Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• edited February 2019
  • edited February 2019
    oops sorry, wrong decade.
  • Champion hurdle could be a cracker!
  • Bought my father in law a share in a racing syndicate for his 70th Birthday present, the horse has it's first run tomorrow, it is trained by Paul Nicholls and runs at Ludlow called Miranda, it also has a speculative entry in the Triumph Hurdle so will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes.
  • edited February 2019
  • Good luck Steve and I’m sure your father in law will enjoy it.Shame it’s not with a nicer trainer and I don’t mean achievement wise
  • laurina, apples and bvd going to the champion - great race but blows a few of my ante posts as i had laurina going for mares - which imo she wins, benie des deux is now a backable price the mares so have had a go on that.

1 ive heard a few shouts for the supreme is Fakir d'loudairs joeseph obrien trained 12/1 most places 7/1 on sky as nrnb
  • Think Laurina will still go for mares and I’ve heard the same shouts about Fakir too
    Also strong mentions for Paisley Park stayers and for whatever race Krystal Dream turns up for
  • Bought my father in law a share in a racing syndicate for his 70th Birthday present, the horse has it's first run tomorrow, it is trained by Paul Nicholls and runs at Ludlow called Miranda, it also has a speculative entry in the Triumph Hurdle so will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes.

Great idea. All the best @northstandsteve . Here's to the dream!
  • laurina, apples and bvd going to the champion - great race but blows a few of my ante posts as i had laurina going for mares - which imo she wins, benie des deux is now a backable price the mares so have had a go on that.

1 ive heard a few shouts for the supreme is Fakir d'loudairs joeseph obrien trained 12/1 most places 7/1 on sky as nrnb

Has O'Leary confirmed he will run Apples Jade in the CH?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    bobmunro said:

laurina, apples and bvd going to the champion - great race but blows a few of my ante posts as i had laurina going for mares - which imo she wins, benie des deux is now a backable price the mares so have had a go on that.

Has O'Leary confirmed he will run Apples Jade in the CH?
    O'Leary is a stubborn man and I wish this still stood:

• edited February 2019
    PaddyP17 said:

oldbloke said:

is ballyward not going RSA route now though?

If Willie tells me that it's raining, I'll be looking outside. Unusual if he doesn't have a runner I'd think.
    I have it on very good authority that Ballyward will take his place in the National Hunt chase at 4.50pm on the Tuesday of the festival and will be ridden by Patrick Mullins.
  • PaddyP17 said:

oldbloke said:

is ballyward not going RSA route now though?

If Willie tells me that it's raining, I'll be looking outside. Unusual if he doesn't have a runner I'd think.
    I have it on very good authority that Ballyward will take his place in the National Hunt chase at 4.50pm on the Tuesday of the festival and will be ridden by Patrick Mullins.
  • Future Derby winner, or Champion Hurdler?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/47138166
  • bobmunro said:

Future Derby winner, or Champion Hurdler?

Don't think anyone sends a mare to Galileo hoping to get a Champion Hurdler.
  • That's disgusting a 21 year old shagging an 11 year old, where are the police?
  • bobmunro said:

Future Derby winner, or Champion Hurdler?

Don't think anyone sends a mare to Galileo hoping to get a Champion Hurdler.
    It's all about hope when it comes to race horse breeding. The old saying is 'breed the best with the best and hope for the best!'.

Well fancied today according to the market.
    Ex French flat racer.

Well fancied today according to the market.
    Ex French flat racer.
    I think the market is dictated by the syndicate all having a flutter first time out, the message from the syndicate itself was should run well, but beware as French imports take a little time to settle in, they believed market value would be 7/2, it is currently 6/4, I thought it would be short just due to everyone having a little go, I would expect it to maybe lengthen when it opens on the course.
  • Nice result Steve and good jockey is Cobden,well done
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice one Steve.
  • Nice one Steve - onward and upward.........Red Rum started on the flat! :smiley:
  • Cheers, I would love to own my own , and will be joining a syndicate myself now lots of fun
  • Nice one Steve well done mate
  • That's quality - nice one mate.
  • All racing cancelled on Thursday due to equine influenza

• Very worrying. Hope it doesn't escalate. Certainly don't want a repeat of 2001.

• This could last months going by previous outbreaks in Australia. Strange decision to race in Thurles today