Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General MYTHS that annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Bullocks. They taste nice.
  • Options
    I've got no problem with the guy posting at all but you are right, he freaks me right out!
  • Options
    I agree with Redskin, SH2 is a good part of the tapestry, and makes a nice change from a lot of us who post from a kind of urban perspective.
    I don't really agree with the sort of Christian Science approach to the health stuff, but I do also recognise that health is affected by amounts on personal imbalance.
    I reckon tolerance is a healthy choice when it can be attained.
  • Options
    Yet he is the most intolerant ....
  • Options
    Redskin said:

I think SH2tropics is getting a rough deal on here.

He's being called a troll and given a countdown to being banned by Irving, and freaking out VG.

He's a bit different is all, not abusive, just a little at odds to what you find comfortable.

This place becomes more conservative by the day.

Maybe, because he's already been banned at least twice to my knowledge for his trolling and will be a luckybstrd to escape his hat-trick.
  • Options
    Low fat foods will make you thin. Fruit will make you thin. Coke zero will make you thin.
  • Options
    I don't mind Sh2 talking about his beliefs just because they are different than most people. However he does come off a bit arrogant and sanctimonious. He reminds me of a lot of people I have known with similar viewpoints fueled by Internet research and reading books by individuals with alternative degrees. I don't mind the views and agree with some if them but wish they weren't so "certain" about everything without considering the counter view
  • Options
    Don't see it as trolling, he's talking (quite a lot, granted) about things that are apparently in his field of work and have defined his lifestyle for a large part of his existence, so he is naturally going to have strong opinions on these subjects. Personally I enjoy his contributions, I enjoy the classic bagging he gets from the likes of CharltonKeston (which he takes very well), and I enjoy how surreal it is going on a football forum only to end up reading about bovine mammary secretions.
    I was also enjoying General MYTHS That Annoy You before it was taken off tropic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do you also happen to believe in homeopathy?

absolutely NO on homeopathy scp. it is illogical to expect to reduce cumulative toxicity by introducing more poison, however small or large the dose.
  • Options

Redskin said:

He's being called a troll and given a countdown to being banned by Irving, and freaking out VG.

He's a bit different is all, not abusive, just a little at odds to what you find comfortable.

Maybe, because he's already been banned at least twice to my knowledge for his trolling and will be a luckybstrd to escape his hat-trick.
    So,you're saying he's maybe baby?

I doubt it.

AFKA or someone in admin. could easily verify this by seeing if SH2t is posting from America.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

saying parents are to blame for their children's leukaemia is complete and utter hogwash and has no basis in scientific fact. The only kind of fact that matters in the medical profession.

OH NO milk is government regulated... you realise just about everything we eat is government regulated? Of course, they're doing that so they can poison our food and make us sheep, not to protect us from potential harmful chemicals that can leak into these foods (!!!)

“I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie, there is no system, the universe is indifferent.”

SH2tropics is entitled to his views and belief, but to spread it as truth and the truth to be a myth is harmful, especially for vulnerable people who are desperately looking for something to blame for their misfortune and a miracle cure to cure them or the dearest love ones from sometimes life threatening ailments.

Steve Jobs died of a form of pancreatic cancer that was easily treatable, but decided to treat it with fruit. I think that says it all for the dangers of these views being hailed as the real truth rather than "wut were telled by teh gubburmunt"
  • Options

Cow's milk is good for you.

good one aup. a few weeks of blending up coconut water & flesh as a multi-application "milk" alternative, and you would never go back to the profitable poison of bovine mammary secretions, which includes, oh yes, the government regulated (parts per thousand) of pus and blood. sigh, what a silly species we are....

This all day long. Not to mention that bovine milk actually leeches calcium from your bones which as a result has left those nation's that consume the most milk with the highest rates of osteoporosis. Not to mention the damage to the environment that the dairy industry causes.

However, I just really care about the cows and the hell of their lives. It's shameful how they're treated.
    But if we didn't farm them they would only exist in zoos.

As for sh2t, just one straight answer to the many questions that we have posed would be a start...
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Yet he is the most intolerant ....

