Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Delort hype

Comments

• Options
    This all rather reminds me of Moo2.
  • Options

A lot of people on here and elsewhere have fallen for agent-driven hype.

If he signs for us (which I doubt) then fine, and lets hope he can deliver. There is no way however that RD is going to sanction the type of money being talked about in the media. And quite right too.

Stop and ask yourself two things

1. We can now find at least 14 clubs linked to him this window. Even in this hysterical bubble, that is a lot. Yet not one are established French First Division clubs. Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd?

2. Does anyone remember another striker whom no one had heard of who had been banging in the goals in a European 2nd division, and big name clubs are after him...Benfica, Villa, West Ham... but we "swooped" and got him from under their noses. I am damn sure RD does and he aint gonna get fooled again.

you say RD isn't going to sanction the sort of fee discussed in the media. Well that fee has ranged from 2m to 5m (EUR). At which point do you say he won't sanction a fee?

Also, it seems we paid around EUR 3m for Vetekole so why wouldn't he pay such a fee again?

I did read of one French Liegue 1 club interested but can't remember who or where.

Agree with the fact though that we have all been sucked in by agent hype and this transfer has been played out in the media, both written and social.

• Options

If he signs for us (which I doubt) then fine, and lets hope he can deliver. There is no way however that RD is going to sanction the type of money being talked about in the media. And quite right too.

1. We can now find at least 14 clubs linked to him this window. Even in this hysterical bubble, that is a lot. Yet not one are established French First Division clubs. Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd?

2. Does anyone remember another striker whom no one had heard of who had been banging in the goals in a European 2nd division, and big name clubs are after him...Benfica, Villa, West Ham... but we "swooped" and got him from under their noses. I am damn sure RD does and he aint gonna get fooled again.

I believe Montpellier have been linked with him and there are an established French first division club
    Do you have a source for Montpelier? Not one of the 14 we have collectively found up to now. It is close to his home town, and you know how fans dream up such connections.

The only two so far named are Rennes and Lens, both promoted. And Lens actually can't sign anyone because of a breach of financial regulations.

I'm not saying the Ligue 1 guys don't rate him. However I would guess that they think the price is ridiculous.
    one of the news stories that have been linked on here somewhere mentioned them
  • Options

I believe Montpellier have been linked with him and there are an established French first division club
    Do you have a source for Montpelier? Not one of the 14 we have collectively found up to now. It is close to his home town, and you know how fans dream up such connections.

The only two so far named are Rennes and Lens, both promoted. And Lens actually can't sign anyone because of a breach of financial regulations.

I'm not saying the Ligue 1 guys don't rate him. However I would guess that they think the price is ridiculous.
    one of the news stories that have been linked on here somewhere mentioned them
    Well the French sites I have read, including L'Equipe, didn't.
  • Options
    Large, Swisdom

Glad you mentioned Vetokele. That is exactly why I am sceptical about Delort.

Vetokele has pedigree. Came through the Belgian system. Plays for an established UCL team. Known to Bob Peeters. You can see how that one got through the RD vetting system. They knew him, they wanted him, they got him, before Sky Sports had even learnt how to spell his name (not sure I have , yet)

Now compare Delort on those criteria. See what I mean? Scouting, my ass. Even Brentford have apparently 'scouted' him.

Agent hype. Don't feed the men in sharp suits.
  • Options
    It's got busy agent written all over it, the whole thing didnt feel right from the beginning and the pant wetting and nonsense on twitter was key to it all

If he comes I welcome him but I just don't think he is coming or truly ever was
  • Options

?!?!?!
  • Options

It's got busy agent written all over it, the whole thing didnt feel right from the beginning and the pant wetting and nonsense on twitter was key to it all

If he comes I welcome him but I just don't think he is coming or truly ever was

I agree, happy if he does, but can't see it happening now.
  • Options

What did I do!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @osobleahmed on Twitter saying it'll be announced today.

@LeonWoolnough Delort will be announced today. Igor Vetokele's goal v Portsmouth was superb. Tuncudean looks decent. #cafc
  • Options
    his photo has just been taken at the valley with Scarf and all!
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Our strikers couldnt score last year

Igor looks like he can score

Delort looks like he can score

2 goal scorers can be the difference between any of relegated/stay up/top half/playoffs

Fact

We had to watch some real shite last year so like a man desparate for a drink even the tiniest drop of water is worth getting excited about.

