Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do other posters speak?

Comments

• Options
    Greenie said:

I sound like Churchill..........

.......the dog, not the Wartime PM.

Ooooooohhhh Yesssss
  • Options
    Addicted said:

JiMMy 85 said:

It is an interesting experiment to tape yourself speaking and then listen to your voice played back. Most people say 'that doesn't sound like me' because the sound they hear is filtered through their skull whereas everyone else hears something different. I speak in a beautiful modulated and pleasing tone but unfortunately the bloody tape machine distorts it...

As someone recently said to me, we have three voices. The one we hear, the one everybody else hears, and the one in your head.
    The one in my head sounds like Brian Blessed
    In real life or in Peppa Pig ?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It is an interesting experiment to tape yourself speaking and then listen to your voice played back. Most people say 'that doesn't sound like me' because the sound they hear is filtered through their skull whereas everyone else hears something different. I speak in a beautiful modulated and pleasing tone but unfortunately the bloody tape machine distorts it...

As someone recently said to me, we have three voices. The one we hear, the one everybody else hears, and the one in your head.
    |I've got 10. The one I hear, the one everybody else hears and the eight voices in my head.
  • Options
    DeeBee sounds like the guy from Big Bang theory. Fact
  • Options
    ValleyGary sounds just like Terry Thomas, I believe.
  • Options

Who's Terry Thomas?!!!

matt_himself sounds like Sloth from The Goonies
  • Options
    @chester_conrad‌ - Larry Grayson
  • Options

@chester_conrad‌ - Larry Grayson

Shut that door.
  • Options
    I speak like I'm straight out of Downton Abbey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Damn you crap restricted bandwidth portable broadband!!

Jumped onto Google last night when reading this thread and looked for some internet voice recording software. Most required an update of Adobe on my lap top which took a serious age to download by which time I had convinced myself it was perhaps not a good idea for CL to hear my dulcet Sarf London tones...

Unless you've got a pc from, like 1990 you should have sound recorder built in. You shouldn't have to download anything. Just type "sound recorder" into the start menu search, or look in accessories.
    Ta. Really didn't know that...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    No offence @ValleyGary‌ but I reckon someone's on a wind up, check this out :-)
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry-Thomas
  • Options

I pronounce south 'sowf' I am from south london and have never said it as 'sarf'.

I was thinking the same thing last night
  • Options

Who's Terry Thomas?!!!

matt_himself sounds like Sloth from The Goonies
    You don't know who Terry-Thomas was? You're an absolute shower! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I sound just like Peter Capaldi so I'm told (in Tucker mode as opposed to slightly camp actor mode btw).
  • Options

I sound just like Peter Capaldi so I'm told (in Tucker mode as opposed to slightly camp actor mode btw).

Who? Are you a Doctor then? :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No offence @ValleyGary‌ but I reckon someone's on a wind up, check this out :-)
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry-Thomas

Ha Getting right mugged off!!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Who? Are you a Doctor then? :-)
    If I could time travel none of my mates on this forum would be poor as you would all know next Saturdays football results.........
  • Options

Greenie Jnr sounds like a bellend
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Now now Sheldon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DeeBee said:

Now now Sheldon
    Rather Sheldon than Barry Kripke!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I apparently sound a lot younger than I actually am over the phone, so people who've only ever spoken to me that way are usually surprised when they meet me.
  • Options

Damn you crap restricted bandwidth portable broadband!!

Jumped onto Google last night when reading this thread and looked for some internet voice recording software. Most required an update of Adobe on my lap top which took a serious age to download by which time I had convinced myself it was perhaps not a good idea for CL to hear my dulcet Sarf London tones...

Unless you've got a pc from, like 1990 you should have sound recorder built in. You shouldn't have to download anything. Just type "sound recorder" into the start menu search, or look in accessories.
    Ta. Really didn't know that...
    I live to serve.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Uboat said:

Greenie said:

I sound like Churchill..........

.......the dog, not the Wartime PM.

You're Northern? I always assumed you sounded like Jonathan Ross.
    Cheers Uboat
    I weckon u might sound like Sean Connery
    Shadly not.
  • Options
    People tell me I sound just like my mum on the phone, I've heard recordings of myself and think I sound like a relatively well spoken 12 year old. Bizarre.

This thread is giving me some strange visuals!
  • Options

DeeBee said:

Now now Sheldon
    Rather Sheldon than Barry Kripke!

Get it right...

Bawwy Kwipke
  • Options
    I've got an East end gran, S London Grandad, S London Mother & Father, I grew up in deepest darkest Kent so a mix of all them probably. Guv.
  • Options

Operation pig - Zack dingle

Sam Dingle

You've both received a good amount of Lols at my expense :(.... however I don't know who this Zak or Sam Dingle is and refuse to you-tube or Google it.

But if you must know I sound like someone from Sheffield, an accent that seems normal and extremely clear to understand?

• Options

Sam Dingle

You've both received a good amount of Lols at my expense :(.... however I don't know who this Zak or Sam Dingle is and refuse to you-tube or Google it.

But if you must know I sound like someone from Sheffield, an accent that seems normal and extremely clear to understand?

I take it you've never left Sheffield then?
  • Options
    Kathy Burke.