
    5.15 Pym

Done 6 ew doubles with the 3 in the 1.45 and 2 in 4.05
  • 4.05 Topham Chase
    Top Gamble
    Ultragold
    Ballyalton
  • 2.50 Terrefort
  • 1.45 Cyruis Moriviere & Eamon An Cnoic both e/w
    2.20 Slate house e/w
    2.50 Coo Star Sivola
    3.25 Balko Des Flos
    4.05 BigBadJohn e/w
    4.40 Roksana (Nap)
    5.15 Pym e/w
  • PaddyP17 said:

lami serge and dullahows place put me about even for the day, anyone have any fancies today think min is there for the taking and looks like it could be a good race.

1.45 - Jester Jet @ 20/1 EW
    2.20 - Vision des Flos @ 7/2 win; Distingo @ 40/1 EW
    2.50 - Ms Parfois @ 6/1 win (NAP)
    3.25 - Balko Des Flos @ 15/8 win
    4.05 - Top Gamble @ 12/1 EW; Kilcrea Vale @ 18/1 EW
    4.40 - Chef des Obeaux @ 8/1 win; Roksana @ 10/1 EW
    5.15 - Danny Kirwan @ 13/8 win

Rolling them up in combos, except for Ms Parfois who I have at 8s previously
    Nice start Paddy
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    shame i didn't follow your 1st selection - nice work well done
  • Not too bad! Start as we mean to go on please
  • PaddyP17 said:

Not too bad! Start as we mean to go on please

My youngest is there today and he backed it - I think he's happy but can't really tell as he sounds quite drunk!!
  • bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

Not too bad! Start as we mean to go on please

My youngest is there today and he backed it - I think he's happy but can't really tell as he sounds quite drunk!!
    Please refer him to the above comment - start as we mean to go on :wink: hope he has a good time!
  • Big run from Bedrock. Thought was going to cop the lot for a moment
  • i back johnson hes dog shit i back a race where he features and he beats me.
  • Good to see everyone getting on Balko. :-)
  • Balls, thought I had Ms Parfois on the win there. Damn
  • Bookies dancing in the street after that one.
  • Nice place for Kilcrea Vale there. Puts the book in profit for the day; let's freeroll the last two under no pressure!
  • Sponsored links:

2.20 Slate house e/w
    2.50 Coo Star Sivola
    3.25 Balko Des Flos
    4.05 BigBadJohn e/w
    4.40 Roksana (Nap)
    5.15 Pym e/w

Fuck sake Roksana just beaten, sums up the day.
    2.20 Slate house e/w
    2.50 Coo Star Sivola
    3.25 Balko Des Flos
    4.05 BigBadJohn e/w
    4.40 Roksana (Nap)
    5.15 Pym e/w

Fuck sake Roksana just beaten, sums up the day.
    That was a shame. *Takes each way money and runs*
  • edited April 2018
    I’m looking for some help / tips for tomorrow’s Craven meeting at Newmarket, I know nothing about racing and me and the wife have been invited for some corporate entertainment, be nice to make it look like I might know what I’m talking about.

13:50
    Aurum
    14:25
    jawawal
    15:35
    Purser
    16:45
    Kew Garden

If I made an obvious error, then let me know, just doing it for fun but wouldn’t mind one winner, so I look good
  • Tend to find takes me a bit of time to get into "flat racing mode" but....

First 3 races look horrendous to bet on with little/no info to go on

1535 5 runner races not my thing I'm afraid!
    1610 Interesting handicap. ISOMER ran future 2000 Guineas winner Churchill to within a 0.5L as a 2yo. Things not gone to plan since, but down to a mark of 90 as a result. You'll be getting value backing a few ew in this (save some bullets from the first few races)
    1645 MILDENERGER was last seen finishing third to Roarding Lion (2nd in RP Trophy) and Nelson (Ballysax winner at weekend). Should run well in this if progressed from 2 to 3 ok.
    1720 MEDIEVAL will be popular with Ryan Moore booked, and does look interesting. But may be short enough. Could be worth chancing JUANITO CHICO/PASTIME ew as they were 2nd and 3rd behind subsequent Lincoln winner Addeybb last year.
    1755 God knows!
  • Thanks very much PolzeathNick, must admit when I looked I did wonder if I should bother betting, I think one race there’s 19 starters.
  • Thanks very much PolzeathNick, must admit when I looked I did wonder if I should bother betting, I think one race there’s 19 starters.

Ironically, if you know absolutely nothing at all the best two races to bet on are the two big handicaps. Anything you back each way will likely be value just based on the maths.

Ironically, if you know absolutely nothing at all the best two races to bet on are the two big handicaps. Anything you back each way will likely be value just based on the maths.
    And if you want to be a real scumbag, you can do each doubles across the two races!!!
  • flat racing i cant stand so after punchestown and final day at sandown the summer is time off for me, a good free tipster done some ante post shouts for the major flat races which i had a v small lucky 15 on 1 of which is now a nr so wont be landing a big return if the others land.

• The Young Master @ 25/1 for Saturday's Scottish GN is very appealing.
  • The Young Master @ 25/1 for Saturday's Scottish GN is very appealing.

After the Midlands GN I'm absolutely all over Regal Flow (like I was then, woo). Was very taken with his run. A 4lb rise isn't exactly prohibitive.