This^^^
  • Options
    Now that Reza is gone I'm sure there are plenty of strikers around Europe rated €1.5-2m who can be secured. Or perhaps we get one on loan in September? One thing is for sure: Meire/Peeters announce they are looking to land x players...and within a week or two these players arrive.
    CAFC is going somewhere at long last and I expect there will be two more signings as announced and more players in January.
  • Options
    http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Indre/Sport/Dossiers-sport/n/Contenus/Dossiers/Sport/Football-Ligue-2/Tours-FC&prev=/search?q=delort&client=firefox-a&hs=IUM&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&biw=1440&bih=763&tbs=qdr:h

According to his entourage, Andy Delort has agreed with an English club, but TFC has not given its approval. A nice muddle.

Really hard to see clearly in this perennial transfer Delort. A case that has lasted too long, becoming the bittersweet drama this summer ... The problem is both simple and insoluble, yet: get everyone to agree (TFC player, the player's agent, and club buyer). This is further complicated, apparently, because there would be counselors and staff around Andy Delort has never been better name (Delort, gold ...). This should not be easy for the attacker to keep a cool head ...

According to an English source, TFC was not far to agree with Brentford that accesses the Touraine proposals with fringe benefits more than interesting. Jean-Luc Ettori would go to London to study, or finalize these proposals. But the deal fell apart at the last moment, the entourage of the player who apparently set the bar too high. And TFC would have remained stuck to his original positions.
    Apparently Charlton also entered the dance, but with the financial proposals of those hoped for by far the Touraine club. Nth file sleep! As a reminder, Rennes, Lens, Leeds, Elche (?) Have already been mentioned as drop-off points. No future.
    However, it is time that this endless series that tired, constantly, because it will eventually décrédiliser all stakeholders if it continues.
    Sunday's entourage player has indicated that an agreement had been reached between Andy Delort and an English club. Brentford again or Charlton apparently. But someone close to the case said one or two other clubs would also come to the news, the premise of the seagull and the trawler which inspired, in his time, Eric Cantona ... Indeed, when a trawler holding a fish there is always a seagull happens. Then, a second, a third, a fourth ...
    But the player's agent has assured us that "Andy had this time agreed for good with a club ... but the TFC had to agree. "A" small "detail because TFC claims to have given anything yet ... It goes round in circles.
    However, there is at least one point where the clan Delort and TFC agree: we must find common ground before the end of the week.
    Indeed, it is time for Andy Delort integrate a new club to adapt and find the rhythm. Andy's interest to quickly establish itself as the championships will resume soon and the English media will follow him step by step, more rapacious seagulls ... If this does not answer, he will understand his pain.
    Then TFC interest to complete the deal now. Because once the money obtained by the transfer, he will seek CNOSF, then if approved, will pass before the appeal board 3F. And if the opinion is positive, it will conclude with two or three players that TFC keeps incubator. All before August 31, the date of the end of the summer transfer window. This is not ...
    Ah! the championship (English D2) we forgot starts Saturday by a Brentford - Charlton. It does not just happen ...
    Jean-Éric Zabrodsky
  • Options
    brentford have also given up on him it seems.

perhaps he is being greedy?

• Options
    Praise Delort
    Praise Delort
    Praise Delort and he will score,
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

sauce
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

sauce
    nah mate just as it comes! unless you have some mayo!
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

sauce
    Cheeky!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh good, another thread for Derlot.
  • Options
    My FC Tours supporting mate said 'Il Est Merde' - i've got no idea what that means , but he said it with a smile on his face, so he must be good.
    Has he signed yet?
  • Options

My FC Tours supporting mate said 'Il Est Merde' - i've got no idea what that means , but he said it with a smile on his face, so he must be good.
    Has he signed yet?

Merde means shit
  • Options

Has he signed yet?

Even with my very limited French the phrase sticks out
  • Options
    I'll ask my AC Ajaccio mate what he thinks of him too .
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Has he signed yet?

Merde means shit
    I think it was a joke.......
  • Options

cabbles said:

Has he signed yet?

Merde means shit
    I think it was a joke.......
    :) I'm just so over excited I'm not even reading the full posts anymore....

Completely missed the the reference to FC Tours
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that his name, spelled backwards is TROLED?

I think we've all been had...
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Anyone else notice that his name, spelled backwards is TROLED?

I think we've all been had...

lol! Someone has gone to A LOT of effort then cos they've had to create a Wiki page... Create a YouTube video of some random bloke scoring goals, then they've had to tell L'Equipe AND SkySports that this player exists

(Although saying that SkySports did say once that Premier League clubs were after a Youngster of ours that no one had heard of so actually it is quite possible)