I am not aware of his previous personas, but if he is the most intolerant, then it takes the challenge of being even more tolerant to a new level...but it can be done.
  • Options
    Maybe @bedsaddick should do a poll of top 5 annoying listers, i reckon i'm an outside bet for #6
  • Options
    without wishing to continue jousting, as for the chief overnight accusations, here a few rapid responses:

a) i have been on here before as lincs/maybe baby and other aka's or interlopers??? : i invite anyone to do a search of my posts to see a diverse range of questions/views etc. that suggest otherwise, or ask the admin my location/origin. but even if it were so, what's the big deal?

b) i am a so-called troll? : if you want to converse with yourself, go the nearest mirror; however, isn't this a forum? i am merely a person who constantly questions everything in reviewing and refining my path and the world i inhabit. i am newly inhabiting charlton life because i am a charlton fanatic, however, i can move on if unwelcome. btw, i really appreciate those who can see i mean well, while not agreeing wholesale with my posts.

c) i do not provide quick/straight answers? : sorry that my explanations are nebulous for you, algarve. unlike the prevailing medical model, i seek to provide context and understanding in highlighting an optimal way of life, which in turn requires a re-assessment of deeply held beliefs.

d) steve jobs? : i don't know the full details are where he was and how he arrived there, and so, i cannot provide a view as to why he developed acute and then, chronic symptoms, and eventually passed on. what i do know, is that if we continue to contravene the laws of nature, then our bodies will eventually run out of protective options, and thereby elect to efficiently move back to the earth, and begin the life-giving process once again in a new form.

e) if we didn't enslave, commodify and murder cows and other non-human animals, their only refuge would be zoos : there is so much wrong with that assertion, that i don't know where to begin, without taking up pages. how about for a start, see all life as YOU, and personalize your relationship with those you so easily/lazily dismiss; and in putting yourself in the shoes of others, employ some basic compassion & empathy? or at least care for your own health, and live accordingly. zoos are prison camps. did you ever look deep into the prisoner's eyes, and see their broken spirits?

f) the merit of cows milk? : i consumed lakes of cows milk, until as an adult i questioned this aberrant habit, and i soon got it. yum yum, blood and pus filled secretions from scabby/dis-eased teats anyone? even calves don't consume their mother's breast milk after weaning, let alone another completely unrelated species doing so. if breast milk is so wonderful and vital to you beyond continuing a misguided habit, then at least stick to your own species. furthermore, to be very clear/straight algarve, unless we are biologically adapted and naturally designed to consume a substance, then by definition it is a poison for us. this basic rule is the same for all sentient beings, except nature's "clean-up crew", ie those invaluable, efficient & effective consumers of waste, eg. ants, rats, cockroaches, bacteria and other micro-organisms.

in summary, i mean well, and with certain issues such as health, i have witnessed such transformation that it is hard to temper my enthusiasm for methods that seem to just work! i am so confident that my clients receive a money back guarantee! how many practitioners in the field of health offer such an assurance?!?! albeit, that i do admit, some of my posts are polemic, but hey, i am far from the finished article, and i often irritate myself, so can fully understand how others might feel similarly.
  • Options

Captain Pugwash crew members were roger the cabin boy and master mates.

It didn't, but the myth ruined the creator financially.

ahhhh, thx smudge, captain pugwash, right up there with andy pandy, spotty dog and bill & ben as super-heroes of my early childhood!
  • Options
    vague, but nebulous sounds much more fun/kosmik maaan!
  • Options

without wishing to continue jousting, as for the chief overnight accusations, here a few rapid responses:

a) i have been on here before as lincs/maybe baby and other aka's or interlopers??? : i invite anyone to do a search of my posts to see a diverse range of questions/views etc. that suggest otherwise, or ask the admin my location/origin. but even if it were so, what's the big deal?

b) i am a so-called troll? : if you want to converse with yourself, go the nearest mirror; however, isn't this a forum? i am merely a person who constantly questions everything in reviewing and refining my path and the world i inhabit. i am newly inhabiting charlton life because i am a charlton fanatic, however, i can move on if unwelcome. btw, i really appreciate those who can see i mean well, while not agreeing wholesale with my posts.

c) i do not provide quick/straight answers? : sorry that my explanations are nebulous for you, algarve. unlike the prevailing medical model, i seek to provide context and understanding in highlighting an optimal way of life, which in turn requires a re-assessment of deeply held beliefs.

d) steve jobs? : i don't know the full details are where he was and how he arrived there, and so, i cannot provide a view as to why he developed acute and then, chronic symptoms, and eventually passed on. what i do know, is that if we continue to contravene the laws of nature, then our bodies will eventually run out of protective options, and thereby elect to efficiently move back to the earth, and begin the life-giving process once again in a new form.

e) if we didn't enslave, commodify and murder cows and other non-human animals, their only refuge would be zoos : there is so much wrong with that assertion, that i don't know where to begin, without taking up pages. how about for a start, see all life as YOU, and personalize your relationship with those you so easily/lazily dismiss; and in putting yourself in the shoes of others, employ some basic compassion & empathy? or at least care for your own health, and live accordingly. zoos are prison camps. did you ever look deep into the prisoner's eyes, and see their broken spirits?

