Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• only bet for me today is man of harlech 2.35 lingfield.
  • One of My bets today
  • cafc4life said:

Always welcome running in the 12.00 at Lingfield

2nd again.
    Should change his name to 'always welcome to finish better than second if it fucking fancies it'

• Brave hero looks another good horse wins off a strong pace by 5lengyh, severini wins next time out
  • smiffyboy said:

1:40 Fontwell showboater expected to beat the anti post fav

Nice one Smiffy!

Keep 'em coming please!

• cheers smiify showboater
  • Showboater, nice one Smiffy. Only ride at Fontwell for de Boinville.
  • man of harlech wins, happy days got him at 2/1 this morning.
  • Cajun Fiddle 3.30 Wetherby
  • 4:45 kempton Dubai light yard believe he is very well handicapped
  • Sponsored links:

• Waiting on the same horse as 2 weeks ago lets hope he goes better on his 2nd run
  • edited November 2015
    smiffyboy said:

Waiting on the same horse as 2 weeks ago lets hope he goes better on his 2nd run

Ignore what I just said the horse hasn't drifted - I was confusing The Commodatore with Dubawi.

Good luck Smiffy.
  • smiffyboy said:

Waiting on the same horse as 2 weeks ago lets hope he goes better on his 2nd run

Good luck smiffyboy.
    Nice BOG boosting your (potential) win on 2 of those.
  • smiffyboy said:

4:45 kempton Dubai light yard believe he is very well handicapped

3rd. If the winner got away properly it would have won by a mile.
  • Your right, Just fucked 2 of my bets up
  • Drifting like a barge again
  • Unlucky Smiffy, no doubt will win when you least expect it too.
  • edited November 2015
    Anything for today chaps ? Smiffy did you back Greateux bumper winner yesterday ? I feckin didn't, did back Quality Time at Chelmsford who looked very good.
  • Anything for today chaps ? Smiffy did you back Greateux bumper winner yesterday ? I feckin didn't, did back Quality Time at Chelmsford who looked very good.

Yes I was mate on both horses got a text about warrens I normally know about all warrens yard my man is very close to him and Gavin sheenen, just bought into Shanandoa, got text about 2 of his runners today
  • Sponsored links:

• A friend of a friend connected to the stable says
    Pike Corner Cross 5.15 Kempton should win today.
    Done it E/W just in case!

Hiya CostaFortune I work in the stable and the trainer was very disappointed with the run. Horse was too free early on.
    Who is your friend of friend??!
  • Rock On Ruby forced to retire with injury.
    Only twice outside the first 3.
  • For those of you who don't have RUK, they are doing a 12 month Black Friday only deal of £10 per month.

I left them six months ago because I resented having to pay £33 per month for two boxes but have now re-instated my subscription and will watch it on the lap top/desk top when not on my main TV as you are allowed to use up to three different devices to view.

Hiya CostaFortune I work in the stable and the trainer was very disappointed with the run. Horse was too free early on.
    It was actually a friend of the owner and they will be an ex-friend of mine if they give me any more tips that come 10th!
    Hopefully it will do better next time.

Sorry to anyone who followed my advice.
  • smiffyboy said:

Anything for today chaps ? Smiffy did you back Greateux bumper winner yesterday ? I feckin didn't, did back Quality Time at Chelmsford who looked very good.

Yes I was mate on both horses got a text about warrens I normally know about all warrens yard my man is very close to him and Gavin sheenen, just bought into Shanandoa, got text about 2 of his runners today
    Missed Approach very impressive. Nice one mate.
  • edited November 2015
    Nice winner Cold as Ice 6:45 wolves
  • smiffyboy said:

Well done Smiffy!
  • Christmas is coming gotta get the winners in otherwise the turkey will become chicken drumsticks

It was actually a friend of the owner and they will be an ex-friend of mine if they give me any more tips that come 10th!
    Hopefully it will do better next time.

Sorry to anyone who followed my advice.
    No need to apologise. People can choose to back tips or otherwise. It's one of the reasons I don't like to put selections up because I hate it when they run appalling badly. In fact I had to have counselling some 30 years ago following an incident I've never really got over.

I used to own a very small part horse trained by former champion jockey and national winner, Graham Thorner called Sam Shorrock. The horse had shown next to nothing to date and was set to run at Towcester but with no vibes from the trainer I chose not to go and just had a fiver EW purely out of common decency to the horse.

In a seven runner race Sam was the 66/1 outsider (God know what it would have been had Betfair been around in those days). I made sure that I told all the regulars in my local bookies not to waste their money backing the nag as it had no chance whatsoever (it was the Coomes opposite the Welling ground for those that remember it as I was then libing in Bexleyheath).

Anyway, in those days there were, of course, no pictures and we had to rely on the racecourse radio commentary. The jockey on Sam tried to make all and passing the line after the first circuit the horse was still in front but, rather knowingly, I reassured my fellow punters that it would soon hit a brick wall. And sure enough a minute or so later the commentator was heard to say "and Sam Shorrock is beginning to find the going tough and is being passed by the field."

At that point I elected to study the form for the next race, rather relieved that I'd only lost a tenner on the nag and that I hadn't put anyone away. Imagine my horror when the commentator screamed "and jumping the last the favourite is clear .......but hold on Sam Shorrock has rallied and is staying on again from miles back............it's Sam Shorrock who takes it on the line." Needless to say I didn't show my face in that bookies for a good few months.

A couple of years ago I saw Thorner at Lingfield as he was at that time assistant to Andy Turnell. I reminisced with him about that day and his response was "I remembered it well because I thought he had a good chance at the course with the testing going in his favour too". "Lovely to see you again Graham" was my somewhat polite response as it took all my strength not to say what I really thought.