Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do other posters speak?

Comments

• Options

Operation pig - Zack dingle

Sam Dingle

You've both received a good amount of Lols at my expense :(.... however I don't know who this Zak or Sam Dingle is and refuse to you-tube or Google it.

But if you must know I sound like someone from Sheffield, an accent that seems normal and extremely clear to understand?

I take it you've never left Sheffield then?
    Yes I've been all over lol, and my accent came with me too.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Kathy Burke.

In Kevin and Perry or as Frogmella?
  • Options
    Nah...in Gimme Gimme Gimme, that way the looks would match too
  • Options
    Imagine Paulie to sound like Ronnie O'Sullivan for some reason.

Goonerhater to sound like Mike Reid

Ken from Bexley like Simon Callow
  • Options
    I speak like Carl Leaburn.
  • Options

Damn you crap restricted bandwidth portable broadband!!

Jumped onto Google last night when reading this thread and looked for some internet voice recording software. Most required an update of Adobe on my lap top which took a serious age to download by which time I had convinced myself it was perhaps not a good idea for CL to hear my dulcet Sarf London tones...

Unless you've got a pc from, like 1990 you should have sound recorder built in. You shouldn't have to download anything. Just type "sound recorder" into the start menu search, or look in accessories.
    Ta. Really didn't know that...
    I live to serve.
    Had fun with that. Don't think I'll be posting the results on here though...Maybe the farting thread.
  • Options
    What does Fanny sound like ?
  • Options

she is mellifluous.
  • Options
    I imagine Paulie to sound like that George from Gogglebox, who's now in Celeb BB
  • Options

Sam Dingle
    I was thinking Seth Armstrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

when asked where i come from and i say South London its always is that "sarrrrf London" which i always reply thats right. hate hearing my own voice (yes i know many others would agree with that) makes my toes curl. met many big hitters and famous peeps in hotels over the years always thought i should speak posher when chatting to em--would never have lasted ----you are what you are.

AFKA sounds like larry Grason

One really should have a conflagration on Blackheath comprising itinerants and their mobile homes....
    I'm guessing Ben Elton.
  • Options

Sam Dingle
    I was thinking Seth Armstrong.
    Maybe Amos Brearly?
  • Options
    I was compared to Dale Winton by a nice fellow on ITTV not sure if that was speech, looks, demeanour or not, and no I didn't ask him to clarify
  • Options
    razil said:

I was compared to Dale Winton by a nice fellow on ITTV not sure if that was speech, looks, demeanour or not, and no I didn't ask him to clarify

Drazil
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

she is mellifluous.
    I wish !

(Mind you I had to look that one up !)

Bit concerned that SHG had to ask that question as we have met.....

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Afraid not...... I really should be ken from Charlton, lived and went to school (Sherrington) and lived on the local council estates, so despite a vinner of higher education, when the shit hit's the fan I do tend to swear like Gordon Ramsey, I speak too fast, and too much, some people say I moan a lot......probably true.
  • Options
    Apparently I sound Australian... ffs... sarf-east larndun innit...
  • Options

Sam Dingle

You've both received a good amount of Lols at my expense :(.... however I don't know who this Zak or Sam Dingle is and refuse to you-tube or Google it.

But if you must know I sound like someone from Sheffield, an accent that seems normal and extremely clear to understand?

I see you as a Mike Harding with the big mutton chops.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

From his colourful, descriptive prose I imagine that Viewfinder speaks like Brian Sewell.

A very attractive young Dutch woman stopped me in Rye the other week and asked for directions to anywhere selling fish & chips and ice cream. When I had directed her to the Mermaid Hotel, she told me I have "a posh accent" - and I assured her that was a compliment.

Henry Irving sounds like Woodrow Wyatt - 'The Voice of Reason' - and that's another compliment.

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Afraid not...... I really should be ken from Charlton, lived and went to school (Sherrington) and lived on the local council estates, so despite a vinner of higher education, when the shit hit's the fan I do tend to swear like Gordon Ramsey, I speak too fast, and too much, some people say I moan a lot......probably true.
    Ken from Rantville

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

MrOneLung said:

Ken from Rantville

;)
    Buy does he have a proper BBC accent?

(Sorry Ken)
  • Options
    @Clem_Snide‌ - Louie Spence.
  • Options
    Living in the States I might just as well be an Aussie because that's what everyone thinks. Been over here, on and off, for 32 years and still sound like a good old South London boy.
  • Options
    Folks. There's only one way to do this thread, and that's this

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dqPKar3vWz
  • Options
    edited August 2014

MrOneLung said:

she is mellifluous.
    I wish !

I stood in front of Fanny at Bolton away last year.

I can confirm that her voice is melliflous.

Like an opera singer with her mouth 2 inches from your ear is mellifluous.

I haven't been the same man since and still flinch at loud noises.

EDIT. I forgot to mention I was about 10 rows in front.
  • Options
    Folk at work reckon I sound like John Hannah but then again the regulars down my local think I sound like Rab C Nesbitt.
    Amazing how a good skinful can affect my dulcet tones
  • Options
    BDL said:

razil said:

MrOneLung said:

Ken from Rantville

;)
    Buy does he have a proper BBC accent?

(Sorry Ken)
    Personally, I think it is the company I keep these day's?......
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

she is mellifluous.
    I wish !

I stood in front of Fanny at Bolton away last year.

I can confirm that her voice is melliflous.

Like an opera singer with her mouth 2 inches from your ear is mellifluous.

I haven't been the same man since and still flinch at loud noises.

EDIT. I forgot to mention I was about 10 rows in front.
    Lol !

I am known for my traumatising (?) volume, Wmt & have rendered many an Addick stone deaf....

If you let me know where you'll be sitting tomorrow, I'll do my best to give you a wide berth ( in the nicest possible way!)

• Options
    She doesn't but wouldn't it be good if Fanny sounded like Beryl Reid ;0)