Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General MYTHS that annoy you

Comments

• Options

The myth that everyone who lives north of Watford has an outside toilet. I've lived up north for thirty five years and I have never used an outside toilet. Though I have pissed in a watering can in my shed once. Desperate times and all that.

Shouldn't you be down t' pit?

Would be but Thatcher closed 'em all.
  • Options
    Where else do you piss when you've been down the pub, had 10 pints and got absolutely plastered?
  • Options

Where else do you piss when you've been down the pub, had 10 pints and got absolutely plastered?

Lol yet another myth. I'm plastered after five these days and my missus is proper handy - she's 100% northern.
  • Options
    coconuts are full of monkeys wee
  • Options
    What nuts have you been playing with @creepyaddick‌ ??
  • Options

The myth that everyone who lives north of Watford has an outside toilet. I've lived up north for thirty five years and I have never used an outside toilet. Though I have pissed in a watering can in my shed once. Desperate times and all that.

Were your pigeons in there at the time?
    No the whippets had eaten them.
  • Options
    One that I get every single day at work is students ringing up saying ' I'm a student and I've paid tax on my wages and students don't pay tax.'
    Sorry to say you do, it's a myth that goes around university's and colleges that you don't. Most students don't earn enought in a tax year to pay tax but on a week by week or month by month basis they often will.
  • Options
    GOD
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Greenie said:

'You can't drink on Antibiotics'
    A myth perpetuated by the forces doctors in WW2, cos so many were getting the clap, so they told them that if they drank on antibiotics they wouldn't work. You can and they do work.
    Not that I've had the clap...ahem...!

Try drinking alcohol on metronidazole and let us know if you still think that it is a myth...
    Ok there is one dental antibiotic!
    But the rest is a myth
  • Options
    Recycling helps!
    An utter myth, while Asia, Russia and the USA are ignoring any save the planet campaigns and in fact spuing out more waste than the rest of the world put together, anyone recycling anything is wasting their time!
    Anyway the world will run out of food long before the ice caps melt!
  • Options

Were your pigeons in there at the time?
    That's just silly, BOC

Everyone knows you don't keep pigeons in a watering can.

• Options
    Morrisey he annoys me!
  • Options
    Would you recycle Morrissey Greenie?
  • Options
    the rich get richer and as a result the poor get poorer
  • Options
    sholland said:

One that I get every single day at work is students ringing up saying ' I'm a student and I've paid tax on my wages and students don't pay tax.'
    Sorry to say you do, it's a myth that goes around university's and colleges that you don't. Most students don't earn enought in a tax year to pay tax but on a week by week or month by month basis they often will.

Isn't your last bit the point though? What they're really saying is, I'm a full time student, there's no way I'll earn £10k this year?
  • Options

That Thatcher was benevolent.

You haven't managed to mention your hatred for Margaret Thatcher, in a thread for a while.
    What did she do to you, that has left you so filled with hate ?
  • Options

you kids and your thatcher hating ways!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    She stole the milk that we used to be bullied into drinking by the teachers (when they weren't striking)......
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Great idea for a thread. Although the sun one annoys me. Clearly it's yellow. The colour of something is determined by what colour you see when you view it, not what a scientist tells you it is, based on what can never be truly proven.

Did you hear about that guy whose business was going bust? He was due to get a phone call at 4 o clock to tell him it had been saved but if no phone call came it meant the business was doomed and he had lost everything. 4 o clock came and no phone call so he went to the top of his building and jumped off. As he was passing his window, the phone was ringing.

To be honest the sun one doesn't annoy me, I was just boosting my list a bit. Our atmosphere makes it look yellow, but pics taken from space prove it is what any extremely hot thing is - bright white.
  • Options
    Stig said:

DiscoCAFC said:

99% of stuff posted on Facebook about immigrants and Muslims.

That global warming isn't happening

Why do you think global warming exist's when the science has not even been settled yet?
    You are joking, aren't you?

