Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham Away

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I think pretty much everyone that wants to go will find a way, granted London aways different to northern trips but when it comes to April next year it could be an issue. Scum (a), Flum (h) ,Massive Wendy (a), Doogie Weeman(a) , Dirty Leeds(h) and Brum(a). What a month, lets hope we there or there abouts and no fixture pile up from cup. Will quite happily go out in fourth round to top 5 prem side. Such friendly sides to play especially if a couple of these in relegation bother.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

At the end of the day we possibly have two games a season where there is a problem with the distribution of tickets.
    Anybody who has a knowledge of the numbers we take to away games, games like Rotherham people should just use their loaf and realise that there is very little chance of us coming anywhere near close to selling out.
    If the worst did happen sit in the home end.

I appreciate this mate but we don't want ANY problems if they can be avoided and today's exchange of email with the club can't do any harm can it, if it raises the profile for consideration. If there is a hardcore of say 250 away followers most of those will probably be in the preferential category anyway but it's those who are not, who are being hard done by, which is not right. I'm not going to get into the side effect of increasing away numbers because I doubt there will be much affect if any, I just don't want a repeat of the Brentford fiasco at all and Bournemouth last year and the year before springs to mind.

I would hope it is not a case of certain posters refusing to open up to the possibilities of a different approach because their own situation is one of I'm alright Jack so why change it. I would like to see away ticket priority going to those with 10 or more away games in the last 12 months then those with 5 and only then to the prioritised categories who should only be allowed two tickets each until general release.
    Final paragraph would be a fair way of selling I agree.
  • Options

we sold the entire end at Smallwall two years ago even tho we had to walk from New cross

Didn't think we were given all the bottom tier, may be wrong.
    We were, and again last season
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

we sold the entire end at Smallwall two years ago even tho we had to walk from New cross

If I went to Millwall perhaps I would get my facts right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Well done the Ticket office (Dave C I assume) for replying.

I think, Spanish, you are overlooking two key points made

"On your other point, I spread out the dates for the different phases for priority bookings for a couple of reasons,
    1. To ensure fans have plenty of time within each phase to arrange their tickets. When we shortened the dates in the past we had a lot of complaints where fans missed out (holiday, work commitments, could not contact the ticket office because it was busy etc.).
    2. To spread the workload over a number of days to ensure we can service the demand appropriately with the resources at our disposal in the ticket office.

You also said

"Not everyone wants (can afford) to be a ST, VP and/or VG." That's fair enough and no one is forced to pay for those but if people can afford to travel away on a regular basis from SE London or Kent then I suspect that could also afford VG. It is there choice but I find it hard when some people plead poverty to pay £10 a month for VG but can afford £100 twice a month for an away game.

" £100 twice a month for an away game " ?

That's surely a bit steep even if you travel by stretch limo !

Spot on Fanny !!

• Options
    RedChaser said:

I would hope it is not a case of certain posters refusing to open up to the possibilities of a different approach because their own situation is one of I'm alright Jack so why change it. I would like to see away ticket priority going to those with 10 or more away games in the last 12 months then those with 5 and only then to the prioritised categories who should only be allowed two tickets each until general release.

Lets see if Dave C reviews this issue as he said he would. Ultimately, if it means across the board everyone is getting a fair chance at getting a ticket then cant see why people object so much unless @RedChaser‌ has hit the nail on the head.
  • Options

I'll start a poll for you Spanish :-)

Please put your name down here, if you want to go to Rotherham, but because of the restrictions in place, will not be going. (Presumably, because it will be too expensive or too late, when you can be certain of getting a ticket ......

Spanish, 4 days and not a soul has piped up. Just admit you're wrong & we'll say no more about it :-)
  • Options
    Never had you down as one of the funny posters on here amigo.....

I'll be sure to check with you first next time I have an idea for a forum topic for discussion
  • Options
    I'm amazed we've put this on restricted sale, though as others have said it's better to be cautious. I bought my train tickets at the start of July (£20 return with a 16-25 Railcard) in no doubt that I would be able to get a ticket.

My situation is that I'm a student in Southampton, so I had to give up my season ticket when I went off to uni in 2011. I go to most home games when I'm back home in August/September, at Christmas and at Easter, and a small number of aways. I only managed 2 last season (Watford and Ipswich) as I was on a year abroad in Spain. I'm not a VG member.

So basically I'm hoping (reasonably confidently) that there will still be tickets available to go on general sale.
  • Options
    @EpsomAddick‌ , another perfectly legitimate reason @Covered End‌ how the club are sometimes not looking after all the fans... but I guess you don't want good examples heh....?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not necessarily criticising the club. I understand that because I'm not as regular an away traveller as others I don't deserve the same priority as those who go more often. I'm just surprised at the fact that this game would need sale restrictions, given we generally don't travel in large numbers up North.
  • Options

I'm amazed we've put this on restricted sale, though as others have said it's better to be cautious. I bought my train tickets at the start of July (£20 return with a 16-25 Railcard) in no doubt that I would be able to get a ticket.

My situation is that I'm a student in Southampton, so I had to give up my season ticket when I went off to uni in 2011. I go to most home games when I'm back home in August/September, at Christmas and at Easter, and a small number of aways. I only managed 2 last season (Watford and Ipswich) as I was on a year abroad in Spain. I'm not a VG member.

So basically I'm hoping (reasonably confidently) that there will still be tickets available to go on general sale.

