Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Derby | Tues 19th Aug 2014 | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options

Big game for pope

I think his sweeping ability will allow TBH & Bikey to push further up which will give us more control in midfield.
  • Options
    Just got bac k off my hols so it's my first game of the season. - so a loss it is then 1-2
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options
    3-2
  • Options
    Rob said:

They outclassed us last season when we played them up there. A very good team are Derby, maybe the best in the division that didn't go up last year. However, this is a new season and we have a much better team now. And, maybe we're playing them at a good time. I would be quite happy with a draw actually. So, I'm going for 1-1. Anything more for us and I'll be ecstatic.

Really? I remember thinking they were distinctly average and we were well in it until a late deflected free kick. Their fans were acting like deluded morons on the train home too.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic

12 Alnwick
    23 Wilson (Sordell - 85' )
    16 Wiggins
    05 Morrison
    06 Dervite
    24 Cousins
    07 Green (Harriott - 65' )
    08 Stephens
    14 Pritchard (Church - 65' )
    32 Stewart
    18 Kermorgant

Substitutes

03 Evina
    09 Church
    10 Sordell
    11 Harriott
    15 Wood
    20 Solly
    30 Pope
  • Options

Can anyone explain those opta points for me please?

Opta collect 99% of its data live and checks all key events (shot, goal, assist) immediately post match. They then perform a full quality control using a different team of analysts within 24 hours - that's the official description.

Opta are used by the majority of leading football clubs and media outlets, they analyse the actions of every player on the pitch and give them and the team an overall mark depending on defence, attack and possession. They also break down the information in great detail so a club can ascertain exactly what each of their players has been doing statistically during the match - how they do itI have no idea.
    Basically theyre total made-up bollocks. They said that Buyens was by far the worst player on the pitch and Wigggins was one of our best
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Rob said:

They outclassed us last season when we played them up there. A very good team are Derby, maybe the best in the division that didn't go up last year. However, this is a new season and we have a much better team now. And, maybe we're playing them at a good time. I would be quite happy with a draw actually. So, I'm going for 1-1. Anything more for us and I'll be ecstatic.

Really? I remember thinking they were distinctly average and we were well in it until a late deflected free kick. Their fans were acting like deluded morons on the train home too.
    We saw a different game then. The same for Brighton the following week. That was at the time when I think Riga was picking the games he thought we could win because they were coming thick and fast.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope starting
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The heavens to piss it down on McLaren without a brolly in sight, and Big Bob to take offence to Steve's muddled Dutch accent whilst shouting instructions to his players. Thus igniting a deep rooted Flemish passion in Bob of borders gone by. Bob goes one step further than he did with Uwe on Saturday, floors McLaren, sits on his head and farts on him. As this is happening Vetokele breaks through in the 71st min, latching onto a Buyens through ball in front of the covered end
    and calmly chips their goalie. 1-0 addicks

Seems pretty likely actually.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90

• Options
    My 1st game tonight.. must say I'm extremely nothing better then a home win under the valley lights!

COYR

** PS im excited to see what the stadium looks like now
  • Options
    Lineup from the Original Post is my predicted line up

result
    2-1 Derby-Vetokele with our goal
  • Options

Charlton Athletic

12 Alnwick
    16 Wiggins
    05 Morrison
    06 Dervite
    24 Cousins
    08 Stephens
    32 Stewart
    18 Kermorgant

Substitutes

03 Evina
    09 Church
    10 Sordell
    11 Harriott
    15 Wood
    20 Solly
    30 Pope

When you think of what we have now, how did that team manage to stay up?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

cabbles said:

The heavens to piss it down on McLaren without a brolly in sight, and Big Bob to take offence to Steve's muddled Dutch accent whilst shouting instructions to his players. Thus igniting a deep rooted Flemish passion in Bob of borders gone by. Bob goes one step further than he did with Uwe on Saturday, floors McLaren, sits on his head and farts on him. As this is happening Vetokele breaks through in the 71st min, latching onto a Buyens through ball in front of the covered end
    and calmly chips their goalie. 1-0 addicks

Seems pretty likely actually.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90

Why do Englishmen abroad always talk English as though it isn't their first language, with a slightly foreign inflection?

