Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham Away

Comments

• Options

You can still get returns to Doncaster for £16 and then another £5rtn Don to Rotherham, only until midnight tomorrow night though.

have you got a link please ? :D
  • Options

You can still get returns to Doncaster for £16 and then another £5rtn Don to Rotherham, only until midnight tomorrow night though.

have you got a link please ? :D
    Don't know how to do links sorry, but it's East Coast trains, i just used them, so def works.

• Options
    Evening.
    just flicked through this thread and couldn't see this:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/rotherham_united/

Apologies if its already on CL elsewhere.
  • Options
    Tickets are on general sale from today. So all you thousands that have had to wait, can pile in :-)
  • Options
    Can't wait, new ground for our merry band.
  • Options
    Just ordered mine, nice that as a student it's £10 cheaper after having to pay the full £32 at Brighton.
  • Options
    Before today we'd sold 600 odd tickets, just over a quarter of the initial allocation.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

TelMc32 said:

And quibbling about a few empty seats in a stadium that's usually half empty :)

Anyway...onto Rotherham. 9 of us heading up (well 8 heading up and 1 travelling over from Widnes)...first day back after holiday, so really looking forward to it.

Living in Widnes and spending a weekend away in Rotherham.

Some people have all the luck.
    They do indeed SR...sadly, it's called bad!! ;-)

P.S. Sorry Mick!! :-)
  • Options
    Was thinking of staying in Peak District on the saturday - any suggestions? maybe decent booza with rooms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    adsads
    edited September 2014

Was thinking of staying in Peak District on the saturday - any suggestions? maybe decent booza with rooms.

The Fox House pub near Grindleford is a decent pub with rooms, or you could try The Castle in Castleton and take a trip up the devils arse....Edale and Hathersage also have good options (can't remember names at the min)

• Options
    Imagine lots will buy at weekend
  • Options

The Slaughtered Lamb. Don't go out on the moors.
  • Options
    The Old Hall Inn, in Chinley.
  • Options

The Slaughtered Lamb. Don't go out on the moors.
    "Remember the Alamo"......"You made I miss!"

• Options
    ads said:

The Fox House pub near Grindleford is a decent pub with rooms, or you could try The Castle in Castleton and take a trip up the devils arse....Edale and Hathersage also have good options (can't remember names at the min)

I'll second Castleton, stunning old village awash with pubs with B&B and great food but without a doubt the best pub for superb food and great accommodation is the Poachers Arms in Hope which is just a mile up the road from Castleton :)
  • Options

Before today we'd sold 600 odd tickets, just over a quarter of the initial allocation.

Lets hope the club learn from this....

Tickets are on general sale from today. So all you thousands that have had to wait, can pile in :-)

That was never my point mate...
  • Options

ads said:

I'll second Castleton, stunning old village awash with pubs with B&B and great food but without a doubt the best pub for superb food and great accommodation is the Poachers Arms in Hope which is just a mile up the road from Castleton :)
    Poachers is fully booked, as is Castleton by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Does anyone know the times which valley express is running on Saturday? I'm going to Canterbury uni to help my other half settle in. But want to go football on the Saturday as she has a starter course.

Would appreciate if someone could help me with the following?

A) the nearest pick up point from Canterbury ?

B) do I have to be a red card member? (I was 4 years ago but lost my card)

I have had a look online but I can't find a lot of information. I think it's brilliant how times have changed as this time last year I wouldn't have even thought about a fixture like this
  • Options
    Any idea on how many tickets sold?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Any idea on how many tickets sold?

only a few left, been selling like hotcakes.
  • Options
    Got my ticket. Watching the mighty Charlton Atheltic play 3 times in the space of 7 days...the stuff dreams are made of!
  • Options
    Wasn't able to go to that many games last season (not such a bad thing in hindsight) it is all the more special getting to see us regularly again, this will be my 5th game of the season and 2nd away game.
  • Options
    we will take between 1000 and 1500 up there
  • Options
    Got our tickets, 3rd away game of the season COYR
  • Options
    848 sold so far.
  • Options

markmc68 said:

Whilst up there please please please no songs about the town. Not funny and makes us look like complete knobs likeit it did on Saturday with troy Deeney. We have more class than that. Don't we ?

This!!! I'd like to think that we as a fan base have a little bit more class than to try and get a rise by singing about what has gone on in that town. Some things are out of bounds and would like to think that all of us appreciates that paedophile grooming gangs are one of them.

Stay classy Addicks.

This !!
    Looking forward to going to the match with my family, I do hope the supporters have enough class about them not to sing about the crap things Rotherham has had to experience and face up to.
  • Options
    Exactly - how would any of us feel if someone we knew had suffered that sort of abuse as a kid and some idiots from another town decided to try and bait us with it ?