Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Never knew this...

Comments

• Options
    I don't actually mind Millwall, see them as rivals but don't mind them. Hate Palace on the other hand, think it's mainly cause of the fans, absolute creatures.
  • Options

cafctom said:

I detest Palace 10x more than Millwall.

Think the fact that we couldn't even sell our away allocation at Millwall out last season tells you that Palace are firmly in the driving seat as far as our biggest enemy is concerned.

All that shows is that most Charlton fans can't be bothered with the aggro involved in a game at the New Den...
    For a 6 kilometer trip, we should still be able to take 3,000 fans to play a team that is supposedly our fiercest rival according to some.

There is just as much, if not a bit more aggro when we play Palace and that always sells out.
  • Options
    Have some Millwall mates and tolerate them.
    Actually detest Palace. All started from the ground share!
  • Options

I'm 45 and I hate palace with a passion. I don't really care about Millwall apart from the fact that we can't beat them.

You look older in your pic
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

I detest Palace 10x more than Millwall.

Think the fact that we couldn't even sell our away allocation at Millwall out last season tells you that Palace are firmly in the driving seat as far as our biggest enemy is concerned.

All that shows is that most Charlton fans can't be bothered with the aggro involved in a game at the New Den...
    For a 6 kilometer trip, we should still be able to take 3,000 fans to play a team that is supposedly our fiercest rival according to some.

There is just as much, if not a bit more aggro when we play Palace and that always sells out.
    Our record against palace is much much better than Millwall. We probably didn't sell out cos people were expecting our usual annual roll over.
  • Options
    Ashaddick said:

We have had this before on here and I commented then, I can only assume we have some very young members on here.
    Charlton's dislike of Palace comes long before the days of ground share and I believe came around the time they started to talk like Billy big balls and with ex Charlton player Malcom Alison as their manager, along with his big hat, big cigar and big ego to match.

Whilst Millwall, although close rivals were like us supported by dockers whom in my early days would watch which ever team was at home that week.

It also depends where you live. I'm 49 and dislike them equally because there were more Palace fans than Millwall where I grew up, in Bromley.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    LuckyReds said:

To most mate Millsmall are the true rivals although over the years the behavior of the stripey kiddie hitterscand old man beating scum has warranted a bigger amounting younger fans hating them as much if not more than millsmall

To me I don't like either but my hatred is different towards both

I think that's pretty much spot on. As a younger fan I don't really mind Millwall a great deal; have a nasty history but they don't really come up on my radar. They have their West Ham bitterness and that suits them.

Palace though? Cowardly and Cringey. Plastic and pathetic.

This is what I'll be calling that lot from now on!
    Cringey Plastic FC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol

GH there's so much that some don't know about the stains , which ain't such a bad thing
  • Options

Okay I knew both Charlton and Millwall are rivals but I never knew both your grounds were so close to each other (less than 5 miles?) that's roughly about the same distance between Wednesday and United.

So am I right in thinking that you see Palace as your main rival? if so why?

Are you taking the p***?
    No it was a genuine question?

Okay I knew both Charlton and Millwall are rivals but I never knew both your grounds were so close to each other (less than 5 miles?) that's roughly about the same distance between Wednesday and United.

So am I right in thinking that you see Palace as your main rival? if so why?

Are you taking the p***?
    isn't he always ?
    I just like taking the piss out of you bob.

• Options
    Greenie said:

Also at least Millwall have an identity
    Unlike the Nigels who are footballs equivalent of Glee.

Nicking this.
  • Options
    I prefer a geek singing a song than a twunt who wants a fight

Millwall are the scum .
    Palace have a little bit of scum in them as do must clubs .

All this I have millwall mates so don't mind them is a bit weird , I don't want the fellas I banter about football with to be laughing at how much better their team is than mine (childish I know)
    I have palace and millwall mates and I want them to be suffering pain and depression in association with their football teams
    My only consolation with palace historically doing so well since the early 90s with cup finals and finishing third ,I think , is at least it's not the scum , who deserve the footballing equivalent of room 101

I await the day when we score that last minute winner against the scum and a few of our more innocent fans may then realise who the real scum are
  • Options
    I love football, I eat sleep and breathe Charlton, I just don't understand (and I'm not criticising, if anything I wish I did) how people can muster up so much hate to another football team based on their location, for what seems to be largely spurious reasons. I'm sure if we were down the road from Burnley people would hate them just as much.
  • Options
    Norwood Junction FC embarrassing muggy people and team. Place where people go shopping. Sadly where some of CAFC's great players played their best moments, like Johnny H and i've got one trick and I'm going to do it over and over again Reid.

