Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Cheers lads over the moon
  • Encouraging run that. Will win a race soon
  • bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

Hated the ground running with his head up, was firm wants good ground

Was the drop back to 5f correct do you think?
    Not in my opinion but another run at 5f and the horse could be another Willie Muir coup when stepped up in trip on his handicap debut ;-)
    Hmmm my thoughts as well!

Another 5f Maiden good/firm or firm - and then a nursery at 6f good or worse.
  • Well done Smiffyboy. Great for your horse to progress and come 2nd
  • Well done Smiffyboy with the second and certainly a future winner there.Do you think he needs six furlongs or needs to settle better?Just my view from the TV,anyway well done and what's Bath racecourse like? I'm there on September 12th after my stable visit at Honeyball's yard.
  • Cheers lads gonna go again at 5f and hope he settles better he still run green at the start pulling a lot, eventually he will run at 6f probably after next run dropping into handicaps as suggested, big progress from the first race so hopefully next race runs to the potential he clearly has.

Not a lover of bath to be truthful not got great facilities and very small, another course crossed off the list but won't be in a hurry to return.
  • edited August 2015
    If you look back at the race after being slightly squeezed on the run in Dwyer only whipped him twice as he knew he would never catch the winner and believed he still had more go in the tank. The winner came 4th in a group 2 at glorious goodwood so all positive
  • didn't,realise that mate, all positive, was Willie pleased with him.
  • Yeah he was made up about him and says he will progress even more after that run and will settle better feels he has a real good horse on his hands, Dwyer was excited by him and said he still had a silly spell but is willing to chase down other horses, he was a completely different horse before in the parade ring very laid back, he got excited before hand copying the other 2 that got worked up but that's immaturity
  • How was the rest of the evening ? Winners ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Did ok picked up burnt cream and mambo spirit so broke even for the day out so happy with that just a shame I couldn't have a drink, just stopped in clackett lane services before finishing off the last bit back to bexleyheath
  • Definite winner (when please) you have there.
    Agree was Still a bit green at start and was eased down but still enough to beat comedy knight.
    Looked very agitated loading. Is that a worry? ( don't know what stalls tests involve).
  • Didn't think he looked too agitated he went striaght in when the handlers presented him to the stalls, don't think they helped thereselves having right up next to another horse when loading, a slight kick could have caused a injury.Interesting Comedy Knight due to run at Lingfield tonight as well and seemed eased down as soon as beaten yesterday, but John Best has one in the same race and when the money is down on his horses they usually win and with James Doyle booked to ride worth a look.
  • You're right NSS, he went in ok. I was on about his behaviour behind the stalls about a minute before entering.
  • edited August 2015
    On debut at lingfield he walked straight in no problem, he's done some work with Gary Witheford the horse whisperer as equiano colts are supposed to be a bit fiery at the start, Muir wasn't concerned he felt the other two were kicking off and the handler should of took him away instead of letting him see it as it caused him to follow them with being a bit immature
  • bump no way am I having this on page 2, should be a sticky.
  • Top man Steve totally agree with you
  • Racing hard ATM with all this rain blown out big time today
  • Just an update Willie agrees with what a few have said on here and has entered Florencio in a 6f race at sailsbury on Friday it just depends now on the going whether he runs or not
  • Nice and quirky little track Salisbury,hope the ground stays right for him Smiffyboy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers killer never been sailsbury so would be another one crossed off the list
  • Rhythmical you absolute shitter just cost me £1390
  • Yeah proper and I only chucked him in to bump money up a bit, being greedy I suppose, my own fault
  • Been told Interception 3:45 pontefract will piss it
  • @ValleyGary have you seen your favourite jockey Jamie spencer messed up on his ride in the Beverly D stakes at Arlington park America last night he won the race and the $700,000 dollar prize only for the stewards to demote him after he broke the same rule that he broke in 2004 he's mum should of named him Frank
  • smiffyboy said:

Been told Interception 3:45 pontefract will piss it

Got anything else to go with it, for a win double?
  • Almodovar in the 2:45
  • smiffyboy said:

@ValleyGary have you seen your favourite jockey Jamie spencer messed up on his ride in the Beverly D stakes at Arlington park America last night he won the race and the $700,000 dollar prize only for the stewards to demote him after he broke the same rule that he broke in 2004 he's mum should of named him Frank

Haha what a shame. Cannot stand him.
  • Neither can I since you pointed stuff out but Tbf I think he was a bit hard done by