Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Derby | Tues 19th Aug 2014 | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Seeing as we have scraped a draw with a league 1 side,narrowly beat 10 men Colchester and played badly against Wigan I expect us to continue this shocking start to the season under clueless leadership and win 2-1
    (Both goals will be underserved/offside/deflections and I will resist getting carried away)

Oh and no manner of lavish vegetarian cuisine on offer around the ground, real ale, plastering of heroes over breeezblock walls or investment on the pitch will make up for the west stand upper seats not being replaced, after all the club knew these would be empty and therefore visible.

I think lol but I'm not sure your kidding! If you are kidding that that almost got me ;-)
  • Options

taken from the OPTA performance scores after 2 league matches

...............................Charlton...........Derby
    Defence...................282..................446
    Attack......................253...................89
    Possession..............-171...................95 (yes that is a minus 171)
    Overall Performance 282..................544
    Position....................12th..................2nd

Wilson for Solly and Moussa for Jackson will give us 1-1

I don't get this OPTA lark? Those figures make so little sense!
  • Options
    Impossible to predict. Derby are a good side, still not seen enough from us to know whether we're a good side or not. I'd take a draw.
  • Options
    New team not gelled together yet, interesting times when we do get going especially with a few extras new bodies. Got a feeling we will keep this run going with a Cardiff style comeback from a few years ago but this time 3-2 from 1-2 behind
  • Options
    I think we can nick it by the odd goal but would be happy with a point.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the battle between Bikey and that lump Chris Martin.

Think we will see

---- Henderson ----

Gomez -- Bikey -- TBH -- Wiggins

Gudmundsson -- Buyens -- Jackson -- Cousins

--- Moussa --- Vetokele ---

Pope, Fox, Morro, Wilson, Harriott, Church, Tucudean

Going for another 2-1 home win.
  • Options
    As I said in the Wigan post match thread this is almost a 'free hit' game now that realistically we are not expected to get anything from.

For that reason I expect us to continue our good start with a 2-0 win, goal in each half, igor and George
  • Options
    Want to be proved wrong but can only see this being a 1-1 draw or a Derby win.
  • Options
    I hope for a repeat score as against Wigan and also that Redmidland can stay till the end and hear the winning goal. (I hope it all went well house hunting Saturday).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-4
    The sky is falling!
  • Options

Derby didnt impress me against Carlisle (they fielded a strong side last week) in the League Cup and have only scored 1-goal this season in the league...

Perfect time to face them and after beating Wigan on Saturday the lads should go into the match with plenty of confidence, no reason why we cant steal all three points

I saw them play Rotherham and they didn't outclas the opposition and were ,i.m.h.o, lucky to win.
  • Options
    I can't help but be confident for this one as it is my game back at The Valley so would love a great performance from the boys, although I've said to everyone that a draw would be a good result, so I would be happy with a draw and I think it might be 1-1. Although, was on the Derby fans forum doing a bit of scouting (productive at work as ever) and they seem a bit concerned with their lack of chances created in their opening 3 games. Also that Hughes was being played out of position, hopefully they don't get any of that sorted before tomorrow and we can win 2 or 3-1! :D COYR!

Gudmundson to get his first CAFC goal!
  • Options
    I don't think Will Hughes played in the game at The Valley last season. Glad to see a young talent staying with his local club to get games and experience, rather than leaving to become a highly paid reserve at a big 4 club, though David Perkins will always be the Boris football lookalike
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

taken from the OPTA performance scores after 2 league matches

...............................Charlton...........Derby
    Defence...................282..................446
    Attack......................253...................89
    Possession..............-171...................95 (yes that is a minus 171)
    Overall Performance 282..................544
    Position....................12th..................2nd

Wilson for Solly and Moussa for Jackson will give us 1-1

I don't get this OPTA lark? Those figures make so little sense!
    Our possession first half vs Brentford was pitiful and we were lucky to go in 0-0. Since then we've scored seven goals in two and a half matches. And that time has been vital for the team and Peeters
    Unless we play a five in midfield, I can't see Jackson starting as Derby midfield is scary good...they may have scored only once but they've had 21 chances in two games...about the same as us? Gomez and Fox to make an appearance at some point?
    Keep these games coming thick and fast and it will be good to see a new look CAFC against another top team. As some have said any kind of result will be a bonus and will set us up nicely for the rest of the month.
  • Options
    Why not 2-1 again.
  • Options
    Pope
    Gomes Bikey TBH Wiggins
    Wilson Cuz Buyens Gudmunsson
    Tucadean Vetokele

I think Hughes is over-hyped and they miss crocked George Thorne who dragged them into play offs. 3-0 Addicks.
  • Options
    4-1 seriously this team could have had this score line on Sat... Think the two changes would be Gomez for Solly and Wilson for JJ with JJ coming in at the 2nd half...
  • Options
    Can you buy tickets on the night?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Can you buy tickets on the night?

Of course.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can anyone explain those opta points for me please?
  • Options
    They outclassed us last season when we played them up there. A very good team are Derby, maybe the best in the division that didn't go up last year. However, this is a new season and we have a much better team now. And, maybe we're playing them at a good time. I would be quite happy with a draw actually. So, I'm going for 1-1. Anything more for us and I'll be ecstatic.
  • Options
    Cant see us not scoring at the moment, we just look a bit more dangerous and with options off the bench anything could happen.

2-2
  • Options

Can anyone explain those opta points for me please?

Opta collect 99% of its data live and checks all key events (shot, goal, assist) immediately post match. They then perform a full quality control using a different team of analysts within 24 hours - that's the official description.

Opta are used by the majority of leading football clubs and media outlets, they analyse the actions of every player on the pitch and give them and the team an overall mark depending on defence, attack and possession. They also break down the information in great detail so a club can ascertain exactly what each of their players has been doing statistically during the match - how they do itI have no idea.
  • Options
    Do those OPTA figures mean we've not had much possession then?
  • Options
    Quietly optimistic, anything more than a draw would be incredible, but a point would be good.

Like others, I can see it being 1-1.

For this game especially I'd like to see us pack the midfield, Buyens/Cousins/Jacko or Buyens/Cousins/(other). Cut out the short possession football and make them play into the hands of Bikey and TBH.

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Seeing as we have scraped a draw with a league 1 side,narrowly beat 10 men Colchester and played badly against Wigan I expect us to continue this shocking start to the season under clueless leadership and win 2-1
    (Both goals will be underserved/offside/deflections and I will resist getting carried away)

Oh and no manner of lavish vegetarian cuisine on offer around the ground, real ale, plastering of heroes over breeezblock walls or investment on the pitch will make up for the west stand upper seats not being replaced, after all the club knew these would be empty and therefore visible.

Was going to flag you for this but you would only of enjoyed that!

Good post.
  • Options
    Derby were the best footballing side last season and I think will be again. It will be interesting to see how we play against them. We were well beaten in both games last season losing 2-0 and 3-0. A deserved draw would definitely show good progress.

I think our front two will have to hold possession better than they did on Saturday otherwise the ball will keep coming back and Derby will make us pay. If Solly doesn't play then I think Wilson will, Gudmumdsson wide right with Cousins continuing wide left.
  • Options
    1-1 would be a great result and a win for the Addicks would have me skipping to work on Wednesday morning singing "Zippedee doo dah..."
  • Options
    Big game for pope