Climate change is one of the defining issues of our time. It is now more certain than ever, based on many lines of evidence, that humans are changing Earth’s climate”. The Royal Society, Feb 2014

"Most climate scientists agree the main cause of the current global warming trend is human expansion of the greenhouse effect”. NASA, 2014

"Scientific research shows that the climate - that is, the average temperature of the planet's surface - has risen by 0.89 °C from 1901 to 2012. Compared with climate change patterns throughout Earth's history, the rate of temperature rise since the Industrial Revolution is extremely high". The Met Office, February 2014

"It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and nitrous oxide." American Meteorological Society, 2012

"Although the earth’s climate has changed considerably in the past (and will due in the future) because of natural factors, it is very likely that most of the global temperature rise observed since the middle of the last century has been caused by increasing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere from human activities such as fossil-fuel burning'. Royal Meteorological Society, 2014

"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." American Physical Society (2007)

Of the more than 29,000 observational data series, from 75 studies, that show significant change in many physical and biological systems, more than 89% are consistent with the direction of change expected as a response to warming” Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2007

"Climate change is happening now. The U.S. and the world are warming, global sea level is rising, and some types of extreme weather events are becoming more frequent and more severe". US Global Change Research Program, May 2014

Rapid change is unfolding throughout the Arctic: A warming climate is reshaping Arctic ecosystems, causing the loss of sea ice and glaciers, thawing of permafrost, and changing snow patterns”. US National Academy of Sciences, April 2014

"By the end of this century, droughts in Europe are expected to be more frequent and intense due to climate change and increased water use". European Geosciences Union, January 2014

Unfortunately, humanity, through energy generation, changing land use and other processes, has produced a substantial increase in the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, enhancing the natural greenhouse effect, and it is feared that this continuing change will lead to a major shift in global climate”. University of East Anglia, Climatic Research Unit, 2000

"Glaciers are melting, sea levels are rising, cloud forests are drying, and wildlife is scrambling to keep pace. It's becoming clear that humans have caused most of the past century's warming by releasing heat-trapping gases as we power our modern lives. Called greenhouse gases, their levels are higher now than in the last 650,000 years". National Geographic, 2014

"There is an overwhelming scientific consensus worldwide, and a broad political consensus, that greenhouse gas emissions are affecting global climate, and that measures are needed to reduce these emissions significantly so as to limit the extent of climate change". Society of Biology, 2014

"The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." American Association for the Advancement of Science, 2006

"Antarctic ice cores reveal the clearest link between levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and the Earth's temperature. They show that the temperature of the climate and the levels of greenhouse gases are intimately linked". British Antarctic Survey, 2014

"It is clear that major efforts are necessary to quickly and strongly reduce CO2 emissions". European Federation of Geologists, 2008

"Comprehensive scientific assessments of our current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and potentially a very serious problem." American Chemical Society, 2004

"Human‐induced climate change requires urgent action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes." American Geophysical Union, Adopted 2003, revised and reaffirmed 2007, 2012, 2013

"The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2006), and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) account for most of the warming since the middle 1900s." The Geological Society of America (2006; revised 2010)
    yeah, but Nigel Lawson and his GWPF nutters (along with the Daily Mail) says it doesn't exist, so it can't be true.

actually the GWPF are not nutters. Lawson is an neo-liberal arch capitalist who sees such science as getting in the way of him and his mates making money. There is a strong not coincidental link between GWPF and people with a financial interest in fracking companies. Th Global Warming Policy Foundation looks, from the outside, like a cynical attempt to discredit the science that points to global warming to allow through policy which will let them start fracking and make financial gain.
  • Options
    Watching too much TV will make your eyes go square.

Well it would be rectangular these days anyway.
  • Options

run to the stereo & let's all stick on, morrissey's "margaret on the guillotine"

"The kind people
    have a wonderful dream
    Margaret on the guillotine
    because people like you
    make me feel so tired
    when will you die?
    when will you die?
    when will you die?
    when will you die?
    when will you die?"