Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• smiffyboy said:

These are the odds I got

Fucking hell how dodgey, one has pulled up and one has finished nearly 100 lengths last.
  • Nicholas said:

smiffyboy said:

These are the odds I got

Fucking hell how dodgey, one has pulled up and one has finished nearly 100 lengths last.
    Sheena's no Barney ;-)
  • Bookies rumour?
  • edited November 2015

Bookies rumour?

Tight-mouthed Larry?? I very much doubt it - more likely either knocking out the prices of other fancied runners or the connections backed them all last night at smiffy's prices and then laid them back on betfair locking in a profit (or just laid them on betfair at significantly under the odds).
  • Bookies rumour?

No - I believe the owner admitted he was on at big prices. BUT it only takes a few fiver accas overnight for them to run scared. And whilst they will never return a book to sensible margins doing so, there will still be a bit of value around if you choose to discount those horses.
  • The laying off is more than lightly the answer.Noonan another winner for Honeyball,7 from 18 rides the last 8 rides have finished 11131141
  • Ive done 3 horses today, the first two already mentioned and another £5 on at 11/2. all won. £20 win treble would of returned £5850.......................................................
  • done a double on san benedeto and present man, hopefully he can bolt up.

bollocks.
  • Haha what a load of old bollox that was was stuck in meetings so never got a chance to watch any of it was just gutted that when I checked my account it was missing 43k oh well only a tenner lost roll on tomorrow or Chelmsford in a bit actually
  • And in reply to cashing out a hard one to call if 10k was offered but the fact 3 had won and it was down to the last leg I probably would of let it run as a coup must of been on the cards
  • Sponsored links:

• The irony of this "gamble" is that Sheena West's horses had been in good form (two wins and two seconds from previous five runners). These four finished PU, 9/9, 9/10 & 16/16 so managed to beat one horse between them!
  • Unreal luck today
  • What's everyone's selections for today?
  • done my usual 10p a line multiple
    all at haydock

12.50 Oscar blue
    13.55 mardale
    15.05 caldomfed
    15.40 du soleil

and had a single bet on doctor phoenix in the 13.20.
  • Squire Trelawney @ 4/1 Ascot 2.40
  • I've done El Namoose in the 1.30 @ Ascot & Minella Rocco in the 2.30 @ Haydock. Win double.
  • Confident selection - What's the Scoop - Ascot 1.00

Would also agree with cafc4life with El Namoose in the 1.30
  • Squire Trelawney @ 4/1 Ascot 2.40

And Cloonacool in the Ascot 3.50 @ 5/1
  • bobmunro said:

Confident selection - What's the Scoop - Ascot 1.00

Would also agree with cafc4life with El Namoose in the 1.30

Just to put the mockers on El Namoose I am already on that too.

However, have opposed What's The Scoop with He's A Charmer. As well bred as Nicky Henderson's gelding is, I'm slightly reluctant to back, at the first time of asking, a relation of Harchibald who was a great horse but definitely had his own ideas about the game. As a side note, the "family" connection runs a bit deeper here Peter Carberry rides WTS and his brother, Paul, rode Harchibald to its first success.

Good luck all.

• doctor phoenix ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Kilcrea Vale falls two out when in front.

Nicky Henderson, my all time favourite trainer, could do with getting a retained top jockey. I have no doubt that Nico De Boinville will be very good but with all his horses being spread between him, McGrath, Tinkler, Bass, Carberry, Geraghty (when available) etc etc there really isn't any continuity. And that can't be good for the owners/calibre of horse he's handling.

• Just thought id throw this out there today as some of you know i do this for a living so here are my bets today.I won't put the stakes i do and in no way are these tips,just wanted some feedback as will hopefully be opening a blog on a website up soon,all prices are BOG.
    EXETER
    1.00 Gone To The Party 40/1
    1.30 Ubaltique 5/1
    3.30 La Sacre 16/1
    4.00 Legion De Honneur 3/1
    Oscar Praire 5/1
    UTTOXETER
    1.50 Petit Ecuyer 16/1
    2.20 Fleet Dawn 28/1
    3.20 Wellworth 33/1
    Also at Uttoxeter i have bought all the racecard number ones at 57,points scoring is 25pts winner 10pts second 5pts third
    Good luck with all that a dabbling today,also Noonan rides for Honeyball today I've mentioned there record many times but have no info on horse.......Exeter 2.30 And a De Grissay
  • Sorry left another spread bet off at Exeter only because the winner jogged my memory!!! Bought the following horses at 59,again points scored as follows winner 25pts second 10pts third 5pts
    Exeter
    1.00 Airpur Desbois
    1.30 De Faoithesdream
    2.00 Fletchers Flyer
    2.30 Admiral Blake
    3.00 Swincombe Toby
    3.30 St Dominick
    4.00 Its A Long Road
  • Backing Birmingham worked see if I can back Ipswich for hattrick.arsenal Celtic and man city let me down as well
  • A friend of a friend connected to the stable says
    Pike Corner Cross 5.15 Kempton should win today.
    Done it E/W just in case!
  • Always welcome running in the 12.00 at Lingfield
  • Noonan has one for Honeyball today,Fontwell 2.10 City Supreme
  • cafc4life said:

Always welcome running in the 12.00 at Lingfield

2nd again.
  • Backed next stage looks a tidy horse
  • 1:40 Fontwell showboater expected to beat the anti post fav