Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do you believe in? ie, Religion? Atheism?

On a scenario basis, of course:

A) I believe in Christianity as I was brought up this way, (Catholic or Protestant).

B) I have another religion. For example, a Buddist.

C) I was not brought up religious but I have followed christianity/Another religion as an adult.

D) I dont have any religious attachment and dont believe in things that can not be 100% confirmed or denied. There are too many holes in the theory of evolution and too many holes in religion. I am, therefore, Agnostic.

E) I am Purely 100% Athiest and think, once your dead, you are dead. All this, the world, is just pure luck and happened by accident without any concious being creating it. Evolution denies religion or any other "fantasy world".

F) Life is too weird to make anykind of actual sense. I dont think too far ahead about it..but suspect there is something out there we are yet to discover about "Life". Evolution might just be a key or part of a gradual discovery to a very big unknown picture.

G) The thought of death terrifies me as I love life too much. I wish I could believe in religion that comes with the heaven feature, but its just not within me to feel that way. Im still hopeful for an "after life" and like the idea of scenario (F)!

H) I was already wearing a little charlton scarf as a fetus. Life, death, beliefs, its irrelevent to me... Im only ere for charlton.

I) I dont give a sh*t

J) Other... (explanation required)

Comments

• Options
    Uh oh, I can see this being closed before long
  • Options
    I give this 5 mins.
  • Options
    E) and K) and SINK)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    J.

And no, an explanation is not required. Matthew 6:5-6 and Qu'ran, 2:256.
  • Options
    There's only one church I go to and that's the church of Simon. Who's with me?
  • Options
    Why would this get sinked? I described in detail what I ment and was respectful and objective enough.

I also didn't say my beliefs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Why would this get sinked? I described in detail what I ment and was respectful and objective enough.

I also didn't say my beliefs.

It's not what you said, it's the inevitable discussion that will follow...
  • Options
    Talal said:

I'll come if it has nice sponge pews.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Talal said:

I'll come if it has nice sponge pews.
    It's all made of sponge my brother, even the wine.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    E (with a bit of G thrown in).
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I see no reason why religion deserves any particular respect in any event. If someone tells you they believe in dragons and wizards would they get the same sort of respect? It's no different.

E) by the way.

• Options
    For the record I believe in dragons and wizards
  • Options
    Load of old shit
  • Options
    (F) - Death scares the absolute shite out of me but I'm not religious in anyway.. think its one of the most dangerous subjects around
  • Options
    I
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know, I don't believe in there being a singular all powerful being to which we are just pawns.

Surely he/she is just a pawn to something greater

And they're a pawn to something even greater

But they're also a pawn to greater beings

Who are pawns to greater beings

Who are probably pawns to greater beings...

Etc

The universe is too vast to fathom.

I would prefer to only care what happens on our little earth in our solar system, I don't even think you have to worry outside of our galaxy.

In other words

I don't fudging know I don't have the capacity to comprehend beyond my life.
  • Options
    C. Father an atheist
    Mother lapsed CofE
    Discovered Catholicism in later life and eternally grateful that I have
  • Options
    Bit of D and F. Not fully convinced by the religious or scientific explanations I've heard so far.
  • Options
    I am a fundamentalist atheist..
  • Options
    E and F. To say we know everything already is foolish.
  • Options
    If the thread opens a can of worms (before being closed), I apologise...dont think it will get like that though.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

If the thread opens a can of worms (before being closed), I apologise...dont think it will get like that though.

I personally dont think anything has been done wrong by starting this thread... At the end of the day I've made my opinions known on the topic just above but at the end of the day its each to their own, if someone believes in something then that is totally their choice, I just have one rule myself which I dont like it when people try to force their religions on me