Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Derby | Tues 19th Aug 2014 | Match Preview and Predictions

124»

Comments

• Options

flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Cup4.jpg

Rumours going around on twitter that this is the line up tonight

Interesting. Both teams wore knickers (of course), but Charlton wore jerseys whilst Derby wore shirts.
    That's northerners for you : - )
  • Options

Can only see a 4-1 defeat with that team!
  • Options
    1-1, I reckon. Three league games in and no defeats would be decent.
  • Options
    With 5 up top we're gonna concede!
  • Options
    Massive test for Big Bob the builder and the new look Ostende 11.

Beat this Derby side and even the sad old Charlton faithful will be taking the red optimism pills and booking romantic week-ends in Bruges.

1-1.
  • Options

Move on.
  • Options
    First game of the season for me tonight. So you all have my permission to abuse me when I jinx things.

That said I do fancy a point tonight, I'll go for 2-2.
  • Options
    I'm staying at hotel in Clerkenwell tonight. Will it be easy enough to get the train to Charlton and back or would it be better to drive?
  • Options

Charlton Athletic

12 Alnwick
    23 Wilson (Sordell - 85' )
    16 Wiggins
    05 Morrison
    06 Dervite
    24 Cousins
    07 Green (Harriott - 65' )
    08 Stephens
    14 Pritchard (Church - 65' )
    32 Stewart
    18 Kermorgant

Substitutes

03 Evina
    09 Church
    10 Sordell
    11 Harriott
    15 Wood
    20 Solly
    30 Pope

When you think of what we have now, how did that team manage to stay up?
    The answer to your question centres around the 65th minute substitution....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 to the Addicks. Our confidence will soar if that result comes to be.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I'm staying at hotel in Clerkenwell tonight. Will it be easy enough to get the train to Charlton and back or would it be better to drive?

Train from Cannon Street, Charing Cross or London Bridge I presume.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Train from Cannon Street, Charing Cross or London Bridge I presume.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Quietly optimistic about this one as even though Derby were a class apart last season it still took a deflected goal at the Valley to get them going. Having said that we are due a defeat and the team still hasn't quite gelled. 2-0 Derby and we are brought back down to earth.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Think this games hinges on two things
    Goalkeeper Pooe how quickly he settles he will have a lot more to do tonight then both keepers had on Saturday and more important the midfield .
    I think Derby will play 5 across the middle and they have done young players in there ... So team selection is vital tonight and that means dropping Jackson ....
    Be honest take a draw now ......

Have we a new goalkeeper or is he just messing himself at the thought of playing?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    imageGeorge and Igor put a picture on Instagram with the shirts up in changing room. "Moussa 10" was hanging up... does this mean he's in the team for Jackson with Cousins back in the middle?.... my guess is yes.
  • Options
    Or he's just in the match day squad.
  • Options
    heavenSE7 said:

imageGeorge and Igor put a picture on Instagram with the shirts up in changing room. "Moussa 10" was hanging up... does this mean he's in the team for Jackson with Cousins back in the middle?.... my guess is yes.

As good as I think that would be, sadly I fear it just may mean he's in the squad and on the bench.

I can't see Jackson being dropped at the moment, even if he is off pace a bit.
  • Options
    gawd i know nuffink, 1-1
  • Options
    We gambled on 2 v 3 in Central Midfield against Wigan, who dominated possession (55%-45%), but failed to take advantage. Derby are a different kettle of fish. Their 4-3-3 system is based on midfield runners. So who picks up the spare man? On Saturday, Cousins and Gudmindsson both tucked inside, leaving the full backs exposed, particularly Wiggins during the first half. Derby will know all about that.

I'll take a point now.

I'm looking forward to seeing Martin bottle it against Bikey. He will dive at every opportunity.