"It will be very difficult, I think"
  • Options

Charlton Athletic

12 Alnwick
    16 Wiggins
    05 Morrison
    06 Dervite
    24 Cousins
    08 Stephens
    32 Stewart
    18 Kermorgant

Substitutes

03 Evina
    09 Church
    10 Sordell
    11 Harriott
    15 Wood
    20 Solly
    30 Pope

When you think of what we have now, how did that team manage to stay up?
    Alnwick is a quality keeper, defence I'd say is very similar quality wise - Morro is as good as Bikey & TBH when in form and he was last season, Stephens has the quality, Pritchard isn't super but is an engine, Stewart can create stuff and Kermorgant is one of the best players in the league.

That team should be staying up in the Champ tbh, few weak links but also some very strong ones.

Praying we get something tonight, a win would be absolutely massive, think midfield will be Derby's to control, but we will be quicker in moving it forward when we have it in midfield, Cousins a driving force, Gudmundsson whipping balls left right and centre. Think we may be in for one maybe two changes tonight...
  • Options
    Personally, if Solly is left out tonight (as I expect he will be), Bobs big decision will be to play Wilson or Gomez at RB. If he decides on Gomez, I'd like to see Wilson playing in front of him to offer some protection............
  • Options
    Interesting to see if Solly has to sit this one out, and if Bob feels Jacko needs a rest or sticks with the winning starters. Either way, Wilson must surely be involved at some point, and probably Moussa and Harriott from the bench too if both fit enough.

Reckon it'll be an open entertaining game with both teams going for it but in trying to equalise we concede a late third that puts a gloss on the final score for Derby.
  • Options
    Do you think there's any chance he might go for three centre backs with Wilson and Wiggins (maybe Fox ?) playing as wing backs to give us an extra man in the middle, something like this;

Pope
    Morro TBH Bikey
    Wilson. Wiggins
    Cousins Jacko Buyens
    Gudmunson
    Igor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Derby make hard work of beating Carlisle in the league cup.

Hughes played very deep, sometimes picking up the ball behind the CHs but his passing and distribution is good.

They got their full backs forward a lot to overlap and try hit cross to Martin who wasted some very good headed chances.

Grant is a very good keeper and they seem a well balanced side.

Should be a good test of this new Charlton side.

I expect a close, edgy game with a late winner for one side or the other.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Do you think there's any chance he might go for three centre backs with Wilson and Wiggins (maybe Fox ?) playing as wing backs to give us an extra man in the middle, something like this;

Pope
    Morro TBH Bikey
    Wilson. Wiggins
    Cousins Jacko Buyens
    Gudmunson
    Igor

I do not think so, big bob has stated he likes 4 4 2.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

se9addick said:

Pope
    Morro TBH Bikey
    Wilson. Wiggins
    Cousins Jacko Buyens
    Gudmunson
    Igor

I do not think so, big bob has stated he likes 4 4 2.
    You're right, I forgot that. Given the (relative) strength of the squad compared to last year it would be interesting to see if Bob is going to be flexible.
  • Options
    I think this game will be more open then Wigan and should be more entertaining
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Cup4.jpg

Rumours going around on twitter that this is the line up tonight

• Options

Personally, if Solly is left out tonight (as I expect he will be), Bobs big decision will be to play Wilson or Gomez at RB. If he decides on Gomez, I'd like to see Wilson playing in front of him to offer some protection............

Gudmundsson to switch to the left with Jordan in the middle and, reluctantly because I love him in a manly sort of way, splinters in the 'arris for Jacko.
  • Options
    Its certainly going to be a tight game but I'll stick my neck out and say 2-1 to us. Vetokele to score one and someone else the other. COYR!!!
  • Options
    Henderson

Gomez Bikey TBH Wiggins

Gudmundsson Buyens Jackson Cousins

Tucadean Vetokele

Surprisingly comfortable 2-0 win
  • Options

flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Cup4.jpg

Rumours going around on twitter that this is the line up tonight

Interesting. Both teams wore knickers (of course), but Charlton wore jerseys whilst Derby wore shirts.