Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    3 stripe life put down unfortunately a promising horse with lots of future 
  • Options
    Inspiratrice, who has the same owner and trainer as the Coral National Winner, has just won at 200/1 - it returned on Betfair 756/1
  • Options
    Ryan Mania's most recent 12 rides (latest first) 

1-1-1-F-1-1-P-1-1-P-1-1

So he has won all 9 of his last 12 completed rides. He's been helped by the terrific form of the Sandy Thompson stable (7 of last 10 runners have won) and Mania has a massive level stakes profit over that period given that one of those winners, Large Action (not that Large Action obviously!), won at 25/1 with him on board.

He has one final ride today - Better Be Definite (16/1 available) in the 3.15 Musselburgh (they are running 30 minutes late because of earlier issues but might catch up a bit) for joint trainers Harriet Graham and Gary Rutherford
  • Options
    5 star digs for UAE race horses

• Options
    Blimey. 
    I don’t think I was the only one on here that won a few quid when he was claiming.

Danny Brock: Former jockey banned from racing for 15 years
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/64340270

• Options
    The Facile Vega bubble well and truly burst at Leopardstown, where he finishes last to Il Etait Temps, a horse that he beat easily at Christmas.
  • Options
    The museum have been given a collection of Epsom Derby Day race cards that we're selling to raise funds.

First one on now but another dozen or so going back to the early 60s to come.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295512265483?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UwoziUJ-RVK&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=-jKBJkFaQ_u&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE
  • Options
    Oisin Murphy has just won on his first ride back after a 14-month ban.
  • Options
    The Facile Vega bubble well and truly burst at Leopardstown, where he finishes last to Il Etait Temps, a horse that he beat easily at Christmas.
    Marine nationale for the supreme 7/2 looks like value now. 

Must start the Cheltenham thread as it goes 
  • Options
    Tom Scudamore retires from riding immediately .. all the best to him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tom Scudamore retires from riding immediately .. all the best to him
    A good, honest jockey. Staying as number one jockey to David Pipe for virtually his whole career, he never really had a consistently good book of rides to show him at his best.
  • Options
    Another first for female jockeys .. BHA crack down (sorry)on new whip rules

Jump jockey Charlotte Jones becomes first rider disqualified for breaking whip rules (msn.com)
  • Options

Jump jockey Charlotte Jones becomes first rider disqualified for breaking whip rules (msn.com)
    Soft target for finishing second in a bumper. Wonder if the BHA would do the same to Ryan Moore if he were to commit the same offence on a Derby winner for Coolmore given that they would face the prospect of a legal challenge if only for the reason of the financial implications in terms of not just prize money but stud value too. 
  • Options

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/total-of-20-suspensions-issued-in-first-week-of-new-whip-rules/207539

The BHA are making a complete and unnecessary mess of the whip situation. 
    Do the BHA really think that the "general public" will care that a whip is being used one or two times less than before?
    I was at Haydock on Saturday and witnessed a brilliant finish to the second last race, for which Lorcan Williams, on the winner, has now received an 18 day ban, meaning that he will miss Cheltenham. The jockey on the second horse has received an 8 day ban. My abiding memory from the race was the two jockeys congratulating each other, after the line, for a great race and battle to the line.
    Cheltenham is going to be carnage and I wonder how many horses will end up being disqualified for overuse of the whip.
  • Options
    Sean Quinlan riding the 2/9 favourite, Telhimlisten, in the two runner Sedgefield 1.40, appears to have somehow got unbalanced, after the last and on the run in, to the extent that he has had to dive off the horse. Telhimlisten was matched by the fast finger merchants at 1.01 to £14K and the eventual winner was matched all the way up to 1,000! 
  • Options
    Sean Quinlan riding the 2/9 favourite, Telhimlisten, in the two runner Sedgefield 1.40, appears to have somehow got unbalanced, after the last and on the run in, to the extent that he has had to dive off the horse. Telhimlisten was matched by the fast finger merchants at 1.01 to £14K and the eventual winner was matched all the way up to 1,000! 
    Yeah looked a dive to me
  • Options
    Yeah looked a dive to me
    He didn't look like he lost an iron but sometimes jockeys dive when they are unbalanced and know that they are going to fall off just to avoid getting tangled up and/or dragged under the horse. It didn't look like the horse veered in a way that a jockey as experienced as Quinlan couldn't handle ether. It's always going to look worse in a two runner race with a massive odds on shot that is 10 lengths clear after the last though. 
  • Options
    just seen this, that looked dogey as fuck
  • Options
    Quinlan with a quality Zaha impression 
  • Options
    Adam McCormack owns the horse that Quinlan fell off. He previously caught the attention of the BHA for this:

https://www.racingpost.com/news/under-fire-owner-defends-actions-after-landing-big-punt-at-market-rasen-a74qO1o5GZwn/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A nice 13,700 quid payday for whoever put that on.
  • Options
    Gorgeous sunny day and off to Fontwell today. Any tips gratefully received 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Nice course, figure of eight track.
    Decent pub close by - The Old Stables.
  • Options
    Windsor is also figure of eight course but flat racing.
  • Options
    Not tips but these are horses that I have backed at Fontwell:

2.00 Double Clicked @ 7/2
    2.30 Shaws Cross @ 4/1
    3.00 Millies Mite @ 10/1
    3.30 San Pedro De Senam @ 9/1

Hope you have a great day

• Options
    Windsor is also figure of eight course but flat racing.
    Well that's embarassing as I've been there 3 times  :D.
  • Options

2.30 Shaws Cross @ 4/1
    3.00 Millies Mite @ 10/1

Double Click ended my placepot on Race 1 lol 
  • Options

2.30 Shaws Cross @ 4/1
    3.00 Millies Mite @ 10/1

Double Click ended my placepot on Race 1 lol 
    Apologies. Wasn't good enough but really not sure why Gavin Sheehan took the horse on the scenic route when the first two went on the inside all the way round. 

The only consolation with going out of the Placepot is that with the first two in the market finishing 1,2 there will have to be some real shocks to pay anything.
  • Options
    only  joking, I picked already. Michael Hector delivered in the 2nd 👍