And then there's Briley walloping the ball in from miles out dressed in a Sunday league yellow number and grinning like a chimp. And Sheringham and Hurlock and popping out one by one from that stupid alley from the away at Cold sore lane, and "halfway line nuff said" and that pylon in the away end and the whole Bermondsey bollocks and saying they're Milltool though they've never been and pretending they're massive because they took 5 million against Wigan but only get 5000 at home. That prick in the mac back at the Valley. Working with them and around them, having some of them in your Sunday side, and only very rarely ever getting to gloat about beating them.
    Listening to them patronise Charlton as though their shitty little club ever achieved anything. Going past the toolbox on the train and having my son ask is that them then?
    Playing for CAFC supporters and beating them, scoring against them. Didn't want to have a drink with them just beat them and get to the game unlike the Barnsleee lads who were genuine.
    There is no comparison between muggy Norwood and that blue stain on the map. Even if we lose the moment can be redeemed by the fact they have too. Moments of joy like winning at Sheff Utd and them losing in the division above and the hope later dashed that we would pass them as we went up and them down. The hopeful maths of last season when working out that it was still possible for them to go down no matter how ridiculous the permutations. Even up here people telling me they lost when I walk in the pub because everyone enjoys them losing.
    They are right, nobody likes them because they are (insert own derogatory term).
    Just to re state one of the top 3 most loathsome players ever - Briley
  • Options
    Used to work with an old boy, he was a tool maker and Charlton, his dad and his brother were spanners and that's what they used as fitters. The difference was education.
  • Options
    I can't really bring myself to hate them, most Palace fans I've met are actually very similar to Charlton fans, they have their idiot supporters, but so do we...
    I agree with this. Most of my mates are Palace Fans, a few are Manure and a few Spurs.
  • Options
    Reading the Pulis thread on that Palace forum was interesting, as it was basically the same as on here. Millwall forums though, bloody hell. Dystopian horror.
    That's pretty much all I've got to go on as I only know one Palace fan and no Millwall fans.
  • Options

The longest local rivalry is with Millwall.
    Palace? The Selhurst ground-share had little, if nothing, to do with Palace fans. Our nomadic period was down to the bosses. We didn't want to be there, and the Palace fans were none too pleased, either. To 'hate' them is therefore ridiculous (although the assaults on Addicks fans a few seasons ago was clearly despicable).

What a ridiculous outpouring of mature adult logic - there really is no place for this sort of thing in football ;-)

Incidentally, having re-read the thread nobody actually says they specifically hate the Palace fans because of ground "share"; more, the whole unpleasant episode helped direct their hatred towards Palace as a club and rival. Maybe you had a "posted without reading" episode?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would always put Palace as the club I detest the most. Trying to explain that is not so easy. It certainly pre-dates the ground share days, which didn't bother me too much aside from the obvious fact we had no real home - the fact is Palace made it no worse. I am happy to put it down to a rare but lifelong bit of irrationality. I just don't like 'em. Dennis in the last minute is still one of the great memories.

Do I like Millwall? No, I don't like their fans much although I accept that this is not based on recent personal experience.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I love football, I eat sleep and breathe Charlton, I just don't understand (and I'm not criticising, if anything I wish I did) how people can muster up so much hate to another football team based on their location, for what seems to be largely spurious reasons. I'm sure if we were down the road from Burnley people would hate them just as much.

Agree "hate" is a pretty strong word. At the end of the day we are talking about football teams, not nazis. I dislike Palarse and Millwall, and I enjoy it when they lose, but hate them? Id rather reserve that word for genuinely hate-able things like racism, or sexism etc....
  • Options
    Other then the stupid "Ultras" nonsense i have nothing against Palace fans, it is all the club and former owner/s.

Where as Millwall it is the fans, as even the decent fans seem to relish in the embarrassing hooligan element/reputation when it suits them, its pathetic that a club in 2014(or ever) is still like that in some way.

If the decent fans actually decided to join the rest of the modern world, by as a club kicking out that element of their fanbase, other then a bit of friendly local rivalry, i would have nothing against them as a club.

• Options

no ur not right ---Millwall will always be our rivals----palarse treated us like shit when we hd to share their shit hole , we paid that back by relegating them from the prem.

nearest ground to us is West Ham but the Thames is in the way.

The season after when Sheridan scored a wonder goal to win 1-0.

Yeah and so did Colin Walsh... Yard over the line and the ref never gave it
  • Options
    I dislike both clubs, but it is a different type of dislike for each one.

Hard to quantify in words, it is just the way I 'feel' about them.
  • Options
    In reality, I don't hate either of them. It's just football. But I do think that a significant minority of Millwall fans are nasty pieces of work - same as Leeds, Birmingham and a few other clubs.

I've mellowed a bit towards Palace. Thought their support was excellent last season and the time spent in traffic jams in Sydenham in the 80s is starting to fade from memory.
  • Options
    Went to secondary school in SE7 and half the class were red and half blue. If you came from Lewisham you always had spanner mates. Worth remembering that the old Den was even closer to the Valley but always thought Orient was the closest ground. As for the so called team of the eighties...those bastards did all they can to put us out of business.
  • Options

no ur not right ---Millwall will always be our rivals----palarse treated us like shit when we hd to share their shit hole , we paid that back by relegating them from the prem.

nearest ground to us is West Ham but the Thames is in the way.

The season after when Sheridan scored a wonder goal to win 1-0.

Yeah and so did Colin Walsh... Yard over the line and the ref never gave it
    That in the same game? can't remember that one?