Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ferguson

Comments

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

What would have been the reaction if the shopkeeper had shot him?

Shot someone for alleged shoplifiting? I'd say that's excessive in the extreme
    The pictures posted by Limeygent don't show an alleged shoplifter though, do they?

Just another bully who thinks he's above the law.

Again though not a justification to shoot and kill someone
    no it's not. What is a justification to shoot and kill some one is when that some one is attempting to shoot and kill you.
  • Options
    this thread is making me absolutely sick
  • Options
    Leuth said:

This is the third comment you've made like this with absolutely no substance. Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

The pictures posted by Limeygent don't show an alleged shoplifter though, do they?

It is in the US, if you perceive your life to be in danger.

which is the whole crux of the arguement.

• Options
    Leuth said:

oh christ

Leuth said:

Screw you AGAIN, AFKA

Leuth said:

having fun trolling there, @Leuth‌?
  • Options
    Interesting, but there's one testimony that we haven't heard and wont hear.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

the criminals ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

the criminals ?
    Which one is "the criminal" ?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

the criminals ?
    the one who committed the crime?

The policeman was found to have not committed a crime. Which is why this thread has been bumped up... Jeeeezz it's like the ched evans thread all over again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

the criminals ?

The policeman was found to have not committed a crime. Which is why this thread has been bumped up... Jeeeezz it's like the ched evans thread all over again.
    Ched Evans was convicted, your missing a key element mate.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

the criminals ?

Ched Evans was convicted, your missing a key element mate.
    i don't think it's possible to convict dead people. It is possible to convict a policeman, but he was found to have not done anything wrong, apart from leaving his mace and stun gun at the station.
  • Options
    Raoul Moat was never convicted of those shootings, but am pretty sure he could be called the criminal.
  • Options
    I have often wondered why policman use the tactic of trying to drag someone from the street,into their car, whilst seated, and through a window.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Raoul Moat was never convicted of those shootings, but am pretty sure he could be called the criminal.

jimmy savile didn't do anything wrong either, since he was never convicted. Obviously.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

It isn't justification. The strong arm robbery part means you have threatened to use your fists. Hardly life threatening.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

It isn't justification. The strong arm robbery part means you have threatened to use your fists. Hardly life threatening.
    wut.

So the police officer should have just let him assualt him and take his gun off him?

....riiiight.

you're either deliberately ignoring the arguements or don't understand. NOBODY is saying he should have been shot for robbing a shop. But say if you're a police officer, you arrive at a scene of a crime and some one attacks you, then attempts to take your gun off you with the idea of using it against you, i think it's fairly justifiable to take drastic and decisive action like firing your weapon at them.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

wut.

So the police officer should have just let him assualt him and take his gun off him?

....riiiight.

you're either deliberately ignoring the arguements or don't understand. NOBODY is saying he should have been shot for robbing a shop. But say if you're a police officer, you arrive at a scene of a crime and some one attacks you, then attempts to take your gun off you with the idea of using it against you, i think it's fairly justifiable to take drastic and decisive action like firing your weapon at them.
    FFS, people love twisting comments on here to suit themselves.

Expand the comment chain and look at the first comment, then follow each comment through logically and see what I was referring to.

Hint, it wasn't the policeman.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

wut.

....riiiight.

FFS, people love twisting comments on here to suit themselves.

Expand the comment chain and look at the first comment, then follow each comment through logically and see what I was referring to.

Hint, it wasn't the policeman.
    but it's the same arguement. One obviously didn't have access to a gun, the other did. But both, under US law would be justified in using a deadly weapon to defend themselves. If you have a problem with that, don't go to the states or go there and lobby the US government.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not the same argument, it's far from the same fucking argument. On the one hand he threatened the shopkeeper on the other he reached through the car window, punched the policeman in the face, grabbed hold of his gun, ran off and then charged at the policeman.
  • Options
    Our police force has been declared institutionally racist and I'm sure the same can be levelled in the US. The officer's evidence in this case sounds barely credible and I fail to understand how no action will be taken against him.
    Police can lie like anyone else and much of what he says doesn't add up. Police in the States seem to be able to shoot with impunity and obviously are never found to be in the wrong - if the officer states I believe my life was in danger that seems to be all that is required.
    Police in the US would't lie would they?
  • Options

Our police force has been declared institutionally racist and I'm sure the same can be levelled in the US. The officer's evidence in this case sounds barely credible and I fail to understand how no action will be taken against him.
    Police can lie like anyone else and much of what he says doesn't add up. Police in the States seem to be able to shoot with impunity and obviously are never found to be in the wrong - if the officer states I believe my life was in danger that seems to be all that is required.
    Police in the US would't lie would they?

other witnesses testimonies either widely contradict what the policeman says or come very close to the policeman's version of events. His story has also been consistent throughout the whole investigation. We can only assume from that that he's telling the truth and some witnesses (who were actually very close to the killed suspect) wanted the policeman to hang for this and made up anything to make him look like the bad one. The policeman's testimony and the forensic evidence also line up, meaning there is quite a large reasonable doubt that he did not commit a crime.