f) the merit of cows milk? : i consumed lakes of cows milk, until as an adult i questioned this aberrant habit, and i soon got it. yum yum, blood and pus filled secretions from scabby/dis-eased teats anyone? even calves don't consume their mother's breast milk after weaning, let alone another completely unrelated species doing so. if breast milk is so wonderful and vital to you beyond continuing a misguided habit, then at least stick to your own species. furthermore, to be very clear/straight algarve, unless we are biologically adapted and naturally designed to consume a substance, then by definition it is a poison for us. this basic rule is the same for all sentient beings, except nature's "clean-up crew", ie those invaluable, efficient & effective consumers of waste, eg. ants, rats, cockroaches, bacteria and other micro-organisms.

in summary, i mean well, and with certain issues such as health, i have witnessed such transformation that it is hard to temper my enthusiasm for methods that seem to just work! i am so confident that my clients receive a money back guarantee! how many practitioners in the field of health offer such an assurance?!?! albeit, that i do admit, some of my posts are polemic, but hey, i am far from the finished article, and i often irritate myself, so can fully understand how others might feel similarly.

a whole wall of text and not a shred of evidence or statistics there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i can debate so-called science and science believers all day and night, (and have done all too often), but that tends to descend into a battle of data and statistics which can always be manipulated. i prefer to go by personal or observed evidence, kentaddick, as we must all do...and i look around and sigh at the sad evidence of our modern industrialized lifestyle choices. i just have to look in the mirror, and then in sharp contrast, think of the magnificent non-humyn beings in their wild habitat.

we are most definitely a very clever species, but by any measurement, we are the least intelligent animal on the planet, in that we fail to serve our most basic physiological needs, (of appropriate type/volume of air, rest, movement, sunlight, food & water)....but hey, this could go back and forward even further, so "each to their own", although i wish within that axiom, there was some room for compassionate care of/for other beings/our shared earth, at the same time.
  • Options
    we are most definitely a very clever species, but by any measurement, we are the least intelligent animal on the planet, in that we fail to serve our most basic physiological needs, (of appropriate type/volume of air, rest, movement, sunlight, food & water)....but hey, this could go back and forward even further, so "each to their own", although i wish within that axiom, there was some room for compassionate care of/for other beings/our shared earth, at the same time.

What a load of claptrap.....
  • Options
    more myths that annoy? christopher columbus as heroic explorer, instead of a murderous invader lost at sea. the complete myth of "thanksgiving" - in both cases, pity the native american peoples, who, after their genocide/ethnic cleanse, now largely invisible/relegated to the middle of nowhere...
  • Options

more myths that annoy? christopher columbus as heroic explorer, instead of a murderous invader lost at sea. the complete myth of "thanksgiving" - in both cases, pity the native american peoples, who, after their genocide/ethnic cleanse, now largely invisible/relegated to the middle of nowhere...

I've asked this before but got no answer.

Why do you live in America when you seem to hate the country and its people so much?

It wouldn't be because some are gullable enough to buy all your healthy spiritual peace man bullshit?
  • Options

I've asked this before but got no answer.

Why do you live in America when you seem to hate the country and its people so much?

It wouldn't be because some are gullable enough to buy all your healthy spiritual peace man bullshit?
    easy vg, what's so odd about health, peace, love & understanding;>) virtually 100% of people who come my way are via referrals, which humbly i feel, speaks volumes. why i live here? i have answered this in a number of threads, despite the american way of smug entitlement, lost angles offers warmth & sunshine, the best support for a raw/vegan of any place that can also provide a living for health practitioners, ie. early morning/fresh/organic fruit/veg street/ farmers markets, 7 days a week within 20 mins of where i live, + many raw/vegan restaurants, some good friends + i moved here for a new womyn when in the video business and stayed, & radically changed life-course, though the charlton devotion lives on, much to the luv's annoyance sometimes...:>)
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

sholland said:

One that I get every single day at work is students ringing up saying ' I'm a student and I've paid tax on my wages and students don't pay tax.'
    Sorry to say you do, it's a myth that goes around university's and colleges that you don't. Most students don't earn enought in a tax year to pay tax but on a week by week or month by month basis they often will.

Isn't your last bit the point though? What they're really saying is, I'm a full time student, there's no way I'll earn £10k this year?
    They seem to think you pay no tax until you hit 10k in earnings, but the personal allowance is split into weekly or monthly chunks depending how often you get paid. So if you earn over £192.30p a week you will pay tax £10,000 / 52 = £192.30. This is how the tax tables work but as tax codes are no part of the school curriculum most young people are taught by myth and rumour unless parents or employers teach them. They can claim the tax back early by filling in a P50 but only if they stop working before end of tax year.
  • Options

Wouldn't it have been easier to buy a sunbed and move next door to a green grocer?

I think that's the funniest non-innuendo you've ever come up with.