Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Rain forecast from early on Boxing Day.
    The old boy Thistlecrack's written off too soon IMO given the likely conditions. I'll take him at 18s e/w to outstay at least 4 of his younger rivals. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Elegant Escape tops the card for the Chepstow marathon tomorrow so no change in the weights at decs.
    Just 17 to line up, including all 3 I've already backed (The Two Amigos, Prime Venture and Pobbles Bay) and the sole Irish-trained runner, Space Cadet. He'll be 4lbs O/H but Mountainous won it first time 5lbs wrong and plenty of others O/H have been placed down the years. He ticks the boxes and, with rain there throughout today, I've added him to my slip at 40s for 5 places. From the family of Scot Nat winner Baronet, hopefully he'll still be in range entering the home straight to stay on and make the frame. 
    EDIT - Connections win the opener at Leopardstown today   :) 
    pob lwc
  • Options
    Roll again was my big bet of Xmas fell 4 out when cruising - summed up the day usually go kempton today but am on a train into work as got the next 5 days off - swings and roundabouts. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Officially Heavy (Soft places) at Chepstow this morning after yesterday's rain. :)
    Extra furlong to race and fence to jump. As tough a stamina test as there is in the calendar.
  • Options
    Robin Des Foret at Leopstown for me today nice ew price.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    oldbloke said:
    Good luck @oldbloke
    Backing your call.
    7 places up for grabs from sponsors PP, also got a shilling e/w on Solomn Grundy at 22s.
  • Options
    2.10 Chepstow - Kris Spin.

Huge price (66/1) but could run for a place - definitely fit and the going suits to a tee.
  • Options
    Just had a nibvble to win and to be top 4... cheers
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Just had a nibvble to win and to be top 4... cheers
    Hope it was just a little nibble!
  • Options
    oldbloke said:
    Good luck @oldbloke
    Backing your call.
    7 places up for grabs from sponsors PP, also got a shilling e/w on Solomn Grundy at 22s.
    Nobody for LiveLaughLove in the same race? Tutt, Tutt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think its still running! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    …….
  • Options
    oldbloke said:
    Cheers @oldbloke
    Nice e/w call and my fella paid off with PP in 7th.

Triffic Welsh GN if anyone missed it. All the first 6 deserve a lot of credit - a very worthy winner.

1 Potters Corner
    2 Truckers Lodge 1.75L
    3 Yala Enki 2.75L
    4 Prime Venture 4.25L
    5 The 2 Amigos 10L 
    6 Elegant Escape 11L

Stat filter worked well enough - 4 of 6 filling first 6 home - and turned a reasonable profit but same-old-same-old: I ditch the winner   :'(

Que sera sera.

Happy 2020 all.

• Options
    my e/w on Truckers rescued what had been a Boxing day to forget (backing 'orses wise)
  • Options
    oldbloke said:
    Cheers @oldbloke
    Nice e/w call and my fella paid off with PP in 7th.

Triffic Welsh GN if anyone missed it. All the first 6 deserve a lot of credit - a very worthy winner.

1 Potters Corner
    2 Truckers Lodge 1.75L
    3 Yala Enki 2.75L
    4 Prime Venture 4.25L
    5 The 2 Amigos 10L 
    6 Elegant Escape 11L

Stat filter worked well enough - 4 of 6 filling first 6 home - and turned a reasonable profit but same-old-same-old: I ditch the winner   :'(

Que sera sera.

Happy 2020 all.

good day for the Taffs .. part owned by a Welsh R U international, trained in Wales and ridden by a 17 year old Jack Tudor .. must be  a descendant of Henry Vlll and Lizzie l lol
  • Options
    Can someone advise where Rate my Plate is running?
  • Options
    Sandown 3.00
    As I mentioned a few months back Anthony Honeyball had this race targeted with three horses sadly one of those horses myself and Alan Dugdale were involved with suffered a career ending injury last month on his impressive comeback run at Plumpton,the other is now going for the Grand National and that leaves.........
    Jepeck who has been hurdle racing this season to protect his mark for today’s race
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sandown 3.00
    As I mentioned a few months back Anthony Honeyball had this race targeted with three horses sadly one of those horses myself and Alan Dugdale were involved with suffered a career ending injury last month on his impressive comeback run at Plumpton,the other is now going for the Grand National and that leaves.........
    Jepeck who has been hurdle racing this season to protect his mark for today’s race
    Sorry about your horse @killer kish and @alan dugdale
    Know how you're feeling.

• Options
    Sandown 3.00
    Won it well in the end, thought he was going to be taken out by the loose horse before the last fence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Gonna chuck in an antepost thought for Cheltenham:

Supreme Novices' Hurdle - SHISHKIN @ 33/1 (Bet365, thank you Bob!). Have heard from some very well-connected and reliable friends that he looks to be a monster for Nicky Henderson this year and is on fire in the yard. He did this a few days after the Festival this year: 

Had a small interest each way at that price.

You love to see it. Now best priced 16s for the Supreme.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Gonna chuck in an antepost thought for Cheltenham:

Supreme Novices' Hurdle - SHISHKIN @ 33/1 (Bet365, thank you Bob!). Have heard from some very well-connected and reliable friends that he looks to be a monster for Nicky Henderson this year and is on fire in the yard. He did this a few days after the Festival this year: 

Had a small interest each way at that price.

You love to see it. Now best priced 16s for the Supreme.
    No idea what's been said or done to see an even more dramatic price collapse since the 15th, as Shishkin has not run in that time, but he is now 4/1 across the board for the Supreme.

A friend with a cashout facility informs me that £10 each way (£20 total) is now available to cash out for around £85 with Bob's lot. I wouldn't recommend doing so, of course - let it ride. That's the point of antepost! 

But still, very good signs. I'm also pleased to have Paisley Park for the Stayers again (albeit at - by antepost standards - a very skinny 9/4), as he has now moved odds-on. 

As for another suggestion, I'm rolling with Don Poli for the Foxhunter Chase at 20/1 (Bob's lot specifically, 1/5 1-3). A grand old horse who has done well in two recent point to points, and who I can see qualifying and being entered under new ownership.
  • Options
    So if your mate had put £1000 ew on they would be offering £8500 cash out that right 
  • Options
    So if your mate had put £1000 ew on they would be offering £8500 cash out that right 
    If it's scaled like that, yes. But I assume Bet365 would offer slightly less - or any customer allowed that much (if there are any!) would have to negotiate the cashout.
  • Options
    thanks