There will be plenty of tickets left on General sale for the Rotherham game.
  • Options
    Couldn't get a ticket today for my stepson - despite the fact he went to enough away games, but because I or other people buy his tickets he doesn't have proof.

We therefore have to both wait until next tuesday. Don't expect it to be a problem then though. The restrictions for this one do seem to be slightly excessive.
  • Options
    I may have missed it, but what's the allocation for Rotherham and how many are going on sale tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I may have missed it, but what's the allocation for Rotherham and how many are going on sale tomorrow?

@TheRedRobin 2338 according to the OP now in phase two as follows;
    Restricted sale phase two

From 9am on the morning of Tuesday, August 26th season-ticket holders with a purchase history of five or more away games during the 2013/14 campaign can buy up to the minimum purchased for all five games last season.

Valley Gold members with a purchase history of five or more away games during the 2013/14 campaign can also buy up to the minimum purchased for all five games last season.

Restricted sale phase three

From 9am on the morning of Tuesday, September 2nd all season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members will be able to purchase up to two tickets each for the match at The New York Stadium.

Fans with a purchase history of five or more away games during the 2013/14 campaign can also buy up to the minimum purchased for all five games last season.

General sale

Should any places for the game remain available, then tickets will go on general sale from 9am on the morning of Tuesday, September 9th.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I'll start a poll for you Spanish :-)

Please put your name down here, if you want to go to Rotherham, but because of the restrictions in place, will not be going. (Presumably, because it will be too expensive or too late, when you can be certain of getting a ticket ......

Spanish, 4 days and not a soul has piped up. Just admit you're wrong & we'll say no more about it :-)
    Spanish said:

Never had you down as one of the funny posters on here amigo.....

I'll be sure to check with you first next time I have an idea for a forum topic for discussion

I think you missed my :-) . This is a smiley & it means I'm having a bit of banter/a laugh with you.
    Apologies if you misunderstood. It wasn't a dig.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@TheRedRobin 2338 according to the OP now in phase two as follows;
    Restricted sale phase two

From 9am on the morning of Tuesday, August 26th season-ticket holders with a purchase history of five or more away games during the 2013/14 campaign can buy up to the minimum purchased for all five games last season.

Valley Gold members with a purchase history of five or more away games during the 2013/14 campaign can also buy up to the minimum purchased for all five games last season.

Restricted sale phase three

From 9am on the morning of Tuesday, September 2nd all season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members will be able to purchase up to two tickets each for the match at The New York Stadium.

Fans with a purchase history of five or more away games during the 2013/14 campaign can also buy up to the minimum purchased for all five games last season.

General sale

Should any places for the game remain available, then tickets will go on general sale from 9am on the morning of Tuesday, September 9th.
    Great, cheers Red.
  • Options
    271 sold so far according to Charlton twitter.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

You did not get the entire bottom tier. Otherwise there wouldn't have been all that room for your flare throwers to run in to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

stonemuse said:

You did not get the entire bottom tier. Otherwise there wouldn't have been all that room for your flare throwers to run in to.
    Move on! ;o)
  • Options
    Anyone taking any children to this? ;oP
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

New ground syndrome

That's me all over. I only go to away games now if it's a ground I haven't been to so looking forward to this one. Plastic fan that I am. Gutted that the mrs has decided to do her birthday celebrations the weekend of Cardiff away, the only other one I had pencilled in. FFS
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Some sort of irony with a millwall fan complaining about hooliganism from the other set of supporters.
  • Options
    And quibbling about a few empty seats in a stadium that's usually half empty :)

Anyway...onto Rotherham. 9 of us heading up (well 8 heading up and 1 travelling over from Widnes)...first day back after holiday, so really looking forward to it.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

That Flare still gets to you lot doesn't it.... Anyway jog on mate, you lot def won't have any issues with your allocation at Rotherham !! Adios feo...
  • Options

"On your other point, I spread out the dates for the different phases for priority bookings for a couple of reasons,
    1. To ensure fans have plenty of time within each phase to arrange their tickets. When we shortened the dates in the past we had a lot of complaints where fans missed out (holiday, work commitments, could not contact the ticket office because it was busy etc.).
    2. To spread the workload over a number of days to ensure we can service the demand appropriately with the resources at our disposal in the ticket office.

You also said

"Not everyone wants (can afford) to be a ST, VP and/or VG." That's fair enough and no one is forced to pay for those but if people can afford to travel away on a regular basis from SE London or Kent then I suspect that could also afford VG. It is there choice but I find it hard when some people plead poverty to pay £10 a month for VG but can afford £100 twice a month for an away game.

My son went to hudds on saturday and tthe train from basingsrtoke cost £110 return. He further wenrt to derby tuesday and had to stay overnight and is going to brighton sarturday. Theres a good £100 per trip for you.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

And quibbling about a few empty seats in a stadium that's usually half empty :)

Anyway...onto Rotherham. 9 of us heading up (well 8 heading up and 1 travelling over from Widnes)...first day back after holiday, so really looking forward to it.

Living in Widnes and spending a weekend away in Rotherham.

Some people have all the luck.
  • Options

You also said

My son went to hudds on saturday and tthe train from basingsrtoke cost £110 return. He further wenrt to derby tuesday and had to stay overnight and is going to brighton sarturday. Theres a good £100 per trip for you.
    Well done that man.
  • Options
    You can still get returns to Doncaster for £16 and then another £5rtn Don to Rotherham, only until midnight tomorrow night though.