Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Next years Grand National moved to 5.15pm. When will the sporting authorities stop pissing around with our traditions?
  • It should be 6pm so all us footy fans can watch. Or race on a Sunday.
  • smiffyboy said:

No driver with me today so can't enjoy until I get back

Can't you just ride it home?
  • edited December 2015
    Once again, just my own thoughts, but two of the many I will no doubt back today:

Catt 2.50 - Alto Des Mottes. Given a couple of pipe openers over 2m & 2m 4f, he steps up to 3m 1f which, given the gelding won and was 2nd over 3m should suit him far better. He has also been dropped 3lbs for his last run and is off a mark 4lb lower than that over hurdles. Going not a problem and has a win and a 2nd going left handed. Available at about 5/1.

Ling 3.30 Investissement - has to be E/W this one (at about 10/1) but is ridden by the owner of another horse in the race (Hawk Gold), Mrs M Bryant. No recent form to write home about but did win a claimer here back in March and was 3/11 over C & D in April. This time last year was rated 78 so is now an enormous 21lbs lower and with the fav having been off for 216 days (and no evidence of form after a break) and most of the field also out of sorts, at the price, this one's worth a punt imo.

Make of that what you will and good luck today.
  • And something for those who like stats alone. Adam Kirby has ridden 40 times for Charlie Appleby at Lingfield (38 on the AW) with 17 wins, seven 2nds & five 3rds.

Rides Mansfield in the Ling 1.00 at about the 3/1 mark.
  • And something for those who like stats alone. Adam Kirby has ridden 40 times for Charlie Appleby at Lingfield (38 on the AW) with 17 wins, seven 2nds & five 3rds.

Rides Mansfield in the Ling 1.00 at about the 3/1 mark.

True to say Kirby has had better rides. Reined him back off a slow pace, then rushed him up on the outside and took the longest and most scenic route.
  • Once again, just my own thoughts, but two of the many I will no doubt back today:

Catt 2.50 - Alto Des Mottes. Given a couple of pipe openers over 2m & 2m 4f, he steps up to 3m 1f which, given the gelding won and was 2nd over 3m should suit him far better. He has also been dropped 3lbs for his last run and is off a mark 4lb lower than that over hurdles. Going not a problem and has a win and a 2nd going left handed. Available at about 5/1.

Ling 3.30 Investissement - has to be E/W this one (at about 10/1) but is ridden by the owner of another horse in the race (Hawk Gold), Mrs M Bryant. No recent form to write home about but did win a claimer here back in March and was 3/11 over C & D in April. This time last year was rated 78 so is now an enormous 21lbs lower and with the fav having been off for 216 days (and no evidence of form after a break) and most of the field also out of sorts, at the price, this one's worth a punt imo.

Investissement 2nd at 12s. Good work AA.

• Once again, just my own thoughts, but two of the many I will no doubt back today:

Investissement 2nd at 12s. Good work AA.

Thanks MLC. The "back Simon Walker blind" brigade sadly win again.

Alto hits odds on in running which helped from a trading perspective but, in the end, could only muster 3rd.
  • Good run there from Investissement, Good spot AA
  • My horse The Geegeez Geegee is running tomorrow at Market Rasen 2.20,our worry is the weight he has got to carry on the going soft/heavy with more ran tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• My horse The Geegeez Geegee is running tomorrow at Market Rasen 2.20,our worry is the weight he has got to carry on the going soft/heavy with more ran tomorrow

Do the positives outweigh them negatives mate?

• Yes but the price is poor.......could of got 7/4 but now 5/4!!!
  • cheers pal, good luck.
    Enjoy
  • Thanks mate and will certainly enjoy if we are in the winners enclosure again............
  • Good luck again tomorrow killer hopefully in the winners enclosure on the champers again
  • 12:05 Wolfcatcher, flying in training showing traits of a top horse, yard very very confident
  • top lad Smiffy smashed it.
  • Nice information Smiffy.
    An eye-catching performance and maybe a Triumph Hurdle candidate, if that is their desired route.
  • I will find out what they have planned for him, didn't watch it but been told it was impressive.

Unlucky that killer ground n weight against
  • Just got back from Market Rasen and he hated the ground today the jockey said he was never going on it from the first hurdle
  • Sponsored links:

• Just got back from Market Rasen and he hated the ground today the jockey said he was never going on it from the first hurdle

Little signal from the Jockey would be nice for the in running bets :wink:

• 6:35 Dondalk Love Potion
  • Exeter 2.50 Never Says Never
  • 2:40 sandown label de obeaux
  • smiffyboy said:

2:40 sandown label de obeaux

Legend Smiffy!

• Nice one Smiffy. Done label de obeaux on its own and in a double with love potion .
  • ive done these 3 in a treble, great start well done smiffy
  • Got it at 5/2 , went off at 10/3 which is nice
  • Becher Chase at Aintree tomorrow. Where is Peanuts Molloy ??!!
  • Well done Smiffy. I was on the 2nd, fortunately each way though should have done the forecast.