I'm not saying their police isn't instituationally racist, but to tar one man because of the national police force at large is not wise.
    colthe3rd said:

It's not the same argument, it's far from the same fucking argument. On the one hand he threatened the shopkeeper on the other he reached through the car window, punched the policeman in the face, grabbed hold of his gun, ran off and then charged at the policeman.

but it is in the eyes of the law. If you assault some one they have the right to defend themselves, even if that means using a weapon - particularly if you're defending your property. Basically : Don't attack people and you shouldn't be shot.
  • Options

policeman's version of events. His story has also been consistent throughout the whole investigation.

Police have repeatedly contradicted themselves over this. While abruptly releasing a police report on Brown’s robbery at the same time as he disclosed Wilson’s name as the shooter, at a press conference on 15 August, Ferguson’s police chief, Thomas Jackson, seemed to imply that the two incidents were linked. He said Wilson left another call after a description of the robbery suspect “was given over the radio”, and had then encountered Brown.

Yet at a second press conference that day, Jackson said Wilson did not, in fact, know that Brown was a robbery suspect when he made the stop. Asked why, then, had Wilson stopped Brown, Jackson said: “Because he was walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic. That was it.” He repeated this in an interview with CNN. However in an interview the same day with the St Louis Post-Dispatch, Jackson said that having first stopped the friends for jaywalking, Wilson then “saw cigars in Brown’s hand and realised he might be the robber”.

In a coded police radio call, which Wilson has reportedly told authorities he made after the initial stop of Brown and Johnson, he told colleagues: “Put me on Canfield with two. And send me another car.” This was apparently a request for backup, indicating that he may indeed have realised that Brown was the robbery suspect and therefore called for support.

But in the most detailed official police account of the confrontation published so far, no mention was made of the robbery or of Brown being identified as a suspect for it. A set of “preliminary investigative details” given by a detective to a medical examiner at the scene apparently after an initial debriefing of Wilson, and included in the state autopsy of Brown’s body, simply stated that after Wilson asked the friends to move out of the road, Brown “became belligerent towards officer Wilson” and then the struggle ensued.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

policeman's version of events. His story has also been consistent throughout the whole investigation.

Police have repeatedly contradicted themselves over this. While abruptly releasing a police report on Brown’s robbery at the same time as he disclosed Wilson’s name as the shooter, at a press conference on 15 August, Ferguson’s police chief, Thomas Jackson, seemed to imply that the two incidents were linked. He said Wilson left another call after a description of the robbery suspect “was given over the radio”, and had then encountered Brown.

Yet at a second press conference that day, Jackson said Wilson did not, in fact, know that Brown was a robbery suspect when he made the stop. Asked why, then, had Wilson stopped Brown, Jackson said: “Because he was walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic. That was it.” He repeated this in an interview with CNN. However in an interview the same day with the St Louis Post-Dispatch, Jackson said that having first stopped the friends for jaywalking, Wilson then “saw cigars in Brown’s hand and realised he might be the robber”.

In a coded police radio call, which Wilson has reportedly told authorities he made after the initial stop of Brown and Johnson, he told colleagues: “Put me on Canfield with two. And send me another car.” This was apparently a request for backup, indicating that he may indeed have realised that Brown was the robbery suspect and therefore called for support.

But in the most detailed official police account of the confrontation published so far, no mention was made of the robbery or of Brown being identified as a suspect for it. A set of “preliminary investigative details” given by a detective to a medical examiner at the scene apparently after an initial debriefing of Wilson, and included in the state autopsy of Brown’s body, simply stated that after Wilson asked the friends to move out of the road, Brown “became belligerent towards officer Wilson” and then the struggle ensued.
    police is not the officer. The officer's testimony has always remained the same. The police force in question may have handled the press horribly throughout this but the facts dont change.
  • Options

The people of Ferguson aren't rioting for an injustice of Michael Brown. They're rioting cos they are scum and they don't like the police.

Why don't they like the police?

The impression I get from in the UK, that deprived areas are looking for someone to blame. Who better to take it out on than the old bill. Gangs, guns, violence, theft all looked to be clamped down on by the police, so it's hardly a match made in heaven to begin with. I presume its the same in the US. If you replaced all the cops in Ferguson with all black officers, there would still be hatred towards them.

These rioters are just opportunists who are playing up against authority.
    The deprived area with Gangs guns and violence don't like the Police as the Police prevent them earning more money through crime.

Absolutely no fcks would be given by them town folk if a 30 year old Armed Male (not black/white or whatever) shot an unarmed Police officer.

Its an excuse to riot fro the mindless, just like London couple years back.

Fck mine, they lose a Ice Hockey Final or a World Series game and the same thieving fckers come out the woodwork looking to start a riot so they can Loot. Nothing else/

Would love to see a Purge in Ferguson and see how many of them hate the Police
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

police is not the officer. The officer's testimony has always remained the same. The police force in question may have handled the press horribly throughout this but the facts dont change.
    I give up now.
  • Options
    A complete non story, turned into a story purely because of the colour of the skin of the two men involved.

If the guy who had been shot was white, we wouldn't have heard a thing about this. Not a thing.