Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General MYTHS that annoy you

Comments

• Options

uncle said:

Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Johnson. All regular England players from around the same era. So before you start spouting bollox have a little think. How many other clubs had that many players playing for England at any one time? I'm guessing not to bloody many. So it wasn't a bad academy after all.

Yeah but where are they now?
    As far as I'm aware at least up till last season they were all still plying their trade? Not sure I see your point

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Johnson and not forgetting Defoe.

Your point is ? Local kids done well - "The West Ham Way" - what,where,when?
    No, you mis-understand, Defoe quite often is said to have been another product of their system.
    IMO all five developed as players post West Ham.
    Rio was often derided for his decision making, nobody thought Frank would turn into the player he did at Chelsea. Cole flattered to deceive. Carrick only went to a big club after he became a player at Spurs. Johnson went to 34 clubs before settling down. Theory checks out.
    Oh so it was a crap academy for producing that batch of players.... Jesus Christ, you couldn't make it up. Is everyone 7 years old on here or just mental?

• Options

No, you mis-understand, Defoe quite often is said to have been another product of their system.

As will be the case of everyone that leaves Charlton academy for bigger and better things. When young players leave they are pretty much going to develop more. Jenkinson became a better player at arsenal, jonjo became a better player at liverpool, defoe became a better player at west ham.... It would be strange if they never. Does that mean charlton didn't produce them? Oh it's only if it's west ham players.
  • Options
    Your charlton anyway what you worried about a bunch of irons for
  • Options

Your charlton anyway what you worried about a bunch of irons for

Oh I'm not worried, just cant stand all the shite people come out with. Anyway, how's you, you ugly fecker
  • Options

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Devonshire

Played for West Ham but wiki might need some correction
  • Options

You obviously haven't read that properly have you my little friend.... Here, let me help you, here is the first paragraph...

Alan Ernest Devonshire (born 13 April 1956) is an English former footballer who is the current manager of Braintree Town. He was a wide midfielder who played for West Ham United and Watford where he finished his career. Devonshire won eight caps for England between 1980 and 1983. He subsequently became a manager with Maidenhead United, Hampton & Richmond Borough and his current club, Braintree Town.
  • Options

But bless you for trying to be all clever.
  • Options
    uncle said:

You obviously haven't read that properly have you my little friend.... Here, let me help you, here is the first paragraph...

Alan Ernest Devonshire (born 13 April 1956) is an English former footballer who is the current manager of Braintree Town. He was a wide midfielder who played for West Ham United and Watford where he finished his career. Devonshire won eight caps for England between 1980 and 1983. He subsequently became a manager with Maidenhead United, Hampton & Richmond Borough and his current club, Braintree Town.
    Wow, only 8 caps in 3 years for a player as good as Dev was on his day. Who would he have been up against for that position back then, Coppell?
  • Options
    I alright mate smashed in Newquay don't get much better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uncle said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Rio was often derided for his decision making, nobody thought Frank would turn into the player he did at Chelsea. Cole flattered to deceive. Carrick only went to a big club after he became a player at Spurs. Johnson went to 34 clubs before settling down. Theory checks out.
    Oh so it was a crap academy for producing that batch of players.... Jesus Christ, you couldn't make it up. Is everyone 7 years old on here or just mental?

No, everyone's a Charlton fan.

The clue's in the forum name.

• Options
    uncle said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Honestly, I just wish you'd take your anger someplace else. I've enjoyed this thread, but it's been sullied by some really silly angry people.
  • Options
    uncle said:

You're wrong my big friend, I actually read all of it,The blurb on the right hand side under his photo misses the word wide, hence my comment. You might want to log in and insert the word winger.
    uncle said:

I get the feeling from your last few posts there's a lot of anger in you.
  • Options

I alright mate smashed in Newquay don't get much better

Hahaha you there on Hols?

• Options
    Redskin said:

uncle said:

JiMMy 85 said:

No, everyone's a Charlton fan.

The clue's in the forum name.

Actually not everyone on charlton life is a Charlton fan, there are many that are not and we are now discussing West Ham so your point is?

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

uncle said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Honestly, I just wish you'd take your anger someplace else. I've enjoyed this thread, but it's been sullied by some really silly angry people.
    I don't have anger, just a different view to you. If you would like my views to stop then stop quoting what I say. Your views imho are pathetic but you are entitled to them. You seem to think that although they all came from the west ham academy there success and talent is nothing to do with west ham. Yet everyone on here wants to claim defoe is a product of charlton despite leaving so young... Absolute tosh! You can't have all ways
  • Options

uncle said:

You're wrong my big friend, I actually read all of it,The blurb on the right hand side under his photo misses the word wide, hence my comment. You might want to log in and insert the word winger.
    uncle said:

I get the feeling from your last few posts there's a lot of anger in you.
    I don't need to log in to insert anything. Having not missed a west ham match home or away in the 80's I think I am more than able to know where someone played without having to use the internet to find out

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fun thread ruined. Hush now uncle.
  • Options
    uncle said:

Greenie said:

uncle said:

A winger is completely different to a central midfield player so should not be compared. Why did you not pick 2 other wingers from around that time that he was nothing compared to?

What with you obviously being someone that doesn't like West Ham would choose hoddle.

Your so calked great academy is still a myth though!
    And you didnt win the World Cup!

My so calked?? I didn't play in the world cup but if you want to talk bollox for a while I can do that. West Ham did have a very good academy and if you think they didn't you are talking out of your arse.

Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Johnson. All regular England players from around the same era. So before you start spouting bollox have a little think. How many other clubs had that many players playing for England at any one time? I'm guessing not to bloody many. So it wasn't a bad academy after all.
    Someone needs a hug!
    Looking at the 4-5 good players produced by your academy who played for England at the same time, it happened in one small window. Its not been consistent enough to call it The Academy of Football and for Irons fans to keep rattling on about it as if only West Ham produce academy footballers.
  • Options
    Everyone has a double somewhere in the world
  • Options
    That one in every five people is Chinese. I sat in a pub with 32 other people the other night, and not one of them was Oriental...
  • Options
    For people that "don't give a rats ass" and "don't give a fuck" You've spent a hell of a lot of time going on about it. So I have to hush or be run out of town because I don't agree with all you little cyber bullies. Hahaha get a life you nobs.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    How many times ? - what team / era best represent the West Ham way ? - to quote you (roughly) "its not rocket science", proper cyber bully (k)nob me.

EDIT: just remembered, said I wasn't posting again on this thread, apologies - ciao
  • Options
    uncle said:

Greenie said:

uncle said:

A winger is completely different to a central midfield player so should not be compared. Why did you not pick 2 other wingers from around that time that he was nothing compared to?

What with you obviously being someone that doesn't like West Ham would choose hoddle.

Your so calked great academy is still a myth though!
    And you didnt win the World Cup!

My so calked?? I didn't play in the world cup but if you want to talk bollox for a while I can do that. West Ham did have a very good academy and if you think they didn't you are talking out of your arse.

Beckham butt scholes and the nevilles
  • Options
    Crisp bags are made to look bigger than the contents require. Not entirely true, they are filled with gas to keep the crisps crispy.
  • Options

Everyone has a double somewhere in the world

Mind you I had a large Whisky in Tokyo and it cost me £24