Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    He was going to win anyway, it didn't effect the result.

Correct.

Accidental interference that did not affect the result. It would have been a joke if he had lost the race but that was never going to happen. Covered by Rule 153.

• Options
    Will be keeping an eye on this lad’s tips. 3 big prices winners in the last few days.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    bobmunro said:
    He was going to win anyway, it didn't effect the result.

Correct.

Accidental interference that did not affect the result. It would have been a joke if he had lost the race but that was never going to happen. Covered by Rule 153.

Unbelievable !

In the United States that horse would be disqualified. 
    But in the UK the main thing is, don't whip your horse too many times or Jockeys will get a suspension 

If you look at Rule 153 and think all the answers are NO, then you should go to Specsavers.

Pyledriver is a crazy but fast horse and since Rule 153 was amended because of horses losing races with small infringements, they now go the other way and as long as the horse is going faster you can cut up the 2nd and 3rd and that's fine.  Everyone knew the stewards enquiry was a sham and at least Chapman got one result correct ! 

If it wasn't Ryan Moore but a young Claimer who wasn't aware of the quirky style of Pyledriver, then a collision could've taken place in the run in.

Just a word for Canute (Ryan Moore horse) who was put down after the 5.35 and which we could see clearly watching the race. Very sad for the groom.

I thought Ryan Moore would mention the sad loss after winning the last race the 6.10 as we are constantly told everyone loves the horses; even Gordon Elliott.
  • Options
    Skybet aren't the first to remove their best odds guaranteed on dogs but they have now removed their bonuses on Lucky 15s. One has to laugh at their justification for doing so though. So offering those bonuses wasn't seen as a "best possible product"? Probably not given Betfred offers 3 times the odds on a winner on their L15s. How long before they remove that offer too?

The way we offer Greyhound Best Odds Guaranteed & Lucky Bonuses on all sports is changing.

We have taken the decision to remove Best Odds Guaranteed on Greyhound Racing and remove Bonuses on Lucky 15, 31, 63 bets. Both % bonuses (10%, 20%, 25%) on all selections of Lucky bets and the “double odds” if only one winner is selected concession, will be removed. This is to ensure we continue to offer the best possible product and service to all our customers. 
  • Options
    Skybet removed my free bet offers this week.
  • Options
    Skybet removed my free bet offers this week.
    I bet that they offered lots of other benefits instead though!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Did the jockey get a ban for not trying to secure the best place?

One to watch next time out when it will sluice up by twenty lengths.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Did the jockey get a ban for not trying to secure the best place?

One to watch next time out when it will sluice up by twenty lengths.

Jockey has been referred to the BHA - horse banned for 40 days.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are two race meetings tonight. If you live exactly equidistant between Southwell and Nottingham you have a choice of about a 7 mile journey to either track. If you live near any of the other 50 race courses and fancied going to a track tonight, you might, I'm afraid, have to speak to the race planning department of the BHA asking for an explanation as to why and how this has happened.
  • Options
    sralan said:
    Newton Abbott 4.30. Nicky Richards sends one horse on the long journey from Greystoke and Brian Hughes is on it, his only ride of the day. Caius Marcius.
    Now a 12 year old and not the same horse but Caius Marcius did win two chases at NA four years ago off marks of 142 and 147 respectively. Runs in a hurdle off 124 today having recorded wins in the same discipline off marks between 117 and 123. Very competitive race but priced accordingly at 10.50 on Betfair. 
  • Options
    sralan said:
    Newton Abbott 4.30. Nicky Richards sends one horse on the long journey from Greystoke and Brian Hughes is on it, his only ride of the day. Caius Marcius.
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    sralan said:
    Excellent stuff
  • Options
    sralan said:
    Great shout. 
  • Options
    sralan said:
    Awesome stuff - thanking you sir! 
  • Options
    sralan said:
    Well spotted.
    This is the thread that I most wish would send phone notifications when posts are made.
    You can tell I missed it.
  • Options
    sralan said:
    lovely s/p .. 8[1  ((:>)
  • Options
    This lad had a few big winners at Ascot. Backed this one today, get in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah he’s quality 
  • Options
    Horse last night at Windsor making his debut called 'May'.

Didn't start too fast but finished well, maybe an omen for our May?

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    8 runners so perfect for EW (as long as there isn't a late withdrawal). A place chance as I can't see past the French Derby winner.
  • Options
    close but no cigar

• Options
    7:45 at Roscommon tonight. Same owner had a 200/1 winner and 200/1 3rd in same race!

Nothing dodgy about that i presume….